Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How to kill a Hybrid bubblestun Sage/Sorc?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How to kill a Hybrid bubblestun Sage/Sorc?

Sulfuren's Avatar


Sulfuren
11.01.2012 , 09:28 AM | #131
Quote:
Guys, stop arguing in favor of the Bubble-Stun.
According to the Rock-Paper-Scissors argument Sorc/Sages are supposed to be free kills for melee-DPS, this obviously gets in the way of that.
Just because you, and every other blind yes man in this topic doesn't want to read the posts that gives the -REAL- issue with the bubble stun doesn't mean any of you can just assume why the OP made this topic.

Here, I'll use big words.

WE DON'T CARE IF THE SORC/SAGE HAS IT, TAKE IT OFF THE OTHER NONSORC/SAGES IN THE GROUP.

Quote:
Bubble-Stun is a powerful team tool, but not necessarily a broken mechanic.
...

Quote:
]Its utility is somewhat overpowered when spread throughout an entire team, however I would contend that considering Sorcs have been diminished to a primarily support role in PVP it fits our new niche.
No. It doesn't.

Giving free players a clickable free stun that they can use even when themselves are -stunned- is unbalanced.

A mechanic that can be used by CLICKING OFF THE BUFF is unbalanced automatically, add to that the bubble on other players can be activated blindly and without any thought. *Hint: AoE/cones from other players.*

Answer me this question.

Why does the whole team need this stunbubble when there is -NO- possible way for the other team to smartly take it off the entire team, and punish people that are trying to actually play PvP to win?

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
11.01.2012 , 09:47 AM | #132
There is only one true solution:

Nerf operatives!
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Hairyzac's Avatar


Hairyzac
11.01.2012 , 10:10 AM | #133
Just make it so the bubble will only blind if it is broken. Clicking it off should just remove it from the player and not actually blind anyone since the bubble never burst.

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
11.01.2012 , 10:37 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
You are giving facts that are not true. For example, a sage can't cc you with 4 bubbles in a row as there is a lockout duration (max is 2). But what's your point? The other team is good but yours not? Although I said that bubble stun on teamates is an overkill, here you are talking that it affects you when you attack the original caster? Bacause That you cannot smash/smash/throw all the time? In the scenario you are describing stun bubble has never been your problem as you should know that 3/4 melee dps have aoe mezzes or stuns? L2P.
1. No he can't CC with 4 in a row, but there are 7 other players with the bub. Learn to think.
2. Yeah other classes have AoE...But can they cast them while they are stunned? (NO)
3. Our team is fine, we played ranked and got owned a few times buy this set up. We are friends with the other team and they let us in on the tactics of having 2 sages with this build. And we are now running with it to counter it and it's devastating. And both teams agree it's broken as is PERIOD.

Instead of telling me L2P, you should learn to understand that there is always someone better than you and dismissing anyone that challenges you with a L2P is stupid and a very poor attempt to troll.....

Stop wasting your time with theory crafting.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

MusicRider's Avatar


MusicRider
11.01.2012 , 11:14 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
1. No he can't CC with 4 in a row, but there are 7 other players with the bub. Learn to think.
2. Yeah other classes have AoE...But can they cast them while they are stunned? (NO)
3. Our team is fine, we played ranked and got owned a few times buy this set up. We are friends with the other team and they let us in on the tactics of having 2 sages with this build. And we are now running with it to counter it and it's devastating. And both teams agree it's broken as is PERIOD.

Instead of telling me L2P, you should learn to understand that there is always someone better than you and dismissing anyone that challenges you with a L2P is stupid and a very poor attempt to troll.....

Stop wasting your time with theory crafting.
*yawn*

Sulfuren's Avatar


Sulfuren
11.01.2012 , 01:00 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by JahDux View Post
Pop the shield OOR. its 5 or 7m...if ure a sin pop a discharge from range, if youre a mara, deadly throw...etc.
And with the rest of the team with bubbles?

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
11.01.2012 , 01:12 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
*yawn*
Thought so
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
11.01.2012 , 01:17 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Sulfuren View Post
Just because you, and every other blind yes man in this topic doesn't want to read the posts that gives the -REAL- issue with the bubble stun doesn't mean any of you can just assume why the OP made this topic.

Here, I'll use big words.

WE DON'T CARE IF THE SORC/SAGE HAS IT, TAKE IT OFF THE OTHER NONSORC/SAGES IN THE GROUP.



...



No. It doesn't.

Giving free players a clickable free stun that they can use even when themselves are -stunned- is unbalanced.

A mechanic that can be used by CLICKING OFF THE BUFF is unbalanced automatically, add to that the bubble on other players can be activated blindly and without any thought. *Hint: AoE/cones from other players.*

Answer me this question.

Why does the whole team need this stunbubble when there is -NO- possible way for the other team to smartly take it off the entire team, and punish people that are trying to actually play PvP to win?
Yeah, I don't know about this. The bubble blind sorc's about the only thing that's stopping 6-man derpsmasher teams from running more rampant than they already are.

AsiriusNazriel's Avatar


AsiriusNazriel
11.01.2012 , 01:35 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Yeah, I don't know about this. The bubble blind sorc's about the only thing that's stopping 6-man derpsmasher teams from running more rampant than they already are.
Bubble stunning Sorcs are not a solution for an overly aggressive Rage tree.

- First it was the 8-man healing teams
- Then it was the 8-man stunlocking stabby stabby teams
- These were followed by 8-man PT/Vanguard teams
- After all was said and done we had 8-man Sent/Mara teams
- But let's not forget the last ones, the 8-man Focus/Rage herpaderp teams

OMG! Lord have mercy. I mean bejezuz. These crazy 8-man single class teams from hell. Lordy Lord, what are we ever gonna do?
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

Sulfuren's Avatar


Sulfuren
11.01.2012 , 01:47 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Yeah, I don't know about this. The bubble blind sorc's about the only thing that's stopping 6-man derpsmasher teams from running more rampant than they already are.
Because in all my time PvPing in the 50 bracket I have seen -so- many of these full smash teams.

Oh wait, I -haven't-.

I'll go even has far and say these "teams" you speak of make up atleast 1% of the match's in the game period.

So, no.