Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Status on new PvP content?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Status on new PvP content?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xaintis
10.31.2012 , 02:44 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I don't believe hypergates was ever promised for 1.5. In fact I think I remember them specifically saying that it would not be in 1.5 when 1.4 came out, but I've been wrong before.
AFAIK they've never said anything about it being in 1.5.

Legendari
10.31.2012 , 03:27 PM | #22
Not sure why it's so difficult to crank out a new WZ every few months. Box off some random section of an existing area, put some platforms and jump pads in, draw a line at each end, and you have another Huttball map. The same could be done with Novare Coast and Civil War, which are both extremely basic warzones. Heck, they've released more operations than warzones and those are way more complex. Even a big empty room where everyone just has a big chaotic deathmatch brawl would be better than nothing
<Wanted> The Shadowlands
Legend - 60 Assassin Explosith - 60 Powertech

Polebreaker
10.31.2012 , 04:11 PM | #23
I'm just wondering who is doing this "heaving testing", and how much of it is required...

Arkerus
10.31.2012 , 04:50 PM | #24
So before year end? Not bad at all. One year has gone by and we already have 5 WZs. I think that's pretty good considering all the flak this game gets by its own player base for not having enough content.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Nilrem
10.31.2012 , 07:25 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Legendari View Post
Not sure why it's so difficult to crank out a new WZ every few months. Box off some random section of an existing area, put some platforms and jump pads in, draw a line at each end, and you have another Huttball map. The same could be done with Novare Coast and Civil War, which are both extremely basic warzones. Heck, they've released more operations than warzones and those are way more complex. Even a big empty room where everyone just has a big chaotic deathmatch brawl would be better than nothing
I would like a free for all WZ where the winner is determined by how many kills in 5 mins. It would be a quick WZ but fun for all.
Drae'lin
Revenant Order
The Ebon Hawk

Ansalem
10.31.2012 , 08:54 PM | #26
if the new pvp content is supposedly in a 'heavy testing' phase then why isn't it even on PTR? Why can't you guys copy our chars to PTR and pop the new content on there for us to test?

Asturias
10.31.2012 , 09:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone! I asked Damion Schubert for any news or information we can share. There are many questions about the topic, but he did have a bit to say about new Warzone content:

Fear not! New Warzone content is in heavy testing and should be in the next major patch after 1.5. We hesitate to give exact timing, but definitely before the year's end.
Nice and great news, thanks =)
The greatest Star Wars story, that was ever told.
A hunter, a seeker, and a killer for hire
Asturias (Lonestar Legacy)
Jung Ma RP PvP

Glower
11.01.2012 , 07:27 AM | #28
1/1.5 wz per year with their really small size... Very bad.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

DaBurganaut
11.01.2012 , 07:41 AM | #29
Maybe it's just me but anyone else feel like those of us PvP'ers have been getting pushed to the side as far as new stuff for us?!? I love PvPing in this game and at times it can get a little so called boring but for me it's only because we are so limited to the ammount of WZ's we have. I plan on keeping my sub for the simple fact that I enjoy pvping with my Sniper. I have my fingers crossed and will remain hopeful we will finally get some new stuff like WZ's, the never ending preseason to finally come to an end, and hell maybe even cross server PvP! Until then I look forward to more killing and even more deaths!

AshlaBoga
11.02.2012 , 02:32 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone! I asked Damion Schubert for any news or information we can share. There are many questions about the topic, but he did have a bit to say about new Warzone content:

Fear not! New Warzone content is in heavy testing and should be in the next major patch after 1.5. We hesitate to give exact timing, but definitely before the year's end.
Hiya Allison!

Your posts are always a pleasure.

Slightly off topic, but related to the Hypergate Warzone in the E3 trailer, the music that starts at 0:43 and ends at 0:50, will that be in the new Warzone? Cause I LOVE it

Thank you for your post,
AshlaBoga
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!