Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

0/14/27 any good for PVE?

Jaggedblades
10.29.2012 , 10:23 AM | #1
The title pretty much says it.

I've done a bit of digging, and it seems that the 0/14/27 is currently the best DPS spec. However, is that true for PVE? Most info I find is for PVP, and I'm more interested in end game PVE.

Thanks in advance.

Xethis
10.29.2012 , 11:05 PM | #2
I pull about 50-100 more dps with this spec than with full Madness. I do believe it is the best dps spec.

Ryuri-Sama
11.05.2012 , 10:37 AM | #3
I find again it relies on the player. I personally as a deception spec out dps most other sins i've ops'd with.
Squadron 11.11.11
╬╬╬╬╬|{ ██████████████████████████████)

Ryuri-Sama
11.05.2012 , 10:42 AM | #4
I find again it relies on the player. I personally as a deception spec out dps most other sins i've ops'd with.
Squadron 11.11.11
╬╬╬╬╬|{ ██████████████████████████████)

Chiltonium
11.05.2012 , 11:16 AM | #5
im curious myslef.

is 30% more crit damage on maul worth more than a DoT that also crits 30% harder per tick, and 20% more with death field on them? Also only 30% on crits which isnt every hit =\ even at 50% crit chance its completely possible to get a string of non-crits and make it useless.

I find madness extremely fun, but it WOULD be nice to get rid of creeping terror, it feels so useless and makes my rotation feel funny.
Leathality Operative and Hatred (Madness) Assassin for 5 years running.

My referral link for those who'd like some free sub time!
http://www.swtor.com/r/mlytxl

Xethis
11.05.2012 , 06:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiltonium View Post
im curious myslef.

is 30% more crit damage on maul worth more than a DoT that also crits 30% harder per tick, and 20% more with death field on them? Also only 30% on crits which isnt every hit =\ even at 50% crit chance its completely possible to get a string of non-crits and make it useless.

I find madness extremely fun, but it WOULD be nice to get rid of creeping terror, it feels so useless and makes my rotation feel funny.
30% more crit damage on a Maul every 9-10 seconds is not more damage than Creeping Terror alone. There are several factors that make 0-14-27 out dps full Madness.

First, not only do you gain 30% damage to Maul crits, you also gain a global cool down. Since you are not casting Creeping Terror every 18 seconds, you will most likely fill that with a Thrash. 30% crit damage to Maul and one extra Thrash per cycle will do more damage than Creeping Terror.

Second, the Deathmark buff that increases dot damage by 20% isn't really a factor because it is still being fully utilized. Lightning Discharge is a harder ticking dot than Creeping Terror, so instead of spreading 4-5 ticks on each dot, Lightning Discharge will actually benefit even more because it will double the amount of ticks that consume a Deathmark.

Third, Madness is a very challenging spec to play, you have two dots, Deathmarks and Unearthed Knowledge you have to track, and at the same time watching for two different procs (EW/Raze). Even having one less thing to track can do quite a bit for making this spec easier and funner to play.

Fourth, you can now take advantage of the Darkswell talent. Every min or so you have a huge defensive buff and a pretty sexy dps buff. After a couple cycles on a long fight just being able to use Blackout will also out dps Creeping Terror.