Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Host Of Missing Social Outfits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Host Of Missing Social Outfits

Kualan's Avatar


Kualan
10.30.2012 , 03:56 AM | #1
I was having a little look on DarthHater, when I found this:

http://db.darthhater.com/items/social_items/#items:0+1

A full listing of all outfits under 'Social Items' in the game's datafiles. However barely half of them are actually in game! Outfits such as the Field Commander, Ring Gladiator, Imperial Field Outfit, Headhunter, Aristocrat, etc are all unobtainable. Does anybody know why this is?

Alternatively, it would be nice if we could get a Bioware response on why so many Social Items were removed from the game (the indications seem to be that they were present in beta at least) and if we might at least see them restored via the Cartel Market? There are some colour variations of the Imperial and Republic Officers' gear that would be pretty popular I've no doubt.

Thanks.
Stannis - Jedi Guardian - Level 50 : Sarella - Imperial Sniper - Level 50
Kastrofa - Gunslinger - Level 50 : V'lorn - Sith Juggernaut - Level 50
Nyna - Jedi Sentinel - Level 50 : Melondi - Jedi Shadow - Level 50
Tremarck - Imperial Operative - Level 50 : Kualan - Republic Vanguard - Level 22

Jandi's Avatar


Jandi
10.30.2012 , 04:09 AM | #2
So they can, at some point, claim to bring out new content and all the hype that comes with it without any actual added work. Every MMO is like this. There's always a lot of unused content they are saving to later claim to have been working hard on x, y or z when in fact the work has been done ages ago.

Or, maybe, the amount of clothing is enough for now and it's being saved for the cartel shop.

Xenirath's Avatar


Xenirath
10.30.2012 , 04:16 AM | #3
Data mining never yields accurate results of what is in the game, or what is to be in the game. Simply put data mining only reveals what FILES are in the game.

These files can be as simple as an items values, nothing says that these items have models attached to them or are even finished. They could have also been items in the beta that were removed, much like the imperial security key vendors armor.
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better

Kualan's Avatar


Kualan
10.30.2012 , 04:19 AM | #4
A fair point, though unlike a lot of datamining entries these all carry their own individual icons that have also been sourced from the data-files, which would suggest that the armour models themselves were also developed and created.
Stannis - Jedi Guardian - Level 50 : Sarella - Imperial Sniper - Level 50
Kastrofa - Gunslinger - Level 50 : V'lorn - Sith Juggernaut - Level 50
Nyna - Jedi Sentinel - Level 50 : Melondi - Jedi Shadow - Level 50
Tremarck - Imperial Operative - Level 50 : Kualan - Republic Vanguard - Level 22

Xenirath's Avatar


Xenirath
10.30.2012 , 04:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kualan View Post
A fair point, though unlike a lot of datamining entries these all carry their own individual icons that have also been sourced from the data-files, which would suggest that the armour models themselves were also developed and created.
Yea I see that after I went into the link and looked, I only saw about 3-4 sets though that I haven't seen before In some form.

Many of these could have possibly just been converted into orange shells from specialty vendors/drops and the like and still have the old versions files still there.
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better

Kualan's Avatar


Kualan
10.30.2012 , 06:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenirath View Post
Yea I see that after I went into the link and looked, I only saw about 3-4 sets though that I haven't seen before In some form.

Many of these could have possibly just been converted into orange shells from specialty vendors/drops and the like and still have the old versions files still there.
Possibly. The armour vendors certainly seem...lacking in the game, as if they're missing a lot of their original content.
Stannis - Jedi Guardian - Level 50 : Sarella - Imperial Sniper - Level 50
Kastrofa - Gunslinger - Level 50 : V'lorn - Sith Juggernaut - Level 50
Nyna - Jedi Sentinel - Level 50 : Melondi - Jedi Shadow - Level 50
Tremarck - Imperial Operative - Level 50 : Kualan - Republic Vanguard - Level 22

Scovina's Avatar


Scovina
11.27.2012 , 05:55 AM | #7
Some more variations on robes would be nice no matter the class. Also why can I not wear pants as an Inquisitor? There are few ever armor pieces that allow this. I get it as a Sorcerer I wear a dress but why? This is Star Wars after all and not D&D.

More color options! Pretty much just black and red or black and purple as an Inquisitor. My Imperial Agent usually looks good though. I don't play Jedi much so no pointer there and I never like the Bounty Hunter. As far as Warrior is concerned why do they have the odd shoulder and neck pieces on chest armor? It just doesn't flow with the rest of the armor in general. Ooh and belts need to have more variation.

Kinda feel like I'm asking for everything but you can't get what you don't ask for.

Knockerz's Avatar


Knockerz
11.27.2012 , 06:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
So they can, at some point, claim to bring out new content and all the hype that comes with it without any actual added work. Every MMO is like this. There's always a lot of unused content they are saving to later claim to have been working hard on x, y or z when in fact the work has been done ages ago.

Or, maybe, the amount of clothing is enough for now and it's being saved for the cartel shop.
Wow been doing this for years. Did you all know the panda race of mop was going to be the alliance race for the bc expansion, but was scrapped. I'm wager a lot of the unused material for bc that was destine for the panda race was used for mop.

bigBENmagicmanii's Avatar


bigBENmagicmanii
01.09.2013 , 11:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Scovina View Post
Some more variations on robes would be nice no matter the class. Also why can I not wear pants as an Inquisitor? There are few ever armor pieces that allow this. I get it as a Sorcerer I wear a dress but why? This is Star Wars after all and not D&D.
All you really have to do is mod social gear pants and light armor pants to fit your class. I have both an inquisitor assassin tank and a consular shadow tank, and they both wear pants.

You are right that they don't make any pants for inquisitors/consulars but it is simple enough to mod armor with willpower or endurance mods.

Capt_Beers's Avatar


Capt_Beers
01.09.2013 , 12:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by bigBENmagicmanii View Post
All you really have to do is mod social gear pants and light armor pants to fit your class. I have both an inquisitor assassin tank and a consular shadow tank, and they both wear pants.

You are right that they don't make any pants for inquisitors/consulars but it is simple enough to mod armor with willpower or endurance mods.
The first thing I did when I got to Coruscant was buy a pair of social pants for my Shadow. Well, a pair of social tights anyway .

Id on't think it's weird at all that there is unused items in the game files. They had more developers/designers before launch it would make sense that they would try to build up stuff to release in the future when they had less people. As well as some people have mentioned ideas could have been shelved especially since the social gear so far seems to tie into the planet story somehow maybe the places they designed this gear for don't exist/got scrapped/have yet to be finished.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics