Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

10.29.2012 , 04:28 PM | #41
Very nice, looking forward to it.

Keep up the good work. =]

10.29.2012 , 04:30 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Hopefully, they did better testing with this beforehand then they did with the shadows in 1.4. But it is completely possible that the changes made for this really won't effect anyone's systems. Shadows have always been kind of a dodgy, graphics intensive thing.
PTS will be back up soon (it is being patched now) - the more people that can test this patch the better. Especially anyone with an onboard graphics chipset or an older card.

As these sorts of changes are made there is a risk (as appears to have crystallised with this update) that older setups won't be able to run the game any more, Bioware need as many people as possible to test so they can see if the number who would gain from better images is outweighed by the number who can no longer play the game at all (i.e. they login and crash to desktop before the world finishes loading)

10.29.2012 , 04:33 PM | #43
It makes me feel good that this person seems to take his job so serious but you know he also really enjoys it and has a lot of fun with it. Unless of course he was made to say all of that but I don't want to believe that haha. Can't wait for 1.5 this game is getting back on track

10.29.2012 , 04:44 PM | #44
Please ,please,please fix the current graphic issues before creating new ones.

I love the look.Really,I do.But since 1.4 my framerate has taken a huge hit,plus 1.4 introduced gave me the buggy looking blaster bolts,that still haven't been fixed.And no amount of driver-downloading or setting-tweaking made a difference.

My system was never all that great to begin with,but before 1.4 warzones were somewhat tolerable.I had problems playing melee classes,but did ok with range classes.After 1.4 ,warzones became completely unplayable,I simply lag too badly,regardless which class I played.

For many of us,performance and stability are much more important than visuals.

10.29.2012 , 04:48 PM | #45
I´d really like a super high end texture pack which makes the world and characters look a little less like plastic/cartoony.
Hopefully one of the next improvements...

10.29.2012 , 04:50 PM | #46
This is a nice update unfortunately ruined by the very low draw distance.

Sadly seeing the grass grow in front us while running around kills any graphical improvements done. This is where you should have focused your efforts before.

10.29.2012 , 04:56 PM | #47
Beautiful changes! I love it!

10.29.2012 , 04:58 PM | #48
Looks very good! Will be nice for us with good g-cards to get out more of the game.

10.29.2012 , 05:00 PM | #49
To those complaining, stop whining. The Tech Artist isn't going to be involved in fixing most of the bugs you're talking about or balancing issues.

It's called role specialization. Learn about it.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

10.29.2012 , 05:03 PM | #50
Nice but will it come with the lag or am I in wrong department...