Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armor Progression?

gumbydpl
10.30.2012 , 10:43 AM | #1
Can someone list the progression of armor for PvP and PvE please?

I know for PvP you start with recruit armor.

And for PvE I think you just start with your Lv 49 purple mods.

But I don't know where to go from there.

Infalliable
10.30.2012 , 10:50 AM | #2
Basically:

Quote: Originally Posted by gumbydpl View Post
Can someone list the progression of armor for PvP and PvE please?

I know for PvP you start with recruit armor.
Recruit -> Battlemaster -> War Hero

Quote:
And for PvE I think you just start with your Lv 49 purple mods.
Recruit -> Tionese (nearly the same as recruit) -> Columi -> Rakata -> Black Hole/Campaign

That isn't all the different levels and types, but the ones that are most common.

gumbydpl
10.30.2012 , 11:00 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Infalliable View Post
Basically:

Recruit -> Battlemaster -> War Hero

Recruit -> Tionese (nearly the same as recruit) -> Columi -> Rakata -> Black Hole/Campaign

That isn't all the different levels and types, but the ones that are most common.
And once Dread Guard comes out that is PvE right?

So PvE has 6 sets while PvP only has 3? That seems kind of strange. Does it take a lot longer to get War Hero than Columi (both being 3 sets in)? Or is War Hero and Dread Guard about the same in time played?

Infalliable
10.30.2012 , 11:46 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by gumbydpl View Post
And once Dread Guard comes out that is PvE right?

So PvE has 6 sets while PvP only has 3? That seems kind of strange. Does it take a lot longer to get War Hero than Columi (both being 3 sets in)? Or is War Hero and Dread Guard about the same in time played?
Tionese is frequently skipped as you can go straight to columi from recruit (or just pick up some pieces incidently in your Columi quest). Columi you can get pretty quick if you want via the group finder. Recruit is technically a PVP set, but you get it free as a fresh L50. It's good enough to do the initial hard mode flashpoints and story mode operations so that is why I included it.

I would say that the dread guard/campaign generally requires more skill to get. War hero anyone can get via time played grinding warzones. Other than BH, the higher teir PVE sets require execution of operations content which does require some level of coordination and skill (or a ton of credits to buy the pieces from people who have run the content).

JacksonMo
10.30.2012 , 11:03 PM | #5
There was a new tier of War Hero gear released. I believe it's called Elite War Hero.

DallianWyrd
10.31.2012 , 01:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
There was a new tier of War Hero gear released. I believe it's called Elite War Hero.
Actually on the Live Server, it's only the weapons and the off hand weapons that are Elite War Hero. But you could farm the Off Hand weapon for the mods since their armoring isn't restricted to the slot.
Account created in 2008, Proud CE owner, Link to my Twitter and Twitch.tv
Présentation de la Falcon Squadron
The Kore (DN+TOFN)// Camus (MOTF)// Deikun (TRE) Legacy
Jedi Guardian,Sith Assassin

JacksonMo
10.31.2012 , 05:08 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DallianWyrd View Post
Actually on the Live Server, it's only the weapons and the off hand weapons that are Elite War Hero. But you could farm the Off Hand weapon for the mods since their armoring isn't restricted to the slot.
Ah, good to know. Not a pvper, just heard it talked about from guild members.

Ognajd
11.03.2012 , 11:10 AM | #8
This Rakata gear is the same as we can craft through Synthweaving? Granted it's only two pieces, the waist and wrists iirc, but seems to be nice and purrple.