Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Multiple random crash fix? Maybe.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Multiple random crash fix? Maybe.

Fayrelle
10.29.2012 , 11:40 PM | #1
I was using windows XP (very outdated) when 1.4 came out and I started crashing at least once an hour sometimes twice...I know many peeps are having this issue as well. So we bought Windows 7 professional and ding, no more crashes. I have played all day logging into multiple toons, going through many FPs and loading screens and not a single crash to this day. It has been a week since we bought it. Good luck all!

Tommytwotoes
10.30.2012 , 02:04 AM | #2
Interesting find. Did you happen to buy the 32 or 64 bit windows 7?

Also, even if this is a solution, bioware shouldn't expect everyone to go out and pay $60 for windows 7 just to be able to play their game without crashing.
Scopeseven ate nine
Bastion

SirPhoenixKnight
10.30.2012 , 02:09 AM | #3
you will find he has bought a 64 bit version and can now use more then the 3.2 gig that 32 bit OS allow and the game has more memory to chew up instead of running out and crashing

Fayrelle
10.30.2012 , 02:34 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SirPhoenixKnight View Post
you will find he has bought a 64 bit version and can now use more then the 3.2 gig that 32 bit OS allow and the game has more memory to chew up instead of running out and crashing
She and yes precisely. 64 bit and now I can use all 8 gigs of my ram. Haven't had a single crash. But I agree it was pricey and I didn't do it just for the game, was just tired of using a friggin pirated version of windows xp >.<

Fayrelle
10.30.2012 , 11:17 PM | #5
Bump (since it might help someone)