Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'll Try Again, Hi Guys, I'm New!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
I'll Try Again, Hi Guys, I'm New!

Deconstructer
10.31.2012 , 04:02 PM | #11
Alright I think I will go with IA. How soon am I going to have to start thinking about advanced classes, and any thoughts to preferences with an IA, or is it just taste and playstyle?

chuixupu
10.31.2012 , 04:07 PM | #12
If you like stealthing around like a rogue, being melee, or healing, go Operative.
If you like being ranged, go sniper.

If you're considering doing end game raid content, you'd have an easier time getting a spot as a sniper rather than an operative dps, though healers are always in short supply.

I thought snipers were overall more fun than operative. The cover mechanic is a little hard to get used to at first.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Tim-ONeil
10.31.2012 , 04:21 PM | #13
Sith warrior is the epitome of a dark force user in Star Wars. It has all the elements you'd want and a really interesting narrative. Because of that it is my favorite. The other stories like agent are nice but not specific to the Star Wars lore.
Jainā Tīm Korben Leeloo
Thana Maleficent Thrawn Dr. Horrible
The Dallas Legacy Server: Jedi Covenent US/EAST

Andryah
10.31.2012 , 04:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
IA is the best story by far. Inquistor is a "cartoon villian story" with very poor writing. If you want to be imperial with a sabre, your best bet is Sith Warrior.
I'm gonna agree with Urael on this.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Arkerus
10.31.2012 , 04:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I'm gonna agree with Urael on this.
Same. I have a lower level sith warrior but the story line is really interesting.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Andryah
10.31.2012 , 04:25 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Deconstructer View Post
Alright I think I will go with IA. How soon am I going to have to start thinking about advanced classes, and any thoughts to preferences with an IA, or is it just taste and playstyle?
Maybe experiment with a couple different classes before settling on one for the journey. It only takes a couple hours to get a character to level 10 (where you choose an advanced class).

While I really enjoy the Agent story line... dual wielding light sabers as a Sith was just too good to pass up for me personally, so I saved agent for later.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Athena-Nike
10.31.2012 , 04:27 PM | #17
Agent for Empire Jedi Knight for Republic

Nemmar
10.31.2012 , 04:27 PM | #18
All of them are good, if you enjoy Star wars and getting imersed in your character. Choose the class you think you will enjoy playing the most.

As everything, it is possible to hate things if you will yourself to do it. Its a good game, enjoy it, its the most important part. Dont buy into the haters, they dont know what they are talking about.

Darvus
10.31.2012 , 04:30 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Deconstructer View Post
I picked Imperials and am sitting at character creation debating over what class to pick. I want a light saber but my main focus is on the story. Which class has the best story for Imperials in your opinion? I was told that Agent and Inquisitor do, and I'm somewhat leaning towards Inquisitor, but a few people I talked to were adamant that Agent had the best story. Thoughts anyone?
I agree with others, I think that Imperial Agent has one of the best stories in the game.
"The weak deserve their fate..."

Darvus Sinister
Minions of Darkness

Costello
10.31.2012 , 04:40 PM | #20
Sith Warrior is a good story with a few very predictable points.

The Inquisitor is a lot like tomb raiding which most people found very boring but some people like it.

The Agent is a good story but it would be foolish to say its much much better than the others. It has a problem in that by the end eveything has changed.