Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

POT5 OPEN WORLD PVP: Empire Invasion of Republic spaceport on Alderaan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
POT5 OPEN WORLD PVP: Empire Invasion of Republic spaceport on Alderaan

VanderII
10.30.2012 , 06:02 AM | #11
Oh yeha that's nice: invasion; fighting with players, that is what I'm looking for in swtor
- Neithan Legacy -
- A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities. - J.R.R.T

Nassik
10.30.2012 , 06:10 AM | #12
I'm all for this. It's utterly shocking... a spark of life in SWTOR!

Of course, it would stink to be a level 30 or so just entering the spaceport and getting ambushed by Imps. But what a great surprise. I am all for this.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian

spectreclees
10.30.2012 , 06:11 AM | #13
I literally couldn't watch this. This game on anything other than High is just awful to watch.

Stradlin
10.30.2012 , 06:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenirath View Post

Like I said, Gratz on the attack. But don't be surprised when people see this as a brag attempt of something not very brag worthy.
I'm pretty sure this is them promoting their guild rather than bragging. Of course, line between those two is often drawn in water or wherenot. From POV of rest of us, tis should be pretty irrelevant. What is more relevant to me is them promoting TOR. Videos like this say " Look, the game isn't dead! People actually do stuff besides ************ about game, fantasizing over yet to be introduced LIs@ forums and running TBC era instances! " to bazillion people currently considering wether TOR deserves another go.

Having said all that, I'd say managing to pull of a guild event and promoting dynamic world events and cross faction...interaction is pretty bragworthy in it's own every-day-heroism -way:P

JohraTon
10.30.2012 , 06:17 AM | #15
This would be sweeter if you could do it on opposing fleets/capital worlds

ToR should really make some vendors hidden away in places like this to encourage a raid/defence into enemy territory once in a while and ensure its not just lowbies who are getting stomped there.

It's funny how many people think warzones are the be all and end all of PvP these days. No idea why people need a reward to make them PvP. In most games I've played, fun and bragging rights were enough to get people out into the world and fighting over areas. Now it seems if you aren't working on your gear grind its just dismissed as pointless.

Good on you for taking some initiative and making something happen.
Jedi Covenant
Rhigus - Juggernaut
<Deceptýcons>

jibboo
10.30.2012 , 06:19 AM | #16
Love the curmudgeons in this thread.

Do you guys also scold people for swearing in chat?
Zimbra - Assassin

LordArtemis
10.30.2012 , 06:26 AM | #17
Ah, I didn't realize this was a PVP server. Well, it's still ok IMO....though low level players were probably attacked and killed, it adds a bit of spice to the game.

So, not as enthused as when I first read the thread, but still pretty happy to see it happening.

Xenirath
10.30.2012 , 06:30 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JohraTon View Post
This would be sweeter if you could do it on opposing fleets/capital worlds

ToR should really make some vendors hidden away in places like this to encourage a raid/defence into enemy territory once in a while and ensure its not just lowbies who are getting stomped there.

It's funny how many people think warzones are the be all and end all of PvP these days. No idea why people need a reward to make them PvP. In most games I've played, fun and bragging rights were enough to get people out into the world and fighting over areas. Now it seems if you aren't working on your gear grind its just dismissed as pointless.

Good on you for taking some initiative and making something happen.
Just wait for the 1.5 update, random spawns for Hk components and vendors on planets that sell a few should add up to some fun world pvp for at least a little while.
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better

Malefik
10.30.2012 , 07:00 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nassik View Post
I'm all for this. It's utterly shocking... a spark of life in SWTOR!

Of course, it would stink to be a level 30 or so just entering the spaceport and getting ambushed by Imps. But what a great surprise. I am all for this.
I watched his targets and I saw lvl 50's most of the time. (hope it wasn't my eyes lol). Gratz on this. I would have welcomed that even if I was only LvL30. At least some one cares enough to have fun. Looked like the Reb's called in some ppl after a while also. If so thats even better, thats what a pvp server is all about.
BLESSED DARKNESS
~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~
~~x~~x~~> May the Dark Light shine! <~~x~~x~~

Serving the Dark Side since 1999

Jacen_Starsolo
10.30.2012 , 07:07 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kesica View Post
Let me get this straight.

Your guild (bunch of 50s) attacks Alderaan spaceport. We all know Alderaan is level 30 planet.

So basically you run around killing few level 30s with huge group of level 50s.

Should I be impressed?

Am I missing something here?

Whats next Nar Shaddaa?
THIS

Now go attack Corellia or Ilum space port. Then I might not yawn.