Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Orange blasters and tech power

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Orange blasters and tech power

SillyDan
10.31.2012 , 08:01 AM | #1
I was going to ask a while ago if different pieces of orange armor with the same level (light/medium/heavy/adaptive) but identical armoring, mods, enchancements, and augments ended up with the same stats -- but, looking at earlier threads, it appears they do. Not only that, but they'll have the same stats as purple upgradable items if you put in enough purple mods. Which is nice -- my Sith Warrior can choose her hats based primarily on how they look now.

Does the same apply for ranged weapons, though? Or do different models have inherently different tech power? None of the mods I add to a ranged weapon have bonuses to tech power explicitly listed.

ScarletBlaze
10.31.2012 , 08:07 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by SillyDan View Post
I was going to ask a while ago if different pieces of orange armor with the same level (light/medium/heavy/adaptive) but identical armoring, mods, enchancements, and augments ended up with the same stats -- but, looking at earlier threads, it appears they do. Not only that, but they'll have the same stats as purple upgradable items if you put in enough purple mods. Which is nice -- my Sith Warrior can choose her hats based primarily on how they look now.

Does the same apply for ranged weapons, though? Or do different models have inherently different tech power? None of the mods I add to a ranged weapon have bonuses to tech power explicitly listed.

I can't answer for range weapons since I just have my shadow but when I upgrade the mods on my light saber it also upgrandes the force power on it though it doesn't say force power on the mods when I add them.

Hope this helps a little.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Elear
10.31.2012 , 08:20 AM | #3
All orange shells have identical stats within it's type. So all orange/purple blaster pistols will have exactly same stats if filled with same mods.
Only differences that exists are difference between different weapon types in base damage(sniper rifles have bigger average damage than blasters, blaster pistols/rifles have different min/max damae with same average), and one where shiled generators give less tech/force power than all other offhands with same mods.

Tech power depends only on barrel/armoring slot, so level of those mods directly translated to tech power.

Oggthebase
10.31.2012 , 10:08 AM | #4
what Elear wrote exactly:

- only the hilt (Force user) and barrel (non Force user) determine the damage range and force/tech power bonus of the weapon
- only the armoring determines the armor value of a piece of equipement (for a given armor type).

The other mods, enhancement and augments only add stats.

Up to rakata / battlemaster, the shell contains the set bonus.
From campaign/ war hero, the armoring is the set bonus, and therefore the shells become only cosmetic.

Eternalnight
10.31.2012 , 10:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
but when I upgrade the mods on my light saber it also upgrandes the force power on it though it doesn't say force power on the mods when I add them.
No.

Mod does not affect the force power/techpower at all.

Even if by "mods" you mean not just the mod that is called the mod but all item modifications then saying "mods" (plural) is still not the answer.

Only the hilt affects force power and only the barrel affects tech power. The mod, enhancement and color crystal do not.

Quote:
though it doesn't say force power on the mods when I add them.
It does not say on the mods since they have nothing to do with it.

It does however say "power rating" on the barrels and hilts although you can't directly see from this how much actual force power/techpower it turns into before you place inside a weapon (other than that if the rating is higher than your current one the actual force/tech power will be too)

SillyDan
10.31.2012 , 09:06 PM | #6
Well, that explains that. Thanks, everyone! My toons will be modding smarter now!