Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

Invictusthetaru
10.30.2012 , 07:29 PM | #31
Of course it's cheating / an exploit. Biggest issue are voidstar / novare and civil.

Voidstar, they get door 1 and are not killing anyone, pop trans, juggs slow, rest stun.

/stuck, no problem.

Novare - 3 commit to a node, while 4 wait. more reinforcements come than necessary, 3 are just stunning / slowing, 4 take other node. No problem, /stuck.

same in civil. with /stuck all you have to do is get 2 nodes and wait for callouts. Kills good team play / strategy.
Ladle- 65 Sentinel
Ladled- 65 Commando
Spinalcheck- 65 Scoundrel
Tongs-65 Gunslinger

Arkerus
10.30.2012 , 11:00 PM | #32
The big problem with removing /stuck is that when the client and server are out of sync, you have to use /stuck to fix it.

If they created a new command like "/sync" then you could remove "/stuck" completely.

I get the client and server out of sync problem at least a couple times a month so I have to use /stuck to fix it.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Kegparty
10.31.2012 , 12:29 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
The big problem with removing /stuck is that when the client and server are out of sync, you have to use /stuck to fix it.
Ctrl+U 2x

Devilk
10.31.2012 , 12:38 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by LilTsar View Post
pfft nah. use it all the time. if its an exploit, where do you draw the line? standing in a fire pit? doing nothing to escape people? usually i use it after scoring if im not sure the situation at mid, or after causing a diversion at a side node, we pick up a second ill just drop dead to reinforce. the most 'exploitative' one would be getting across the voidstar bridge, but i still think thats just an option we should have, it means youre not going to help on the bridge doors, so it's a regrettable, but sometimes necessary action. the only times ive done that are in bad pugs, and when i have frankly i think i should be commended for not just leaving.
Are you kidding here? You don't think being able to instantly reinforce another node in a Civil War is exploiting? Unfair? How is it fair to the other team who has to run on foot there, while you can /stuck and then take the speeder down to nearly instantly reinforce it. You think it's just an option you should have? If you put yourself in a situation where you cannot help your team I.E the bridge is down and you are still chilling in the first room, that is no one's fault but your own. You either A) Don't want to lose your unfair advantage because your team/you cannot compete without using it, or B) Are plain stupid.

mtsr
10.31.2012 , 01:38 AM | #35
what? hmm takes note* must be gimping myself in wz because I am late to the party it seems.
From the KOTORS *8 years exp in mmo's

Chlomamf
10.31.2012 , 05:18 AM | #36
It's an in-game tool, if Bioware didn't specifically remove it's use in WZs then we have all rights to use it as we see fit. This isn't cheating or breaking the rules or anything, Bioware lets us use it in WZs, therefor we can use it in WZs. Simple.

I know, I know, seems mean and unfair but hey, gotta take every advantage you can get.

EDIT: And before people start saying to me "idiot, you're one of those people who use it all the time and making it unfair on the enemy team", first of I have never used it before once in a WZ, and second the other team can just use it too right? Not my fault they haven't realised they can use /stuck in WZs to make it easier for them.

Because trust me, if everyone did know about this tactic we'd see it bieng used a hell-of-alot more.

Glower
10.31.2012 , 07:13 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
Because trust me, if everyone did know about this tactic we'd see it bieng used a hell-of-alot more.
But its fken wrong! However Boware as always just don't care...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Joesixxpack
10.31.2012 , 07:19 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
It's an in-game tool, if Bioware didn't specifically remove it's use in WZs then we have all rights to use it as we see fit. This isn't cheating or breaking the rules or anything, Bioware lets us use it in WZs, therefor we can use it in WZs. Simple.

I know, I know, seems mean and unfair but hey, gotta take every advantage you can get.

EDIT: And before people start saying to me "idiot, you're one of those people who use it all the time and making it unfair on the enemy team", first of I have never used it before once in a WZ, and second the other team can just use it too right? Not my fault they haven't realised they can use /stuck in WZs to make it easier for them.

This doesn't pass the laugh test. Getting stuck can happen in WZs, hence why it's available. Any other use
is chinzy exploiting.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

Arkerus
10.31.2012 , 07:24 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Kegparty View Post
Ctrl+U 2x
Thanks. I didn't know control+U worked for that as well.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

BoDiE
10.31.2012 , 07:40 AM | #40
Not cheating and I will be using it hell of a lot. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.