Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Shoogli
10.30.2012 , 08:08 AM | #111
This is a very nice improvement and very good looking one indeed.
I wonder how it looks on Belsavis, this planet being one of the most lush in the game !!!

Mr Cloward can be very proud of himself !
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

LWSugden
10.30.2012 , 08:17 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
THIS is what you guys work on all day? Not fixing bugs? Not REDUCING LAG? Just adding pretty colors to grass? Seriously; you should be fired, dude. I don't care one bit that my grass is shiny when the sun's out, I do care that I don't lag to high heaven when the sun's out....

GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT.

I don't want pretty grass that doesn't increase lag... I want whatever you have to do to REDUCE it. Get your act together.

Fire VanGogh and hire a real game designer please.
^^ I agree. At the very least this patch did fix a couple of issues that I was aware of. But why did those issues move to the top of the fix list? Drunkard's Vote Cantina on Coruscant still doesn't work when you need to speak to a companion (this has been reported after every single patch since launch). Our taxis still flicker like mad ever since you broke it a couple patches ago. The scenery in game is beautiful, but because of lag, latency and other issues I can't ever set my settings above extremely low, low or off. So making pretty grass that I won't see due is at the bottom of my priority list. Why not make the game FUNCTIONAL so we can use some of the higher graphics settings.

For all you haters that will point to all the various posts and articles about tweaks to make my game run faster, I have read them all and have implemented all of them that apply to my machine and OS. It works great if I don't need to see pretty grass. My machine is not the problem I am talking about. My rant here is about all of the bugs that have gone unresolved since launch, and all of the bugs that have been introduced because BW decided it is more important to bring in new content versus fixing the old. FIX IT FIRST, then give us pretty shiny new content.
-- Art Bladestone, Commando
The galaxy's only kamikaze pilot with 32 successful missions.

Inzuher
10.30.2012 , 08:29 AM | #113
Very nice. No you might consider making the chairs sitable and the phase zones open after having finished the quests, to increase the roleplaying experience.
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night, and silences the light.".

AshlaBoga
10.30.2012 , 08:30 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post
Very nice. No you might consider making the chairs sitable and the phase zones open after having finished the quests, to increase the roleplaying experience.
The chairs are already "sitable."
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Nemmar
10.30.2012 , 09:26 AM | #115
Sounds very nice. Looking forward to seeing this.

HammersteinSW
10.30.2012 , 10:55 AM | #116
Nicely done, this is gonna add some much needed atmosphere to the more treeish planets.

Ldogg
10.30.2012 , 11:01 AM | #117
Nice job Ben! Looks great man. Love the way you changed the light from the sun coming through the trees.
"Until the possible becomes actual, it is only a distraction."
―Qui-Gon Jinn:
I7 920 OC 3.2 Ghz, 12Gb tri-channel @ 1333Mhz, 2x AMD 6870 Beta Squadron 238

dipstik
10.30.2012 , 11:03 AM | #118
i really appreciate this kind of care being taken on something i spend so much time on. thank you

Red-Dwarf
10.30.2012 , 11:43 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
My computer is fine and it's a freaking Dell Vostro, how the heck are people having so many bugs when my low/medium end comp is fine?
Is that one with an integrated graphics and dell modified drivers?

If it is can you please log on to PTS to check it still works as so far HP and Samsung machines with intel integrated graphics with oem drivers both fail to run the game but we need more testing to be sure what the problem is and how widespread it it.

AshlaBoga
10.30.2012 , 12:24 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Red-Dwarf View Post
Is that one with an integrated graphics and dell modified drivers?

If it is can you please log on to PTS to check it still works as so far HP and Samsung machines with intel integrated graphics with oem drivers both fail to run the game but we need more testing to be sure what the problem is and how widespread it it.
Will do

I'm not going to be doing much though (have a Columi geared Sorc and that's it - so I can't test anything past Nightmare EV/KP or SM TfB (maybe 1 stack Dreadtooth but I've haven't tried him so that I don't know).

I'll update the PTS ASAP if I find a problem
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption