Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jherad
01.29.2013 , 04:26 PM | #911
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
DPS is not a problem with mercs.
Broken a million damage in a warzone yet have you?
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Henu
01.29.2013 , 04:37 PM | #912
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Broken a million damage in a warzone yet have you?
Twice. but im not proud of it totally due to 3 good healers on both sides. I average about 300k damage per round but good games go up too 450 - 500k. DPS has never been our problem, we have too many cast, just cant move about a lot.
Kripty / Snips

cashogy_reborn
01.29.2013 , 04:42 PM | #913
yeah, im going to agree that DPS output is not our issue.

its the ability to maintain that DPS output that is the problem.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Jherad
01.29.2013 , 04:45 PM | #914
Twice. but im not proud of it totally due to 3 good healers on both sides. I average about 300k damage per round but good games go up too 450 - 500k. DPS has never been our problem, we have too many cast, just cant move about a lot.
Fantastic, I look forward to a screenshot. If true, that may well make you the highest damage Merc in the entire game. Given that all the screenshots you post point to 'good but not spectacular pvp DPS for a merc' (700 or so), put me in the 'doubting thomas' camp.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...23#post5791323

Heh.

Now go check out the PvP records thread and see what real DPS can do.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=572972

Obviously dominated by Juggs, Maras, PTs and Sins (or their mirrors). I used to believe we did pretty good damage - heck, I'm no slouch - but I'm now convinced that there isn't a merc/mando playing who can do that kind of damage.
Youtube / Twitch

T-Assassin
01.29.2013 , 04:55 PM | #915
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
yeah, im going to agree that DPS output is not our issue.

its the ability to maintain that DPS output that is the problem.
semantics, brotha.

even in ideal situations, where the class can maximize it DPS potential, Merc is still roughly 10% less that it's PT/VG counterpart. and even lesser than Snipers and Marauders.

plug in the fact that for a Merc and ideal situations is allowing them to cast unmolested, that scenario is quite rarer.

which is why you see so few top damage SS's of Mercs and even fewer top parses in PvE from Mercs.

proof is in the pudding...dps is NOT fine.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

T-Assassin
01.29.2013 , 04:56 PM | #916
Fantastic, I look forward to a screenshot. If true, that may well make you the highest damage Merc in the entire game. Given that all the screenshots you post point to 'good but not spectacular pvp DPS for a merc' (700 or so), put me in the 'doubting thomas' camp.

Heh.

Obviously dominated by Juggs, Maras, PTs and Sins (or their mirrors).
this guy gets it :P
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Henu
01.29.2013 , 05:09 PM | #917

Heh.

Obviously dominated by Juggs, Maras, PTs and Sins (or their mirrors). I used to believe we did pretty good damage - heck, I'm no slouch - but I'm now convinced that there isn't a merc/mando playing who can do that kind of damage.
its coz i havent loaded them up onto the net, its because like i said it was teams of healers, everyone had high numbers and its not worth bragging about.

What i do get excited about is games with 40 kills no deaths and 400k + damage because thats proving something imo.. but i will load those SS for you after work.

And i have seen bigger DPS scores on merc than mine FYI
Kripty / Snips

Jherad
01.29.2013 , 05:33 PM | #918
its coz i havent loaded them up onto the net, its because like i said it was teams of healers, everyone had high numbers and its not worth bragging about.

What i do get excited about is games with 40 kills no deaths and 400k + damage because thats proving something imo.. but i will load those SS for you after work.

I'm uploading a video now from the other night where I broke 900 dps (It looks like about 460k damage over a warzone a little over 8 mins long). Its still a looooong way from coming anywhere close to the output of the real DPS classes.

Which is my point. There are some of the top mercs posting here. You, me, ArchangelLBC, Cash, Skillex (is back I think), Phaser and many more. We represent a wealth of experience, and have beaten the odds in more ways than one. And our damage output is *pitiful* in comparison to the top players from other classes. Forget 900-1000 dps in a warzone. Try 1700. Forget a million damage, try 1.5 million.
Youtube / Twitch

cashogy_reborn
01.29.2013 , 05:57 PM | #919

this guy has the right idea.

that stupid "utlimate records" thread makes me laugh. ive hit 800k once on my Merc and it was ages ago, pre-WH iirc. that entire thread is farms against crappy players.

want to know how to get 1mil+ damage? the other team needs 3+ healers, and you need everyone on your team to NOT shoot them.

if your team actually focuses healers, youre never going to put up 1mil damage.
if your team accomplishes objectives efficiently and ends the warzone quickly, youre never going to put up 1mil damage.

damage farm WZs are not impressive. i dont understand why people use them as some kind of benchmark, as the circumstances required to reproduce those kinds of stats is far more dependent on the composition of the other team.

here is the highest damage screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/V67N0.jpg
>3million healing on the opposing team, and the top healer never died. 1.65 MILLION damage and 30 kills. that is 55,000 damage for every kill. what an impressive show of offensive prowess

the faster you kill things the worse your DPS will be, as you are losing uptime against your targets. how often do you go an entire warzone engaged in combat start to finish? probably never. you die, your opponents die, they run away, etc. something breaks combat. and in that time, your DPS for the entire warzone is falling like a rock b/c you are doing no damage.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Jherad
01.29.2013 , 06:18 PM | #920
I get your point, I really do. And yes, those staged warzones aren't 'real pvp'.

But you know what? There's nobody here *capable* of that, staged or not (I'm talking about class mechanics here, not talent). If there were, you'd see examples of it, if only for fun.

Heck, I know people on my server who break a million+, and they're not messing around.
Youtube / Twitch