Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'll Try Again, Hi Guys, I'm New!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
I'll Try Again, Hi Guys, I'm New!

Deconstructer
10.31.2012 , 03:52 PM | #1
I picked Imperials and am sitting at character creation debating over what class to pick. I want a light saber but my main focus is on the story. Which class has the best story for Imperials in your opinion? I was told that Agent and Inquisitor do, and I'm somewhat leaning towards Inquisitor, but a few people I talked to were adamant that Agent had the best story. Thoughts anyone?

Kyari
10.31.2012 , 03:55 PM | #2
Agent is pretty great.

Urael
10.31.2012 , 03:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Deconstructer View Post
I picked Imperials and am sitting at character creation debating over what class to pick. I want a light saber but my main focus is on the story. Which class has the best story for Imperials in your opinion? I was told that Agent and Inquisitor do, and I'm somewhat leaning towards Inquisitor, but a few people I talked to were adamant that Agent had the best story. Thoughts anyone?
IA is the best story by far. Inquistor is a "cartoon villian story" with very poor writing. If you want to be imperial with a sabre, your best bet is Sith Warrior.

TheBBP
10.31.2012 , 03:57 PM | #4
Oh hai thar. Imperials are scum. Re-roll Republic ASAP.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Monoth
10.31.2012 , 03:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Deconstructer View Post
Sith Side: Agent and Sith Warrior were my favorites....

Republic Side: Smuggler and Trooper....
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Deconstructer
10.31.2012 , 03:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Oh hai thar. Imperials are scum. Re-roll Republic ASAP.
Lol. But all my friends played imperial. I'm always a good guy whenever I make a character in an RPG, I wanna be the bad guy for a change

chuixupu
10.31.2012 , 03:59 PM | #7
IA is the best story IMO, but if you want a light saber, it seems that most people talk highly of the Sith Warrior story.

If you want to pick based on combat, it's like this:

Warrior > Marauder, melee dps, /Juggernaut, tank or melee
Inquisitor > Sorcerer, heals or ranged caster, / Assassin, melee dps or tank with stealth ability
Imperial Agent > Operative, melee dps or healer with stealth / Sniper, ranged dps
Bounty Hunter > Mercenary, ranged dps or healer / Powertech, tank or melee dps
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

LrdRahvin
10.31.2012 , 04:00 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
IA is the best story by far. Inquistor is a "cartoon villian story" with very poor writing. If you want to be imperial with a sabre, your best bet is Sith Warrior.
^this

Inq. story is terrible imo (force ghost nonsense had me wincing and rushing to gt it over with so I could level and run next character/story way back when.

IA story is REALLY good imo...(by far the best) ...BH isn't bad...Sith warrior is meh....

Pub-side again the jedi stoires are awful...consular being even worse than jk, though they are both bad...
Smugg. is pretty good and so is trooper.

Just my two-credits....your mileage may vary

orpheus
10.31.2012 , 04:01 PM | #9
+1 for Agent. Think James Bond + Star Wars.

chuixupu
10.31.2012 , 04:02 PM | #10
Opinions are pretty varied, though. One person's trash is another person's treasure.

While most people seem to think the IA story is the best, I've met a few that loathe it. It's not a good story for someone that wants to be a celebrated hero (or villain). It's probably the darkest and most convoluted story.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant