Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP problems that needs to be fixed ASAP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP problems that needs to be fixed ASAP

Vikassi
10.31.2012 , 05:29 PM | #11
I agree PVP is soo broken .. Its completely unbalanced .. a MESS!

Makes a lot of sense to premade against pugs .. or even allow someone with recruit gear into the same match as someone with full war hero ..

so stupid .. people will and have left the game for this reason alone .. i know, ive talked to them in the real world.

Xerain
10.31.2012 , 06:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Vikassi View Post
I agree PVP is soo broken .. Its completely unbalanced .. a MESS!

Makes a lot of sense to premade against pugs .. or even allow someone with recruit gear into the same match as someone with full war hero ..

so stupid .. people will and have left the game for this reason alone .. i know, ive talked to them in the real world.
it was the same exact way in WoW, rift, EVE, Everquest, and any other big MMO other there. You don't just hit max level and expect to be oh top tier gear right away. Endure it, get your gear, move on.

MorgothQuick
10.31.2012 , 08:33 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
it was the same exact way in WoW, rift, EVE, Everquest, and any other big MMO other there. You don't just hit max level and expect to be oh top tier gear right away. Endure it, get your gear, move on.
Except you cant get your gear in the current environment because if your in recruit you'll find it next to impossible to do anything because your dead before you can. You cant compete with recruit gear versus full war hero. Its just not possible.

Brool
10.31.2012 , 08:34 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
I solo queue and feel that everything you've listed
Is a non issue premades are not ruining pvp you are not doomed if you solo You can select in your options to have a class icon above players heads if your having trouble differentiating between tanks and healers cc is irrelevant because every class has some form of it and a cc breaker Pvp isn't hard
my thoughts exactly.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

DarthRaika
10.31.2012 , 09:06 PM | #15
there are certain times of the day most days where one side dominates the other. this is actually the case in pvp in most mmos I have played after the initial period. So some of you will think it isn't a problem, however if you have chars on both sides and pug mostly then you will likely see very fast that premades fighting pugs happens A LOT. Whether you agree that this is a problem or not is a different issue but you are just ignorant if you don't realize that very very often undergeared pugs fight optimized premades.

SajPl
10.31.2012 , 10:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
- You do something about the heals. The heals are just crazy in this game. It needs longer CDs or channeling. Or that the healers are easier to kill. Today we got healers that are guarded by some tank and its almost impossible to locate who is the guardian in the pvp mess. And its even harder to kill the healer since they heal insane amounts and the whole process of finding the guardian and kill him and then kill the healer is just boring and not challenging. You want to focus on the fight and not keeping hammering one guy that never dies or trying to kill a tank who gets insane heals all the time.
L2P. I'm sorry I really am, but even if I cant kill a guarded healer I can shut him down, class does not matter, End of story.

Sure some things could use tweaking like the instand heals the operatives/scoundrels have should cost a small amount of resource but overall heals are fine.

TridusSWTOR
10.31.2012 , 10:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
Yeah. And now you have puggers, who stop queuing because getting stomped ain't fun. So that also makes the queues longer.

BW clearly needs to address the issue. Because come F2P, no curious newbie will stay for PVP if their first experience is getting stomped by a premade.
It's funny how people don't understand this simple truth.

Oh well, you'll still get people that refuse to believe options are a good thing in a online game. If it ain't fun, people aren't going to do it again. It's not a job, it's a game.

Xerain
11.01.2012 , 12:54 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothQuick View Post
Except you cant get your gear in the current environment because if your in recruit you'll find it next to impossible to do anything because your dead before you can. You cant compete with recruit gear versus full war hero. Its just not possible.
You can't compete with a fresh max level anything iwth a full geared person in any of the games i listed either so stop crying.

Brool
11.01.2012 , 12:56 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothQuick View Post
Funny, I got all my battle master gear and war hero gear in this current environment.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

desekraetorr
11.01.2012 , 02:39 AM | #20
They should implement a better match making system, like gauging expertise of players, matching premade-only groups etc....

Being a pure pvp-player Warlord-rank player. I have played tons of PVP. I only did 4 RWZ, I got around 12k kills under my belt, and about 600-700 MVP votes.

I play solo 99% of the time and yes Premades will almost always wipe out puggers.