Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

TalonKorr
01.16.2013 , 10:45 PM | #161
It's cheating, end of story. Anyone familiar with competitive PvP is aware of Guardian bottleknecking in Voidstar. First door pops, your sprinters run ahead to drop bridges and plant bombs, meanwhile your tank guardian gets ahead of the entire enemy team and spams freezing force and all manners of CC to prevent anyone from interrupting with plants and so forth. In a ranked match not long ago, the opposing team, all of them, /stuck'd to get out from under this. They still lost, which is even more embarrassing.

It's flat out cheating.
Adrams - Feesh / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - PT/Merc
Retired: Flak/Cates/Grisha/Scuf/Michaleen

Chloe
01.16.2013 , 11:33 PM | #162
Obviously, if you're stuck in a wall, /stuck is fine.

If you want to get a perfect door in Voidstar defense, you're cheating. If you want to get to your off node quickly in Civil War, you're cheating. So basically, everyone and their family is a cheater.

But really, it's Bioware's fault. Build in a legit exploit in your game and expect people not to use it?

foxmob
01.17.2013 , 12:48 PM | #163
It's never cheating. It's not even an exploit, imo (ala capping from "inside the bunker wall" in NC). It's using standard game mechanics to the best of your ability. and if you're going to call this cheating (rather than cheap), I suggest you never combat stealth and then OOCH during a duel. yeah. same *****: part of the game mechanics, just like the mara popping his own stun bubble that a bubble sorc put on him. crap? sure. cheating? no. blame BW.

In any case, thought I'd share a little anecdotal story involving /stuck that I had a couple days ago in vstar: I was chasing down a defender across the bridge on my PT and thought I'd jump off and harpoon the guy. Well the second I jumped over open air, something went wrong, my character's color changed and his animation froze in place. I couldn't even get the harpoon off. 1 or 2 seconds later, I'm standing at the bottom of the bridges, jumping through (weird) the bridge pillars. I type /stuck. nothing happens. I suppose I could just leave the WZ, but instead, I take the time to write a ticket and complain that disabling /stuck to combat abuse has just screwed over ppl who actually need it and defeated the purpose of the action. The round ends and I respawn as usual in the first door spawn to defend for round 2.

I login about 5-6 hours later and see there's a response to my ticket. The BW rep says something to the effect of "I'm sorry you had trouble in VS and /stuck did not work. We have not disabled the feature. When I went to find your toon, you were back in fleet (no longer in the WZ - LOL). As a compensation for your trouble and as a way of apology, I've deposited 100 cartel coins to your account. thank you for reporting this issue. have a nice day. blah blah blah.

so I thought that was kind of funny.

I did get stuck in CW trying to jump over an obstacle, and stuck didn't work then either. however, an enemy did (inadvertently?) grapple me free (I was on a VG or Mando that time).

I think you just need to deal with the fact that ppl can /stuck. there's no honor in pvp. I learned that the hard way many months ago. do it or don't do it. whatever. it's as much a part of the game as a dozen other dishonorable things ppl do in pvp. deal with it.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjäck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Deìnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Rynis
01.17.2013 , 12:52 PM | #164
If /stucking changes the outcome of the match then yes it is cheating.
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz

Glower
01.17.2013 , 06:46 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
It's never cheating. It's not even an exploit, imo (ala capping from "inside the bunker wall" in NC). It's using standard game mechanics to the best of your ability. and if you're going to call this cheating (rather than cheap), I suggest you never combat stealth and then OOCH during a duel.
I can not stop you from using this "standard game mechanics", like stealth or even death in firetrap/acid. So, this is cheating or at least abusing.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

DarthBloodloss
01.17.2013 , 07:02 PM | #166
The developers probably feel this should be changed, but cannot afford to divert resources at the moment. If they respond and confirm this to be an official exploit, they would be on the hook to fix it asap, especially since its use would increase due to public knowledge.

So by not saying anything, they can push back the inevitable fix that is coming. Maybe after the expansion?
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

mulzii
01.17.2013 , 07:39 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
The developers probably feel this should be changed, but cannot afford to divert resources at the moment. If they respond and confirm this to be an official exploit, they would be on the hook to fix it asap, especially since its use would increase due to public knowledge.

So by not saying anything, they can push back the inevitable fix that is coming. Maybe after the expansion?
i'd bet they do not want to acknowledge it. If they did, even to say they would fix it, all of a sudden you will have EVERYONE trying it out. Same reason they do not comment on exploit threads...

Glower
04.23.2013 , 09:50 AM | #168
1.5 years and counting... Come On! Bioware fix this cheat!

Also http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=629462
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)

Glower
05.24.2013 , 02:16 PM | #169
Oh, fix this crap before 2.2...

Glower
05.29.2013 , 11:45 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
We are aware of /stuck being an issue especially with this change to stunbreaks and are keeping an eye on the behavior. Right now we are still investigating if a change is needed or not. Please continue to post your feedback on the subject.
1.5+ years and counting..
/facepalm