Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

POT5 OPEN WORLD PVP: Empire Invasion of Republic spaceport on Alderaan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
POT5 OPEN WORLD PVP: Empire Invasion of Republic spaceport on Alderaan

Elminster_cs
11.01.2012 , 04:46 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I say bravo, and wish there was more of this. Raids like this make the world feel more alive and vibrant IMO, and really liven up things in games.

Hopefully we see more of this kind of thing in the future.
^ This, yes, yes, yes, yes!

Smithie
11.01.2012 , 07:09 PM | #32
Not to long ago we had a pvp event on Alderaan on 'Tomb of Feedon Nadd' server
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z9T6LgSMTw

was fun and pretty much only lvl 50's....
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"

<Afterdark> -> Tomb of Freedon Nadd-EU
My youtube : http://www.youtube.com/SmithianKingdom

xorcist
11.02.2012 , 06:19 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Yiffinator View Post
I bet they do. Great job, taking down 2+ reps with your 7+ imps! You sure showed them!
thats exactly what i was thinking hahaha. No fear for you when you got that many to watch your back versus a 1v1. Shameful really.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

amaresch
11.02.2012 , 07:36 AM | #34
Can't get the vid to open, so i'll speculate. First, this type of PvP doesn't bother me. I usually don't PvP because in short- it isn't my thing. This, on the other hand looks like fun. My question is: where are the Republic reinforcements? Hard to believe that people didn't roll off their alts unto their mains or send an alert to their guilds to come make the Imperials shoo! Were there any non-NPC Pubs there at all?

Glad to see this thread made the weekly roundup.

Janith
11.03.2012 , 07:41 AM | #35
I did one of these on the PVP server for AUS - a LONG time ago. At first it was picking off some low levels, but then a horde of Republic players came in, ranging from level 25 and onwards to 50 - we had gotten one of our guys to log onto their Reps to give a shout out in their fleet station. We ended up getting cornered near the Smuggler spaceport entrance, the Reps took refuge in the center of the spaceport. After while though we just rushed each other and had a massive fight. It was HEAPS of fun. Hiding so the others couldn't see how many people we had. Yelling at the stupid Empire players we had to come back and to stop exposing themselves (we let that one die). After a VERY long time of waiting around and some battling back and forth we busted out and ran for it. Took so long, and truthfully I was sick of it by the end - but still, heaps of fun.

Listerman
11.03.2012 , 09:19 AM | #36
Things like this are usually only fun for the invaders, in which the defenders percieve the attackers as a brigade of [censored] mongers who got bored of basic PvP, and are making nuisances of themselves while people are just trying to get to their mission points.

Then again, it's an MMO, and you're of the enemy faction, so I'm already inclined to think you're an [censored]hole by default.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."