Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to kill a Mara as Sage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How to kill a Mara as Sage

Ycoga
10.29.2012 , 07:06 AM | #1
Information is king!

You'll need Bubblestun - and possibly Egress, just to be sure. Remember the Hybrid-sage mantra: 'I'm gonna survive this fight, which means either her or neither of us dies'.

1. Bubble yourself while she's at range
2. Weaken mind and Mind crush - she's in your face by now
3. Let her pop the bubble, then Force Speed away for max duration only
4. Slow her, and telekinetic throw.
5. Mind crush, then she's in your face again.
6. Pop a WZ adrenal and/or heal through the damage she's dealing you (HOT and spam rejuvenate and benevolence - despite its high force cost - pref with Mental Alacrity, or at least with decent alac rating)
7. Force push, then use WZ medpack
8. Slow her, then turn and run away until you can raise another bubble. Use HOT.
9. Proceed from point 2 above and repeat as necessary.

Variations:
A: She force cloaks. Use forcequake at your feet - if she's running away, don't pursue, just tag her with Weaken Mind and possibly a last Disturbance if you're feeling cheeky. If she's attacking, proceed from point 6. (If she's Juyo your AOE won't work). If she's Juyo, escape.

B: Her Force attacks are too strong to heal through. Use Force Stun and TK throw and hope she uses her CC breaker, then continue from 6. Follow with Force Lift, then escape.

C: She's spamming you with Massacre and Ataru form strikes. Force Push, Force Stun, anything you can to slow that chick down, cos she's in your face and you're tasting her spittle, and it's not a happy place to be.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

vimm
10.29.2012 , 07:07 AM | #2
She's a lady?
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Ycoga
10.29.2012 , 07:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
She's a lady?
The woman is a lady.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Wrthlessnoob
10.29.2012 , 04:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
She's a lady?
Yeah I personally would have used gender neutral pronouns, or just used he (Which is seen as gender neutral, "He" does not always refer to a man exactly, but she pretty much does only refer to a woman). But hey if the op wants to be feminist or just feels like the Marauder in the example is a woman for some reason, it's not a big deal.
Jedi Covenant

AsiriusNazriel
10.29.2012 , 05:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
Information is king!

You'll need Bubblestun - and possibly Egress, just to be sure. Remember the Hybrid-sage mantra: 'I'm gonna survive this fight, which means either her or neither of us dies'.

1. Bubble yourself while she's at range
2. Weaken mind and Mind crush - she's in your face by now
3. Let her pop the bubble, then Force Speed away for max duration only
4. Slow her, and telekinetic throw.
5. Mind crush, then she's in your face again.
6. Pop a WZ adrenal and/or heal through the damage she's dealing you (HOT and spam rejuvenate and benevolence - despite its high force cost - pref with Mental Alacrity, or at least with decent alac rating)
7. Force push, then use WZ medpack
8. Slow her, then turn and run away until you can raise another bubble. Use HOT.
9. Proceed from point 2 above and repeat as necessary.

Variations:
A: She force cloaks. Use forcequake at your feet - if she's running away, don't pursue, just tag her with Weaken Mind and possibly a last Disturbance if you're feeling cheeky. If she's attacking, proceed from point 6. (If she's Juyo your AOE won't work). If she's Juyo, escape.

B: Her Force attacks are too strong to heal through. Use Force Stun and TK throw and hope she uses her CC breaker, then continue from 6. Follow with Force Lift, then escape.

C: She's spamming you with Massacre and Ataru form strikes. Force Push, Force Stun, anything you can to slow that chick down, cos she's in your face and you're tasting her spittle, and it's not a happy place to be.
If she's Juyo and you're a hybrid, you'll probably die. Carnage and Rage can be taken down, but Juyo's self heals prevail in the end.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

TipsyDrow
10.29.2012 , 05:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AsiriusNazriel View Post
If she's Juyo and you're a hybrid, you'll probably die. Carnage and Rage can be taken down, but Juyo's self heals prevail in the end.
I generally do most of that stuff if given time, toss on weaken mind that slows on top of force slow. I'm specced to heal and survive as a hybrid though so I'm not killin any maras 1v1 the best I get is a stalemate, they give up and leap to another target. As a healer all I'm looking for with a dps like that is a stalemate. What normally happens though is when the mara gets frustrated of chasing me about he calls for help, and rightly so. You don't let a healer roam around alive. Sadly Not much I can do against a 3 vs lil ol me. I die,respawn and go back at it. I have killed a handful of maras, but honestly...they were really really baaaaad. Those guys do not stick on me, they don't slow me they don't use the aoe mez, step back and leap again...they allow me to kite and actually damage them....Cmon, i hit like a wet noodle. The really good Maras, I bubble stun, weaken mind (slow specced) wait 1 sec, force push with a root,force slow and then run screaming like a frightened school girl around the pillar spamming heals on myself. only to run into that powertech....*lesigh* It burns precious!!!
Brëanne-GuardianSynafaee-Sage

Aeringunnr-PowertechIxzaluah-Sorceress

Davina-lucina-JuggernautAnnälisä-Mercenary

Liëllanna-Operative Kävä-Assassin

Yiffinator
10.29.2012 , 05:53 PM | #7
Silly sage, one marauder isn't the problem.

Ahebish
10.29.2012 , 05:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ycoga View Post
information is king!

1. Nerf concealment & scrappers.
fixed*

AsiriusNazriel
10.29.2012 , 05:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TipsyDrow View Post
I generally do most of that stuff if given time, toss on weaken mind that slows on top of force slow. I'm specced to heal and survive as a hybrid though so I'm not killin any maras 1v1 the best I get is a stalemate, they give up and leap to another target. As a healer all I'm looking for with a dps like that is a stalemate. What normally happens though is when the mara gets frustrated of chasing me about he calls for help, and rightly so. You don't let a healer roam around alive. Sadly Not much I can do against a 3 vs lil ol me. I die,respawn and go back at it. I have killed a handful of maras, but honestly...they were really really baaaaad. Those guys do not stick on me, they don't slow me they don't use the aoe mez, step back and leap again...they allow me to kite and actually damage them....Cmon, i hit like a wet noodle. The really good Maras, I bubble stun, weaken mind (slow specced) wait 1 sec, force push with a root,force slow and then run screaming like a frightened school girl around the pillar spamming heals on myself. only to run into that powertech....*lesigh* It burns precious!!!
It's a legit strategy, and if you can LOS you can draw it out for a very long time. I wish the problem with hybrids wasn't the bubble helped their survivability. Unfortunately the problem is the griefing of the entire WZ. But yeah, good job with being elusive. That's how you play it, gl.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

Ahebish
10.29.2012 , 05:56 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
The woman is a lady.
Is she hot?