Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sarfux
11.02.2012 , 10:24 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
The chairs are already "sitable."
He means sitting in the chairs. And no you cannot sit in the chairs
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SlimsPicken
11.02.2012 , 10:35 AM | #152
cool. Now fix the lag spike/DCs and animation delays and were golden.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Papineau
11.02.2012 , 09:12 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Really wish Bioware would stop putting so much effort into how shiny the foliage in the game is and fix balance problems and bugs.

I just imagine the devs sitting around a table coming up with their priorities for 1.5 and saying, "you know, we still have some major bugs to address, and the DPS classes need some serious balance fixes, but there is a rock somewhere on Tatooine that doesn't look just right. Let's get right on that."
You know what came first to me, wth this game is going!? I've played 2 hours of Guild Wars 2 and got hooked and then there is this ***** of **** in the "star wars" universe. I'm one die hard Star Wars fan but it seems it wasnt enough

Vikoon
11.02.2012 , 09:39 PM | #154
Who honestly cares about that when the game is in rough condition? I really question whether or not you are trying to enrage your own community by posting stuff like this when there are so many other problems. Truly mind boggling.

Evarwyn
11.02.2012 , 09:59 PM | #155
WOW! This is really awesome! Great job!

After seeing the before/after pictures and reading the article, you can really see a huge difference in how the light is effected by what it passes through.

Just gives me more reason to believe that the longer this game is out, the better it gets. Thank you for the hard work!

ChrisMattar
11.03.2012 , 09:39 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Papineau View Post
You know what came first to me, wth this game is going!? I've played 2 hours of Guild Wars 2 and got hooked and then there is this ***** of **** in the "star wars" universe. I'm one die hard Star Wars fan but it seems it wasnt enough
Cant argue personal opinions, but the way I see it, it''s the other way around. I tried GW2 played 40hours and really wanted to finish story but was totally unable to, while the engine is good and graphics crisp, the gameplay is a diablo ripoff and totally boring, spamming 3-4 buttons hoping ull get a good result at the end of the total mayhem on screen. no life no immersion no connection to people no strategy nothing really. People are starting to quit it in mass. SWTOR with all its early flaws is by far the best MMO and keeps getting better, if it continues like this within 6 months it'll be virtually perfect and will quadruple the subs base. I couldn't care less about starwars and its universe, but I am totally addicted to this game regardless.

Toland
11.04.2012 , 01:44 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
Of all the replies, this is one of a very few who hit the nail on the head.

BioWare has (had) a reputation for making good games. But on this one they've seem to of dropped the ball on many occasions.

This is something that was not a priority. There are so many other things that have greater necessities than making the scenery greener.

BioWare. I just don't know.
It's because EA got their greedy little fingers into BW's part of Star Wars.

Jinzouningen
11.04.2012 , 02:11 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Papineau View Post
Yeah i had 6 days of early play, made a 50 trooper before the end of dec, quit in jan (just came back 4 days ago) and the reason wasnt so much graphics but being angry and how small the game was in comparison to some older MMO's out there.

I cant speak much on the dps balance thing because i'm not a pvp'er (i never understood what the big deal about that was in another mmo..but whatever) but I'm on a planet, but i cant explore the whole or even half the planet? I'm speeding along on a planet and theres this mountain range in the background..oh wait no its just a background.

You will never be able to ever make it to that mountain range. You can only explore in what ill call straight lines. You just cant go off on a tangent and find far off places, and battle some random strong npc that no one else has found yet.

Its easy to get long winded on this point because..heh i really love star wars and i'm still angry because this game should have been alot more..a whole lot more that what it is.
Sith lightning is just a rip off of Shaman lightning.

Jinzouningen
11.04.2012 , 02:47 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Carousel_t View Post
fix general performance and environmental performance first.
I cant agree more. my character gets stuck on a load screen more times than i can count in just the 4 days that ive been back.

I go do black hole dailes , click on the shuttle,hmmm go to ship...............loading screen.............go afk come back......loading screen. ok if that only happened once..fine but thats happened alot. group died in an OP. click to revive at med station........loading screen...well i wont finish that op tonight. after restarting the game a few times im finally back in..out the op group of course..and standing on the planet i was on like 2hrs ago

Ive been gone awhile so i cant complain about alot that could use a fix but..who knows maybe its just me. If so direct me to a fix i need to make. I'll say this..i will not load a third party program (this ram drive business) just to be able to play a game smoothly especially if that game is less robust than the 4 other games (2 of which are beta) that i have no lag / fps , loading screen hang up problems.
Sith lightning is just a rip off of Shaman lightning.

Thylbanus
11.04.2012 , 04:40 PM | #160
Looking forward to it, IF it doesn't break things like the 1.4 update. I still have members of my guild that DC at 2-3 hr intervals due to the memory leak. With some tweeking, I've mangaged to get a good 8 hrs in without a DC. I usuallly log out for a while to make sure that my memory dumps so I can go back and play later.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson