Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terror from Beyond Hard Mode DPS Requirements - Your thoughts on how much

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Terror from Beyond Hard Mode DPS Requirements - Your thoughts on how much

Mission_dj
10.30.2012 , 06:11 AM | #1
What DPS requirement do you think is required going in to TfB HM?

I think 1450, this is fully class buffed, unstimed, no adrenal and no power clicky relic.

With stim but no adrenal/relic - 1550-1600.

Would others agree with this?

theblaznee
10.30.2012 , 06:45 AM | #2
In short - no..

There are very few static, sit on your bum, and press buttons for dps fights in this game.. So pure dps numbers mean diddlysquat..

Next
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

Mission_dj
10.30.2012 , 06:50 AM | #3
So you would take someone in who can only put out 1000 DPS on a dummy?

You need to have people who can put out a certain amount on a dummy going in, and then learn the mechanics.

You cant have someone putting out a 1000 and go in and learn mechanics and wonder why you are failing.

theblaznee
10.30.2012 , 07:05 AM | #4
The dummy is not an operations boss..

I would still never, ever, ask for a persons dps parse from a dummy as proof they are able to do an operation.

How would you measure healers and tanks like that on the same scale? Being good at those roles mean much more than having certain stats or whatever arbitrary measurement you could come up with.

Basically.. At some point someones gear will be good enough to do 1500dps while banging their face on the keyboard, and they still wouldn't be able to kill anything in an operation..
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

RanisTheSlayer
10.30.2012 , 07:11 AM | #5
People's situational awareness is a much stronger show of degree of competency than pure numbers. The only time I've seen dps be an issue in HM TFB is on the final boss, and that was simply a matter of execution of the mechanics than anyone slacking. Something to think about.
Ranis
Lethal Dose Fifty
Jedi Covenant's #1 DPS Sage
Server First 8M and 16M HM Terror From Beyond 5/5

oofalong
10.30.2012 , 07:27 AM | #6
I think it is fair to set a lower bound on someone's DPS for HM TfB. It is effectively the same as checking someone's gear.

For instance, I doubt many would be willing to take a fresh 50 or someone in just recruit gear through HM TfB. From a DPS perspective, if you can't do X,XXX standing still hitting a dummy, there is no way you would be able to significantly contribute to the operations group. If I had to guess, I think the OP post of 1,450 is a little high. For instance, there may have been no armor debuff on the dummy, which is less likely to happen in a real operation.

However, as others have pointed out just even if someone is able to do 1,800 on the Ops dummy, they may not be capable to doing HM TfB. Thus, if you want to set a DPS floor that is fine, but that does not ensure success no matter what floor you set. Still, it should be one of many factors you consider.
The Shadowlands
*Mostly Updated for 3.0* Read my Theorycrafting Articles on Dulfy.net
*Updated for 3.0* Confused by all of the Proc Relics? Check out my new and improved relic explanation.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

Mission_dj
10.30.2012 , 07:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by oofalong View Post
If I had to guess, I think the OP post of 1,450 is a little high. For instance, there may have been no armor debuff on the dummy, which is less likely to happen in a real operation.
Thank you. This is the sort of thing I'm looking for.

I'm not worried about how good the player is, how good is awareness/movement/etc, that can be addressed. I'm worried about going in with not enough DPS, so need to plan the average needed in order to have a group that is able to actually kill things.

Hence, I need a good idea of DPS required in order to progress.

RattyRattail
10.30.2012 , 07:42 AM | #8
Situational awareness is important, however, before you even test this you need to make sure the people playing their DPS role can in fact DPS to a certain level. This is where the ops dummy comes in. It provides everyone with a base comparison for their DPS. Yes the DPS values will change from boss to boss due to mechanics, but it gives you an idea of what that person is capable of. If the person can only pull 1,000 - 1,200 DPS on an operations dummy then they are either under geared, or they do not know how to play their class.

In my raid I expect at least 1,500+ DPS on the operations dummy from a geared/optimized player. If the character is lesser geared you would need to take that into account.
Makoan Legacy (Jedi Covenant)
Javán - 55 Sniper | Dhiya - 55 Shadow
Cáde - 55 Gunslinger | Nermall - 55 Assassin

Mission_dj
10.30.2012 , 07:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RattyRattail View Post
In my raid I expect at least 1,500+ DPS on the operations dummy from a geared/optimized player. If the character is lesser geared you would need to take that into account.
Would that be stimmed or unstimmed on the dummy? Use of Adrenal/Clicky relic allowed?

RattyRattail
10.30.2012 , 08:12 AM | #10
I usually have them run a three minute parse. Fully raid buffed/stimmed. No adrenal/click relics. It's all about where you want to set your base.
Makoan Legacy (Jedi Covenant)
Javán - 55 Sniper | Dhiya - 55 Shadow
Cáde - 55 Gunslinger | Nermall - 55 Assassin