Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

denpic
10.30.2012 , 04:55 PM | #21
what does /stuck do in pvp if never had to use it in pvp
If it ports you to a different area of the map then its a exploit/cheat

LilTsar
10.30.2012 , 04:56 PM | #22
pfft nah. use it all the time. if its an exploit, where do you draw the line? standing in a fire pit? doing nothing to escape people? usually i use it after scoring if im not sure the situation at mid, or after causing a diversion at a side node, we pick up a second ill just drop dead to reinforce. the most 'exploitative' one would be getting across the voidstar bridge, but i still think thats just an option we should have, it means youre not going to help on the bridge doors, so it's a regrettable, but sometimes necessary action. the only times ive done that are in bad pugs, and when i have frankly i think i should be commended for not just leaving.
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

DarthOvertone
10.30.2012 , 05:01 PM | #23
Oddly enough, the only time I've tried to use /stuck in a WZ was because of the CC bug where you really did get stuck on your back helplessly waving your legs and hands. Funny thing is it didn't even work. heh
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

UberDuberSoldat
10.30.2012 , 05:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LilTsar View Post
pfft nah. use it all the time. if its an exploit, where do you draw the line? standing in a fire pit? doing nothing to escape people? usually i use it after scoring if im not sure the situation at mid, or after causing a diversion at a side node, we pick up a second ill just drop dead to reinforce. the most 'exploitative' one would be getting across the voidstar bridge, but i still think thats just an option we should have, it means youre not going to help on the bridge doors, so it's a regrettable, but sometimes necessary action. the only times ive done that are in bad pugs, and when i have frankly i think i should be commended for not just leaving.
your opinion is one of an ignoramus.

How is jumping in the fire the same?

Fire, acid or bottomless pits were designed to kill you.
/stuck was designed to get you unstuck because the game glitches.

Jumping in the fire to repsawn is a valid tactic. Using /stuck is not.

/stuck is not your own personal suicide button. If the devs wanted a suicide button, they would have designed one.

Warzones were designed with fire, acid and bottomless pits in mind, not with the entire team using /stuck to their advantage. The simple fact is /stuck breaks the balance in Warzones, and convincing yourself it's not a cheat shows how shallow you are.

Glower
10.30.2012 , 05:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
what does /stuck do in pvp if never had to use it in pvp
If it ports you to a different area of the map then its a exploit/cheat
Its just kills you and port to respawn. But if that doesn't cheat:

Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
First of all, /stuck is on a timer. I think it's 120 seconds before it can be used again.

And it can be utilized in all sorts of ways:
1. Switching sides in Alderaan
2. Switching sides when attacking in voidstar without being obvious, first room only though
3. Jumping ahead as attack or defense in voidstar
4. Respawn with full health, as was mentioned
5. Crossing the map to defend in huttball

Some of these can simply be done with map mechanics, though, like falling into the reactor core pit or standing in fire.
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
using /stuck in regular WZ shouldn't be penalized. People are learning to play there.

But if you want to fix /stuck abuse this should apply to RANKED WARZONES ONLY....

0) Using /stuck immediately after a player death should not be penalized for 15 seconds

1) It should broadcast to the entire zone (including enemy faction) when a player uses /stuck...

2) swtor dev team needs to implement server side data gathering whenever /stuck occurs. Including combat logs for 1 minute before and after /stuck is used by any player.

3) If a player uses /stuck, and the enemy faction files a complaint about it (since they can see when it is done), and the devs can see with the combat logs that it was being abused, then any rating gained from that match should be removed and the player gets a week ban

4) Long term trends of players using /stuck in a RWZ should automatically get banned for a week. It's understandable to use /stuck every 10 games because of bugs. It's not OK to use it every single game and multiple times at that.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Antipodes
10.30.2012 , 05:58 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
your opinion is one of an ignoramus.

How is jumping in the fire the same?

Fire, acid or bottomless pits were designed to kill you.
/stuck was designed to get you unstuck because the game glitches.

Jumping in the fire to repsawn is a valid tactic. Using /stuck is not.

/stuck is not your own personal suicide button. If the devs wanted a suicide button, they would have designed one.

Warzones were designed with fire, acid and bottomless pits in mind, not with the entire team using /stuck to their advantage. The simple fact is /stuck breaks the balance in Warzones, and convincing yourself it's not a cheat shows how shallow you are.
Honest question: don't you use /stuck? I remember RWZ last week where you used it in Huttball to get back to defense faster. The death announcement showed "death by kill target" and my teammate saw it too.

beattlebilly
10.30.2012 , 06:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kegparty View Post
I keep trying to think of a time that I got stuck in a warzone... its been soon long. They should just disable to /stuck command and just let the auto stuck work its magic. I feel like we all should be training in using it in a group
I got stuck on a piece of rebar sticking out of the new fence in Voidstar. Because the game did it's auto-unstuck, but stuck me back on the damn piece of rebar, I couldn't use /stuck for 2 mins LOL And no one on the enemy team came over to kill me, so I'm just hanging there waving my arms around like an idiot

But yea, to the OP, /stuck shouldn't be usable unless you really are stuck
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

Veniras
10.30.2012 , 06:19 PM | #28
Yeah, I consider it cheating.

But if you wanna feel proud of winning by cheating be my guest.

niiall
10.30.2012 , 06:27 PM | #29
i dont think it works in civil war anymore or maybe it was jsut bugged for me
Blaidez <Strike Team> GM - Master Dar' nala server

UberDuberSoldat
10.30.2012 , 06:53 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
Honest question: don't you use /stuck? I remember RWZ last week where you used it in Huttball to get back to defense faster. The death announcement showed "death by kill target" and my teammate saw it too.
I haven't ever exploited it, as any of my teammates will tell you. Unfortunately the game is not without bugs. Warriors and Knights have a bug with force charge/intercede. where you cannot move beyond a certain radius after leaping to a target, or just getting stuck under the ground or in objects which were in the immediate vicinity of your leap target. Beyond that I don't remember the specific instance you mention in huttball. I had to use it last night in a Novare coast RWZ match too cause I got stuck inside the base of the turret at middle after a force charge. It's so annoying