Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

funkiestj
11.02.2012 , 02:52 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Oddly enough, the only time I've tried to use /stuck in a WZ was because of the CC bug where you really did get stuck on your back helplessly waving your legs and hands. Funny thing is it didn't even work. heh
QFMFT! I had the same a while back. I think force push was bugged to perma-root (but not stun) and /stuck did nothing for me.

There are various WZ modifications to /stuck that could be implemented to make it less attractive as an exploit. E.g. <n> second delay between typing /stuck and getting respawned. With the proper size <n> players would never /stuck except when they are really stuck. I'm sure you can think of others.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Kegparty
11.03.2012 , 12:51 PM | #72
Same 1 time

Kegparty
11.03.2012 , 02:08 PM | #73
Over 3k views and dev says nothing... You think they hate PVP? Bleh

Kegparty
11.04.2012 , 11:16 AM | #74
Yup its official. They ignore pvp boards

Hambunctious
11.04.2012 , 12:25 PM | #75
Funny thing, but I did get stuck on a leap yesterday. The synching was off, as usual, and I made a leap to a person I saw running to a open door in voidstar. Evidently, they were around the corner already, and I got stuck inside a wall. /stuck didn't work to free me either.

Kegparty
11.05.2012 , 08:12 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
Funny thing, but I did get stuck on a leap yesterday. The synching was off, as usual, and I made a leap to a person I saw running to a open door in voidstar. Evidently, they were around the corner already, and I got stuck inside a wall. /stuck didn't work to free me either.

The leap seems to be causing most of the stuck scenarios. Anyone else get stuck regularly?

Rigsta
11.05.2012 , 08:26 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Kegparty View Post
Just curious how the community felt. Personally I think you have to do it now to be competitive because everyone does it.
No I haven't read all umpteen pages.

And the answer is: If you're not stuck, /stuck is cheating.

Hairyzac
11.05.2012 , 09:12 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
I don't see how it possibly didn't work for you. When you /stuck you die and all you have to do is release to the spawn.

GalnarDegana
11.05.2012 , 10:49 AM | #79
I have been stuck two separate times in a WZ. One was when I was stunned by an Operative on an incline, and I couldn't move or cast or anything. /stuck did not work for me.

The other time, I was running off a ledge with my Commando, and I "got caught" in the air, falling. I could use Hammer Shot, but not any skills with an activation time. /stuck did work on this. Because of the fact that I couldn't use induction skills (as I was technically moving), I would recommend the /stuck command kill you with a long timer to respawn, versus a long cast time on it. Sometimes you can't cast anything with an induction.

DarthBloodloss
11.05.2012 , 01:56 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
I don't see how it possibly didn't work for you. When you /stuck you die and all you have to do is release to the spawn.
Sometimes it doesn't work. I got stuck in a wall in voidstar after someone used a KB on me. It was inside the tunnels after a door was opened.

I couldnt /stuck or die or respawn but there was only a minute left in the game so I just hung out in the wall
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS