Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terror from Beyond Hard Mode DPS Requirements - Your thoughts on how much

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Terror from Beyond Hard Mode DPS Requirements - Your thoughts on how much

crazyBE
10.30.2012 , 05:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Hatstandard View Post
This thread is ridiculous. Of course DPS on a dummy is an important check. If a player can't get at least 1700 over 5 minutes it means they don't know their rotation or aren't geared.

In my Ops groups the mercs are both around 1800, the sniper and mara are both over 2000 in 5 minute checks.
Dummy rotation means nothing in an actual fight.
Sure I get >1750 DPS on the dummy on my commando but that is by standing still and perfect ammo management.

Ops require moving, burst phases and more. Your standing still DPS numbers and rotation mean nothing there.
Someone who just uses the exact rotation in every situation will do less damage than someone who can adapt wether the first does better on the dummy or not.

EzoEo
10.30.2012 , 06:16 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Hatstandard View Post
This thread is ridiculous. Of course DPS on a dummy is an important check. If a player can't get at least 1700 over 5 minutes it means they don't know their rotation or aren't geared.

In my Ops groups the mercs are both around 1800, the sniper and mara are both over 2000 in 5 minute checks.

If I had to find a backup for one of them and the backup sputtered along at 1500 I'd know he wasn't a good player. A good player knows their rotation. Now someone can still get 1800 and stink due to issues of awareness. But Nobody who can't get those kind of numbers doesn't stink.

That said our group dps # is by know means premier (we'd need another mara) and we still constantly break content in TFB HM by over dpsing. I'd say the actual requirements for a group is pretty low. Maybe 1600 on dummies. Much more important that they are aware

1 of our mercs was dead for almost all of phase 2 of TFB and we still only hit enrage in last couple seconds and killed boss. The only real big DPS check in TFB is kephess's soft enrage and that comes down to how the OPS frames the soft enrage more than anything. Awareness and mediocre dps is enough for the content.
If you can 1700 on DPS Agent then I would like to see the log .

We all know that Operatives even in Concealment will struggle to do 1700 because their weak sustained DPS and low burst damage.
Some people reactions to the Disney buy out.

scullzomben
10.30.2012 , 06:45 PM | #23
I think that what OP is getting at is that if someone can't pull a DPS of 1000 on dummies, they wont stand a chance in HM TFB, regardless of mechanics.

Of course, along the opposite lines, someone with 2000 dps on dummies doesn't give them a free ride to ignore mechanics.

I'd say that around 1300-1400 would be about right.

NotRonin
10.30.2012 , 07:11 PM | #24
The operation dummy provides an 'upper bound' on the damage you can do on a single boss. It is a pretty good yardstick for a person's gear. Now a reality check : 2000 dps is 'best of the best', and it's beyond the reach of most raiders. It shouldn't be used as a yardstick.

Total HP of boss / enrage timer in seconds = total required DPS. For certain bosses, you need to add a 'burst' requirement as well (e.g. bomber in EC Kephess, Data cores in Operator 9). From my experience, the baseline for TFB HM is 1600 dps on the dummy, translating to around 1400 dps in the field. Lower than that and you'll run into enrage timers, double lightning fields on Dread guard, failing phases in Operator 9, etc.

Raekor
10.30.2012 , 10:14 PM | #25
I see all these number getting thrown around, never seems to translate into what I do. 8 man HM Terror, 2 minutes to spare, I only did 1200 dps. There is so much down time in that fight. The two melee on the tentacles in the first phase tend to do the same amount of dps, and the tentacles mostly go down at the same rate, so I can't be getting carried too much.

16 man HM Terror (and only him, Operator and Kephess we had a tank in DPS gear doing about 500-600 and still one shot them) I'd say that isn't good enough. I'd just love to have some good attempts at him with out bugs or peoples clients crashing or my internet starting to drop packets so I have a reason to push myself.

Raekor
10.30.2012 , 10:40 PM | #26
Was looking through the top 50 on torparse trying to find a kill (all the ones I have checked have ended in death, not a kill), and so far they all seem to be around the 1100-1200 dps for a 13-14 minute fight as well. I've asked my guildies to post theirs up so I can look into it some more. Hopefully one of the PT's that always seems to do they most damage in the MoX parser puts his up so I have a good idea of the range on one of our kills.

NogueiraA
10.30.2012 , 10:57 PM | #27
Full Black Hole with best in slot and full augmented with the primary stats.

kanare
10.31.2012 , 06:52 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
Why on earth would you have troopers set to a lower standard than everyone else.. you are aware a Vanguard/Powertech has probably the highest single target DPS in the game.For Merc's and commandos in PVE there dps is right up there with any other class. I am a powertech and i haven't done a OPS dummy parser since i became bis(61) but when i was like 2-3 pieces out on a 8 min parse i did 1720 over 8 mins.

As far as DPS for TFB i believe i read somewhere you need an average of 1350 may have been 1450 between your dps
yeah just talking about comando's and i do not let them stand still doing it every dps has to have basick movement while doing the dps passer there are no stand and nuke fights realy in the game ....vangards are same as the others was genrilising them as other classes trooper = comandos

wetslampigduex
10.31.2012 , 11:44 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by kanare View Post
yeah just talking about comando's and i do not let them stand still doing it every dps has to have basick movement while doing the dps passer there are no stand and nuke fights realy in the game ....vangards are same as the others was genrilising them as other classes trooper = comandos
Just an fyi for you is you check logs on torparser Merc's/commandos are right behind Anni Maras and Snipers in terms of dps PVE wise. No one should be held to a lower standard.. just sayin

Raekor
10.31.2012 , 07:22 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
Just an fyi for you is you check logs on torparser Merc's/commandos are right behind Anni Maras and Snipers in terms of dps PVE wise. No one should be held to a lower standard.. just sayin
Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but how do you search for a specific advanced class for a specific fight? I can see the top XX for a fight with all AC's (pretty much useless as most of them aren't achieved on a boss kill), or searching by AC for all fights. I just can't see a way to get both.