Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darkness vs. Deception

PlagaNerezza
11.08.2012 , 06:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Gobila View Post
First of all, sry for making 1 billionth thread about choosing the skill tree but this seems to be the best place to ask for advice.

So I made now a Sith Assassin and I am enjoying every second of playing it. I wanted to have sort of advice about Darkness and Deception.

I have been scrolling google finds and vids and yadayada about Darkness and Deception builds. I am atm a Deception lil' lvl 23 sinnie and I love PvP even though I am a total noob in it. I enjoy hiding in shadows and mauling my prey before getting teamed up and force cloaking and running away to lick my wounds. I like being a Deception Assassin but I am waaayyy too squishy IMO.

I've been reading controversial reviews of both Deception and Darkness builds. The thing I worry about in Deception is my squishiness and the Darkness is if I am viable. I've read that Darkness loses in DPS to Maras and Powertechs and I kinda want my Assassin to be on top in DPS. Does it actually matter if my DPS is highest if I can just force cloak, blackout and sprint away?

I'd like to know if Darkness is viable or not since it seems to be the right for me at this moment.

And a bit off-topic: Is there going to be by any chance a possibility to change ur character's looks and especially body size in the future? I am a body type 2 since I thought it would suit me best but a tank simply has to be body type 3 duh haha.
Darkness is very viable for PvP and PvE. Both are excellent options in all end game activities.

Deception can keep pace with marauders DPS. Good players make the difference at the end of the day. I would say the difference is their but you'll be highly competitive with an assassin.

Darkness is a great hybrid/dps build with a ton of utility for a pvp group.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄