Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Boyana
10.29.2012 , 09:28 PM | #71
Amazing! Love it!
I also have to say I simply love how it is written! The best article ever!

Quote:
I really enjoy looking at nature and figuring out how to take the ideas that I observe in the natural world and imitate them with computer graphics. Over the summer I was really struck by the translucent properties of leaves and grass.
Aw! You remind me on someone !

Boyana
10.29.2012 , 09:31 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
Ben Cloward,

Thank you for adding such things that some of us tend to overlook in the real world. They bring the virtual one closer to a finished product. I am pleased to hear there is more on the way. Hopefully, and I'm sure you do see it. That the rock faces in caves, cliffs and mountain range, on Tattooine etc. don't look exactly finished. Colors, textures, and tones look way too uniform and flat. There is definitely room for improvement there. Good work so far!
I agree. With this, I am sure they are aware of it and working to make it look better !

Satelerevan
10.29.2012 , 09:32 PM | #73
I'm loving the new improvements, makes the game feel right at home for me.

However! The only feedback I do have here is, I would really love to see this with SLI and CrossFire support options to be enabled as well with the game because it would be beneficial with the framerates and what not. The developers should really have some extra graphical options in the game itself to utilise the SLI or Crossfire features and give people the chance to enhance the performance or quality options. Or Bioware should look into the idea of whenever the game is first launched it would autotune itself to support the best quality and performance settings that they would recommend.

We got the technology out there! Let's put it to use and watch those special effects in the game come into life. Give us an awesometacular show Bioware, time to show off your skills
"What I am is not important, but my message is..."

spookysage
10.29.2012 , 09:38 PM | #74
Can't wait to see this in action tomorrow! I love the attention to detail in this game, like the first time I realized my female character had eyelashes - chunky vintage-Barbie-style lashes, but still!

MariaD
10.29.2012 , 10:42 PM | #75
This is so beautiful. I appreciate it very much when people do (seemingly) little things with great love. I take a lot of pictures in game. This will make a big difference for me. Kudos!

Tim-ONeil
10.29.2012 , 11:44 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
^
this!
*sigh*... Don´t even try to explain it. People with no clue about game development will never get it.
You are correct sir. The sad part is though in their other games they played they were right. SWG has only 3 developers for the last few years, and STO has only 3 right now.

This game still has dedicated teams for each segment but good luck convincing the knee jerkers that.
Jainā Tīm Korben Leeloo
Thana Maleficent Thrawn Dr. Horrible
The Dallas Legacy Server: Jedi Covenent US/EAST

spectreclees
10.30.2012 , 12:03 AM | #77
Please don't break the game this time

JamieKirby
10.30.2012 , 12:35 AM | #78
Not that much difference to be honest......was hoping for more.

Alduinsm
10.30.2012 , 12:38 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
Ben Cloward,

Thank you for adding such things that some of us tend to overlook in the real world. They bring the virtual one closer to a finished product. I am pleased to hear there is more on the way. Hopefully, and I'm sure you do see it. That the rock faces in caves, cliffs and mountain range, on Tattooine etc. don't look exactly finished. Colors, textures, and tones look way too uniform and flat. There is definitely room for improvement there. Good work so far!
+1

Thank you very much for these little changes.Keep it up
Shin

Daelda
10.30.2012 , 12:58 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by lafr View Post
And yet my i7 with or without crossfire can't run in mid quality. And it's just after 1.4, before that was great.
And yet on my i7-3770K it works just great on best quality!
Come read my SWTOR Articles at http://www.TORWars.com -----Follow me on twitter @Daelda