Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for best snipers

Nellsterzzz
10.31.2012 , 01:20 AM | #1
Looking for some insight on my sniper. Currently sitting at 2300 cunning (stim's), 1050 bonus dmg, 109.79 accuracy, 34.49crit, and 37.77 surge. Lethality spec. I'm looking at upping my dps. I know how to play my class and I'm pretty confident in my rotation, but accoriding to mox im only pushing 1600 for a 10 minute period. I dont have energy problems for the most part, but Ive played with some other lethality snipers pushing 1800+ sustained. If any other snipers that know what theyre talking about give some tips or suggestions feel free to reply down below, or take a look at me in game. Much appreciated~~~~ Zykra Imperial Sniper

Synavix
10.31.2012 , 08:53 AM | #2
I'm going to guess that your listed stats are fully buffed, and that you're listing your ranged special accuracy, not your basic. Assuming you're using either this or this, you'll want to drop some power for more crit. Either to around 40% for a pure Leth build or a bit higher for a Leth/Eng hybrid, closer to maybe 42-43%.

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd assume the missing DPS that you're seeing is that you're not getting enough energy regen from Lethal Purpose as you should (which is fixed by increasing your crit like I said above), which means you're not getting in a maximum filler rotation. You're probably fine with your DoT -> Cull rotations, or else your DPS would be noticeably worse.

Another thing that you did not mention was which set bonuses you are using. While there is nothing "wrong" with our PvE bonuses, they're a little subpar in a straight-up DPS parse. Although the PvE 4-set piece bonus is situationally better, most Snipers will go with both 2-piece PvE and 2-piece PvP bonuses by putting their PvE mods with "clean" skill armorings (ones not tied to a set bonus) into 2 pieces of Battlemaster gear. Depending on your spec, the extra tick of Orbital Strike will increase your DPS as much as 50-100 DPS single target, if used right. On AoE heavy fights this is even more important, both for more DPS and more utility (the longer the AoE lasts, the less accurate you have to be with timing your casts for things like Karagga adds).

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that Lethality will under-perform on an Ops dummy compared to a live fight, because we miss out on both Takedown and Devouring Microbes at sub 30%. This isn't a big deal when comparing to another Leth sniper on the same dummy, but just something to be aware of when making comparisons to other things.

If none of this helps enough, let me know and I'll be glad to hit you up in-game to compare rotations or boss-specific strats if you want to increase your DPS even more.

GScheff
10.31.2012 , 10:27 AM | #3
this guy is probably top 3 sniper on server so he knows what he's talking about.

Destroys my MM dps on a daily basis :-(