Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Force Schroud nerf for Darkness

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Force Schroud nerf for Darkness

floriwie's Avatar


floriwie
10.29.2012 , 04:30 AM | #1
Hi everybody,

I was missing lately and completely missed the reasoning behind the Force Shroud nerf for Darkness (cooldown gone up from 45s to 60s)....

I understand the new skill should take it down again with every block, defense and resist but when we think bosses fights like SOA or Stormcaller, which only have un-shieldable attacks, I don't remember defensing or resisting that much of their attacks....

So the bosses we need the force shroud (while they only have force or tech attacks) we have a longer cooldown and for the bosses that are making white attack we have a shorter cooldown in which Force Shroud CD is useless....

I can only say ***......

So anybody from Development Team did take time to explain this logic?

BlznSmri's Avatar


BlznSmri
10.29.2012 , 05:28 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by floriwie View Post
Hi everybody,

I was missing lately and completely missed the reasoning behind the Force Shroud nerf for Darkness (cooldown gone up from 45s to 60s)....

I understand the new skill should take it down again with every block, defense and resist but when we think bosses fights like SOA or Stormcaller, which only have un-shieldable attacks, I don't remember defensing or resisting that much of their attacks....

So the bosses we need the force shroud (while they only have force or tech attacks) we have a longer cooldown and for the bosses that are making white attack we have a shorter cooldown in which Force Shroud CD is useless....

I can only say ***......

So anybody from Development Team did take time to explain this logic?
If anyone's having trouble tanking SoA this late in the game, on any difficulty, has bigger issues to worry about. On a particularly bad night I've tanked, and killed, him nearly a minute after he enraged.

As for Stormcaller the boss himself doesn't do very much damage so long as your dps aren't challenged in the head and successfully take DD for you, the only times you really have to worry about taking damage is during the Trandoshan/ Kiting phases which dependent on your DPS are only about a minute a part.

You've got to remember as well, the other tanks have 4% less Elemental/ Internal resistance than Shadows/ Sins, and their cool downs that reduce Force/ Tech (and by extension Elemental/ Internal) only absorb 25%-40% (Saber Ward and Reactive Shield/ Energy Shield being 25%, Warding Call/ Invincible being 40%) are each on 2-3 minute cooldowns.

Adding 15 seconds to a defensive that now has a Dynamic Cooldown is hardly a nerf. If anything, it can be considered a buff since it can effectively have a CD of less than 45 seconds on a number of other fights.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

floriwie's Avatar


floriwie
10.29.2012 , 06:44 AM | #3
It is only a buff if u block and shield something, if that is not happening that mean Force Shroud has no use in that fight anyway....

I never said personally, I have a problem with SOA or Stormcaller, I am running around with full Black Hole and these bosses are jokes anyway now....

But tell that to a guy trying to Tank SOA in Tionese partial Columi, I am sure he is not finding that funny, force shroud in that gear level is the only way to Survive enraged SOA pillars having them in 60s CD instead of 45 will make a difference...

BlznSmri's Avatar


BlznSmri
10.29.2012 , 04:45 PM | #4
A partial Tionese/ Columni tank is more than adequate for Story Mode Soa.

A skilled tank knows how to do the last phase of Soa without getting crushed by the pillars so Resilience/ Force Shroud is completely unnecessary.

You're crying foul for two specific encounters in which Shadows and Assassin's already have a natural advantage. This change is by no means game breaking and is pretty much a buff on every other fight in the game.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

CBRGhostRider's Avatar


CBRGhostRider
10.29.2012 , 11:49 PM | #5
Guess it is a nerf for hybrid sintanks wearing dps gear in pvp. With the lack of defense/shield on the dps gear, they won't see the cd reduction for shroud in pvp...
Spoiler

floriwie's Avatar


floriwie
10.31.2012 , 09:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BlznSmri View Post
A partial Tionese/ Columni tank is more than adequate for Story Mode Soa.

A skilled tank knows how to do the last phase of Soa without getting crushed by the pillars so Resilience/ Force Shroud is completely unnecessary.

You're crying foul for two specific encounters in which Shadows and Assassin's already have a natural advantage. This change is by no means game breaking and is pretty much a buff on every other fight in the game.
Which advantage you are speaking of, %3 extra force/tech attack resistance against PT and Jug tanks or what? You know that we have %15 less armor mitigation compared to them, so really no, I don't think our %3 is helping us really that much....

And I am telling about guys in gear level (and experience) of Tionese/Columi and u are expecting them get out of the pillar in the last second before it drops....

When I was that level, just not to be reason that we will be missing a pillar and fuuuck the whole operation I was sitting and eating that pillar....

And I was trying to beat SOA in HM when I was partial Tionese/Columi....

And if again PVP is a reason to nerf PVE well again, weel done....

BlznSmri's Avatar


BlznSmri
10.31.2012 , 10:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by floriwie View Post
Which advantage you are speaking of, %3 extra force/tech attack resistance against PT and Jug tanks or what? You know that we have %15 less armor mitigation compared to them, so really no, I don't think our %3 is helping us really that much....
8% heal every 10-12 seconds, 65% chance at a ~1% heal every 4.5 seconds, 10% heal every 2 minutes (doubles the healing of Combat Technique/ Assassin equivalent).

The armor loss is there to offset all that. Not to mention that on every other fight Shadows/ Sins have 20% additional Shield Chance with a potential 100% up time.

Quote: Originally Posted by floriwie View Post
And I am telling about guys in gear level (and experience) of Tionese/Columi and u are expecting them get out of the pillar in the last second before it drops....
It's an adapt or die situation. By about the 3rd or 4th attempt on that phase most decent tanks should have it figured out.

Quote: Originally Posted by floriwie View Post
When I was that level, just not to be reason that we will be missing a pillar and fuuuck the whole operation I was sitting and eating that pillar....

And I was trying to beat SOA in HM when I was partial Tionese/Columi....
Then you were under geared because HM is balanced around being in Columi gear.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
11.01.2012 , 12:17 AM | #8
Never mind that since a second of the active cooldown is skived off everytime you shield/parry/deflect an attack. THIS is actually a buff for MANY fights, as I timed an average of 40s CD on them.

Just saying, maybe you should look at the big picture instead of ONE boss, before coming to cry at the "injustice" on the forum.