Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I didn't realise how bad PvP was broken, until tonight - and why nobody does RWZ's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I didn't realise how bad PvP was broken, until tonight - and why nobody does RWZ's

CommanderKeeva's Avatar


CommanderKeeva
11.05.2012 , 10:28 AM | #211
Don't worry those guys the OP just described are not limited to ranked pvp (at least on our server), I see them in normal warzones all the time. Two days ago I had a match against 4 people with Elite Warlord titles. I've never seen 8 people die so quickly, I got swarmed and was dead before I could blink or even get off the first skill. Then, of course everyone on our side left. And then the enemy team typed "gg" in /say -.-

I really don't understand how they cannot make a decent matchmaking system that takes expertise, valor and team composition into account in both regular and ranked warzones.

Granted there can be some close, enjoyable matches but for me those are few and far between. 95% of the time it's one side annihilating the other and it's a matter of luck, which side you wind up on. It's not a QQ post any more than the thousands of other similar posts but surely BW can realize that there are a myriad issues (gear gap, class imbalance, pug vs premade matches, broken expertise and resolve system) that are destroying PvP in my favorite MMO.

Sometimes I think the players care more about this game than the developers. What sometimes, all the time...
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Sweeet's Avatar


Sweeet
11.05.2012 , 11:10 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by rmitchell View Post
high end pvp in pretty much every game is on the player and not the game, look at wow, league of legends, GW2, pretty much any relevant game and it is up to the player to be able to compete on that level. Not make the game easier for those who cant put up what they need to.
No it is up to the game developer to make sure the game is a fun and hospitable environment for all who play it. SWTOR does not do that in the slightest. What we have here, is a game that now caters its PvP to a niche few who have simply learnt to live with it. We then have the top echelon of players who can utterly abuse their position to make everyone else's life a misery, and they do it on a daily basis because Bioware have made it possible. They can do this because burst damage is too high when BiS, CC is well over the top and the difference between Recruit/BM compared to WH BiS is still far too big given the limited health pools and high burst available.

No-one is asking for Bioware to flat out make it easier, we are asking to make the game more hospitable and fun for all who play it. If anything it would make the game harder as it would put people on a more level playing field with each other meaning better overall competition. Those top echelon of players will still dominate, so I really don't see what the problem is here, as it can only benefit the game as a whole. The more people happily playing PvP, the more money Bioware makes and thus more development gets put into PvP - why are so many people against that if not for their own selfish reasons?

Nothing is set in stone remember, MMO's are evolving all the time, except in this case, since 1.2, PvP has seemed to devolve with nearly every patch.

Lejune's Avatar


Lejune
11.05.2012 , 12:06 PM | #213
I completely agree Sweet and Commanderkeava. I don't think they understand why they have lost soooooo many subscribers. It's not because of the story quest or the pve lol. They better get it right before the F2P leaches say the hell with it too.

Thexremstar's Avatar


Thexremstar
11.05.2012 , 03:11 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweeet View Post
No it is up to the game developer to make sure the game is a fun and hospitable environment for all who play it. SWTOR does not do that in the slightest. What we have here, is a game that now caters its PvP to a niche few who have simply learnt to live with it. We then have the top echelon of players who can utterly abuse their position to make everyone else's life a misery, and they do it on a daily basis because Bioware have made it possible. They can do this because burst damage is too high when BiS, CC is well over the top and the difference between Recruit/BM compared to WH BiS is still far too big given the limited health pools and high burst available.

No-one is asking for Bioware to flat out make it easier, we are asking to make the game more hospitable and fun for all who play it. If anything it would make the game harder as it would put people on a more level playing field with each other meaning better overall competition. Those top echelon of players will still dominate, so I really don't see what the problem is here, as it can only benefit the game as a whole. The more people happily playing PvP, the more money Bioware makes and thus more development gets put into PvP - why are so many people against that if not for their own selfish reasons?

Nothing is set in stone remember, MMO's are evolving all the time, except in this case, since 1.2, PvP has seemed to devolve with nearly every patch.
Ive said it before and Ill say it again Healers GOT NERED due to the MASSIVE expertise boost 1.2 for damage out put It was IN FACT balanced pre 1.2 all expertise boosts was the same but because a % of the community could not kill the healers they all complained there fore healers GOT NERFED (because the DPS expertise BOOST) look at how the expertise "BALANCE" is not there! 23%damage 18%reduction 13%heals how fair for the equal gear sets LMFAO!!

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
11.05.2012 , 03:14 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Thexremstar View Post
Ive said it before and Ill say it again Healers GOT NERED due to the MASSIVE expertise boost 1.2 for damage out put It was IN FACT balanced pre 1.2 all expertise boosts was the same but because a % of the community could not kill the healers they all complained there fore healers GOT NERFED (because the DPS expertise BOOST) look at how the expertise "BALANCE" is not there! 23%damage 18%reduction 13%heals how fair for the equal gear sets LMFAO!!
Would you say healing in PvP is in a bad spot right now?

Horing's Avatar


Horing
11.05.2012 , 03:41 PM | #216
****, Sweeet - you have it spot on: "I had quite a few 1v1's versus these guys, and my Sentinel could not do a thing to beat any of them, even specs I know how to beat and beat all the time in normal WZ's. Is was not a matter of skill, just shear damage. I have over 1300 Expertise and these guys were cutting through me like butter and there was not a thing I could do about it, even with my uber defensive cooldowns. I was being taken down with shear brute force alone". You stupid *********** designers!! :" Is was not a matter of skill". " I was being taken down with shear brute force alone". Which *********** part of this is hard to grasp?! Tank vs DPS: 1. Tank has more defense aka takes less damage. 2. DPS has less defense aka takes more damage. 3. Tank does less overall damage, but more damage gets past defense of DPS. 4. DPS does more overall damage, but less damage gets pass defense of tank! ****, no! There is not stand-off with skill deciding the outcome!! It's a *********** whitewash for DPS!! *** is broken with this game? Nothing! Asolutely *********** nothing!!

Sweeet's Avatar


Sweeet
11.05.2012 , 03:56 PM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by Horing View Post
****, Sweeet - you have it spot on: "I had quite a few 1v1's versus these guys, and my Sentinel could not do a thing to beat any of them, even specs I know how to beat and beat all the time in normal WZ's. Is was not a matter of skill, just shear damage. I have over 1300 Expertise and these guys were cutting through me like butter and there was not a thing I could do about it, even with my uber defensive cooldowns. I was being taken down with shear brute force alone". You stupid *********** designers!! :" Is was not a matter of skill". " I was being taken down with shear brute force alone". Which *********** part of this is hard to grasp?! Tank vs DPS: 1. Tank has more defense aka takes less damage. 2. DPS has less defense aka takes more damage. 3. Tank does less overall damage, but more damage gets past defense of DPS. 4. DPS does more overall damage, but less damage gets pass defense of tank! ****, no! There is not stand-off with skill deciding the outcome!! It's a *********** whitewash for DPS!! *** is broken with this game? Nothing! Asolutely *********** nothing!!
Wow, I honestly can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not! I'm impressed! But thanks for pointing out my grammar mistake, I have now updated my original post to say "It was not a matter of skill"

Horing's Avatar


Horing
11.05.2012 , 04:01 PM | #218
Forgive my tone, but right now I am not very impressed with this game. What you have said cannot penetrate the minds of the Thick Skulled - yes those PvPers who think being in a PvP guild fixes all the bugs in a game, or that having a healer behind you is the be all and end all of PvP. Their gravest fear is having their thick skullls smashed open in a 1-on-1 PvP loss. The HORROR! Frankly, they make out about 95% of the tossers who programmed this piece of crap. That is why change is not inevitable.

Sweeet's Avatar


Sweeet
11.05.2012 , 04:07 PM | #219
No its fine Horing. I was hoping that you weren't being sarcastic, I've had enough thick skulled individuals that only seem to be able to think about themselves to last me a life time.

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
11.05.2012 , 04:09 PM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by Horing View Post
Forgive my tone, but right now I am not very impressed with this game. What you have said cannot penetrate the minds of the Thick Skulled - yes those PvPers who think being in a PvP guild fixes all the bugs in a game, or that having a healer behind you is the be all and end all of PvP. Their gravest fear is having their thick skullls smashed open in a 1-on-1 PvP loss. The HORROR! Frankly, they make out about 95% of the tossers who programmed this piece of crap. That is why change is not inevitable.
Weren't you just in another thread talking about how you were going to quit because your 49 twinked out PT lost 1v1 to a 42 sin? Sounds like you're talking about yourself bud...
I have opinions and stuff