Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Datacrons

SpectralGhost
10.29.2012 , 11:09 AM | #1
So, unsure if it's been made into an actual suggestion thread (couldn't find it if it has), but I know I've seen support for it around the forums in the past and thought it couldn't hurt to suggest it - Legacy Datacron unlocks.

Instead of having to gather all the Datacrons for every toon, why not make the Datacrons legacy unlocks so that when you gather it the first time, it's then unlocked across all your other characters. Exceptions would likely have to be made for ones that only Imperial or Republic characters have access to, but that doesn't seem like it should be a deal breaker in being able to implement such a system. It could be a higher legacy level only unlock (lvl 30-40?) or maybe a Cartel store purchase as a quality of life thing.

The Datacrons can be fun to grab the first time around, but having to do them multiple times starts losing out on the fun factor and just gets tedious - at least for me.

Frog_brains
10.29.2012 , 11:16 AM | #2
i agree with this, and have suggested this in the past. You should need to have it done at least once per faction though to get the benefit of it. I would also suggest that they have them unlock gradually. I mean so that your lvl 1 character doesn't have the benifit of all of the datacrons right away. example when your on your starting planet you'd get the bonus' of the first 6 datacrons, then when you moved on to your second planet (coruscant, or dromund kaas) you'd automatically unlock the 5 their (assuming you already have them all) and so on.

JimG
10.29.2012 , 07:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Frog_brains View Post
i agree with this, and have suggested this in the past. You should need to have it done at least once per faction though to get the benefit of it. I would also suggest that they have them unlock gradually. I mean so that your lvl 1 character doesn't have the benifit of all of the datacrons right away. example when your on your starting planet you'd get the bonus' of the first 6 datacrons, then when you moved on to your second planet (coruscant, or dromund kaas) you'd automatically unlock the 5 their (assuming you already have them all) and so on.
Yep, totally agree with the OP and with the gradual benefit of them as described here.

Mistwinter
10.30.2012 , 06:37 AM | #4
Absolutely agree with this suggestion, there was a dev post some time back stating it was under consideration and I hope they get it sorted and implemented.

I'm leveling my first Imperial character now, and while it's a blast collecting them for the first time for each faction, I can't imagine doing it beyond that for subsequent characters (which is a shame, it's just a huge timesink--not to mention the logistical requirements for many datacrons, which can make them literally impossible to get without help from multiple other players in the same area).

Seems very reasonable as a Legacy expansion option.

Journeyer
10.30.2012 , 12:51 PM | #5
I'd like to see the codex entries bind to legacy--it's useless to have all this info I can't cross-reference--but the stat gains seem a bit...tricky. I imagine I'd be a pretty unbalanced level 10 with all of the bonus stats~ See frog_brains' post for win~
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

KarethRiker
10.30.2012 , 02:36 PM | #6
YES PLEASE! Will pay cartel coins for this
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

MrToxin
10.31.2012 , 04:22 PM | #7
As long as they create optional Legacy Wide unlocks I'm fine with it. I'm a completionist, I love doing various stuff on my alts.
So if they force me to share everything legacy wide, I'm out of here. One of the main reasons I quit WoW is due to account-wide everything.
So if it's optional legacy unlock or cartel market item, fine with me, just allow me to opt out of it.

dscount
11.16.2012 , 07:40 PM | #8
/signed

I think this is viable, but has potential to be abused. Maybe a compromise? How about all those DataCrons that are CLASS SPECIFIC are NOT shared Legacy wide?

All Endurance, Presence and +10 DataCron would be shared.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Skillzore
06.30.2013 , 08:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Frog_brains View Post
Agreed^^
The Lightfall Legacy
| Zimon - Sentinel | Reiyaa - Operative | Aezura - Sorcerer |
| Azerea - Shadow | Thageo - Sage | Eliahe - Gunslinger |
| Grordan - Vanguard |

Ratajack
06.30.2013 , 09:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SpectralGhost View Post
So, unsure if it's been made into an actual suggestion thread (couldn't find it if it has), but I know I've seen support for it around the forums in the past and thought it couldn't hurt to suggest it - Legacy Datacron unlocks.

Instead of having to gather all the Datacrons for every toon, why not make the Datacrons legacy unlocks so that when you gather it the first time, it's then unlocked across all your other characters. Exceptions would likely have to be made for ones that only Imperial or Republic characters have access to, but that doesn't seem like it should be a deal breaker in being able to implement such a system. It could be a higher legacy level only unlock (lvl 30-40?) or maybe a Cartel store purchase as a quality of life thing.

The Datacrons can be fun to grab the first time around, but having to do them multiple times starts losing out on the fun factor and just gets tedious - at least for me.
Please no. A player finding the datacrons on ONE CHARACTER does not entitle that player to the bonuses on any other characters.