Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

Kalfear
12.21.2012 , 04:39 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Exploit more than cheating... but yeah... I think it's kinda cheap.

I only hope that people who use it as an exploit, get stuck shortly after and have to wait 2 minutes to use it again.
knowing using a exploit IS CHEATING

Cant beleive I actually saw someone trying to distinguish a difference between the two.
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

shyroman
12.21.2012 , 05:49 PM | #112
The only time I've been stuck is when I leaped to someone in huttball and went over the vent, but it's quicker to just wait for the cool down on leap to finish than to go back to respawn.

AboB
12.21.2012 , 05:54 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by sanchito View Post
on a similar note what do you think of sages / sorcs killing themselves with noble sacrifice? I use it from time to time in Voidstar if we lose the first door and the enemies are rooting / slowing but not killing us, but it always feels kinda dirty...
If the ball goes moves toward my goal line (when my team has failed to score, and the ball is turned over) and I am still in the opposing teams territory, I sometimes kill myself in the fire/acid to quickly get to the defending zone....

It does feel dirty, but it's daaaamn effective

Malkavier
12.22.2012 , 04:46 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
If the ball goes moves toward my goal line (when my team has failed to score, and the ball is turned over) and I am still in the opposing teams territory, I sometimes kill myself in the fire/acid to quickly get to the defending zone....

It does feel dirty, but it's daaaamn effective
There's nothing wrong with your method. What's wrong is abusing something like the /stuck command, which was clearly intended to get you out of things like scenery, and it even says so right in the name. It doesn't say /respawn or /suicide or /quicktravelbacktomygoalline. It says /stuck. Any other use is an exploit, and especially this, since it clearly gives an advantage in PvP.

Also, in the games that I used to administer, when we caught people abusing game mechanics, we not only fixed their loophole, but we did the following:

1) Loaded their characters out of the database
2) Deleted all of their items
3) Deleted all of their special tokens such as gold/credits/commendations/medals, etc
4) Saved their character back to the database
5) Posted the character name publicly in a wall of shame, stickied to the top of every sub-forum of the official game site.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

SneiK
12.22.2012 , 07:18 AM | #115
Your games must be doing great then...

I stand on the side, that without BW making a call on this one, players cannot rely on the other team's 'code of honor'.

It's fair for everyone, when it's allowed for everyone.

It's not 'unfair advantage', when everybody can do it on a 2 minute cooldown.

If/And/Or/Until BioWare prevents or supervises the use of it, that's how it should be.

rawfox
12.22.2012 , 07:25 AM | #116
oh lulz, im such a naab, now i know why people vanish in fight.
i was already wondering, what special tools some classes have haha.

one time over the last year i was stuck in a voidstar door.
that was cool, i exploited it as mutch as i could, nobody could see me and i could attack

so yeah, i would consider it exploiting.
there is a difference between cheat and exploid but im sure we all mean the same

Glower
01.08.2013 , 09:59 AM | #117
Quote:
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
•Using /stuck now kills the player without penalty when used on a Personal Starship.
LOL... How about warzones?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Polebreaker
01.08.2013 , 10:49 AM | #118
That was my first reaction...

I mean... seriously... w.. tf?

Too many exploits happening on the player ship I guess!

Totaltrash
01.08.2013 , 12:07 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
That was my first reaction...

I mean... seriously... w.. tf?

Too many exploits happening on the player ship I guess!
LOL, that's exactly what I thought too.

Just shows us how high PVP really is on their priority list.

DarthBloodloss
01.08.2013 , 01:56 PM | #120
I remember once I was in a liquor store playing Street Fighter 2 in jr high school. Of course I used Ken because hes OP. Anyways, I was shooting fireballs at some kid and he made a big deal and said I was "cheating". Reminds me of this situation.

Its not cheating really. Its a button in the game. Everyone has it, and it does what its supposed to do. Of course you may think its lame, but you are not the rules commissioner.

I happen to think its lame when I get knocked down and gang beat to death before my stun wears off, but I don't call anyone a cheater for knocking me down. Even tho I think its LAME

Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
They probably aren't responding because of this from the Rules of Conduct:

Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

Mentioning exploiting /stuck for PvP in this manner more than likely falls under this
The thing is, how can you consider DEATH to be an unfair advantage? I should always be able to control my toon. Im sure you guys have played a first person shooter with a RESPAWN button. Its common in games today.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS