Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

sanchito
12.21.2012 , 05:28 AM | #101
on a similar note what do you think of sages / sorcs killing themselves with noble sacrifice? I use it from time to time in Voidstar if we lose the first door and the enemies are rooting / slowing but not killing us, but it always feels kinda dirty...

Efir
12.21.2012 , 06:39 AM | #102
I got stuck once on voidstar, on the first door. The door went up, i was stuck where the door was. Unfortunately i was on the side where there were no reds, so i wasn't killed. So no choice really. I did wonder if my team mates could see what I had typed and wondered if they would think i was a scally.

This is the only time Ive had to use it on a war zone.

DarthMaulUK
12.21.2012 , 06:52 AM | #103
If you get stuck in the door in voidstar, typing stuck doesn't respawn you. It didn't when it happened on the final door. I cant understand how this started to happen. In 12 months of playing, never ever have I been stuck, until last week which stemmed from the many knock backs. The game engine probably got so confused and broke down
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Rendolphe
12.21.2012 , 07:40 AM | #104
The solution is simple in WZ and I don't know if it was already mentionned.

/stuck should give you death and a 15 seconds cooldown before spawning in the spawn area.
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer

Knockerz
12.21.2012 , 07:49 AM | #105
I had to use stuck in a pvp warzone yesterday. My character had limited movement similar to when you lose connection except I was able to move around and even run over fires without dying. The problem was I could not move beyond half way point on our side of the map for huttball. Thus, I was forced to use the /stuck command, which didn't kill me. Instead I was moved to my original location before I hit that bug, glitch, or lag spike. I have also used it in voidstar when you get pulled and fall down the shaft. I got stuck there once and used the /stuck command, which did kill me.

BW should just redesign the command where it send you to a previous know location with your current health. Thus, there would be no advantage in using the /stuck command and it will still work as intended for people who are stuck.

BW could also just disable that command in warzones. It's not like you get stuck that often to use it. I been pvping since the game came out and only had to use it twice because I really did get stuck in a warzone.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

ClarkNineCD
12.21.2012 , 11:04 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Oddly enough, the only time I've tried to use /stuck in a WZ was because of the CC bug where you really did get stuck on your back helplessly waving your legs and hands. Funny thing is it didn't even work. heh
THIS ^^^

The only times I've needed and attempted /stuck was when I was actually stuck....AND IT DIDN'T WORK! (the above situation before death and in that same situation once dead in the "safe zone" which turns into a deserter boot).

It is horrible design that is an exploit in my opinion.

pixieish
12.21.2012 , 12:36 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Kegparty View Post
IWhen is the last time you got stuck in pvp???
Three weeks ago. I got stuck somewhere in the middle of the chasm in Voidstar after getting knocked off. It was a tad annoying and no, autostuck did nothing.

I would like to propose that in Warzones, /stuck essentially has a 15 second cast time and you can't do anything during it. If you're actually stuck, you wouldn't really mind just hanging around, and if you're not, well, I'm guessing 15 seconds of having your face beaten in might solve the exploit?

Malkavier
12.21.2012 , 01:27 PM | #108
They probably aren't responding because of this from the Rules of Conduct:

Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

Mentioning exploiting /stuck for PvP in this manner more than likely falls under this
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

DarthBloodloss
12.21.2012 , 01:52 PM | #109
If they want it to be considered an exploit, then they should say so. I don't use it, but I don't see it as a big deal. Dieing is not an unfair advantage. And lots of online multiplayer games have a "Respawn" button....so.....
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

madtycoon
12.21.2012 , 02:26 PM | #110
Its not cheating. Its bad warzone design. Cheating is like hacking and **** like that.