Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So are subscribers going to get a Cartel Coin allowance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
So are subscribers going to get a Cartel Coin allowance?

QuietGoneJinn
10.29.2012 , 11:04 PM | #1
Or was that a one-time promotional offer to thank current subscribers?

Just wondering if it goes Free2Play, if being a subscriber would bank anymore Coins?

AshlaBoga
10.29.2012 , 11:16 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by QuietGoneJinn View Post

Just wondering if it goes Free2Play, if being a subscriber would bank anymore Coins?
You will get 500 Cartel Coins every month as a subscriber (6000 per year).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

QuietGoneJinn
10.29.2012 , 11:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
You will get 500 Cartel Coins every month as a subscriber (6000 per year).
Cool thanks. Wa wondering if I'd have to double-dip into my wallet to obtain more coins.

MediumD
10.30.2012 , 04:47 PM | #4
Cool thanks. Wa wondering if I'd have to double-dip into my wallet to obtain more coins.
You will. That's the whole point--to get you to pay more every month. Say, for example, you get 500 coins this month. You see some nifty armor for your alt, but it costs 700 coins. You can wait a month--but by then your alt is already 50--or you can buy it and enjoy it now for just $2 (200 coins) more.

Evgen
11.12.2012 , 08:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MediumD View Post
You will. That's the whole point--to get you to pay more every month. Say, for example, you get 500 coins this month. You see some nifty armor for your alt, but it costs 700 coins. You can wait a month--but by then your alt is already 50--or you can buy it and enjoy it now for just $2 (200 coins) more.
Did they state the cash price for cartel coins? I was looking for that.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Oggthebase
11.13.2012 , 02:41 AM | #6
There was a press conference call where they announce the price ranging from 1 dollar for 90 CC to 137 CC (you get more CC per dollar the more CC you buy in bulk).

Here is the link:
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...play-launching

BadOrb
11.13.2012 , 11:57 AM | #7

Also if you are subbed on the 15th November then you will also gain 250 coins as a bonus.

Cheers.

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

celozzip
11.13.2012 , 12:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
Also if you are subbed on the 15th November then you will also gain 250 coins as a bonus..
on my cc rewards page it has said i would get 850 on f2p-day for ages now but i just looked and it says 650. that's 3x150 for march, 200 for october (since i've resubbed for a coupleof weeks before f2p)... so do i now get another 250 on thursday to make it 900?

edit: nevermind i just read the http://www.swtor.com/free page and it seems i will get 900 after all, nice.

Jedi-soon
11.17.2012 , 10:49 PM | #9
I subscribed 3 days before F2P and I got zero coins, guess I need to be a member for a whole month correct

There is only peace.

Draloch
11.17.2012 , 10:56 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi-soon View Post
I subscribed 3 days before F2P and I got zero coins, guess I need to be a member for a whole month correct
I think the bonus coins were a reward for being previously subscribed, but if you were, you have a little longer to sub and still get the bonus coins you're alloted.

Regardless, anyone with a sub gets a free allotment of coins every month.