Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

yoomazir
01.21.2013 , 08:04 AM | #821
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
It's ok guys, class balance is fine. Rob Hinkle said so.
*pffff*
hehehe
kuhkuhkuh
ohohohohohoh
hihihihihihihihihihihi

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hey, Robby, come face me with your FULL ELITE WAR HERO GEARED merc against my RECRUIT MK2 Powertech/Maraudeur if you want a good laugh.

MelodicSixNine
01.21.2013 , 08:06 AM | #822
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
I envy you. I wish i hadn't made two level 50 Mercenaries.
W-Why would you do that?

PerinnAybara
01.21.2013 , 08:17 AM | #823
Quote: Originally Posted by MelodicSixNine View Post
W-Why would you do that?
I leveled up my first merc as a healer. I levelled my second merc through pure pvp as a pyrotech mercenary. It was to learn the class from the ground up.

Yeah I know, stupid.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Bluntron
01.21.2013 , 02:02 PM | #824
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
just got my powertech to 50, and move most of my gear from my merc

even using Recruit mainhand/offhand, i am killing it. what i am doing on my Powertech takes a crapload of effort, and finger master skills, on my merc

its nice to not play a gimped class for once tho
i made a vanguard and im only lvl 13 and in pvp its just....sad how stupid op i am

T-Assassin
01.21.2013 , 02:12 PM | #825
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
i made a vanguard and im only lvl 13 and in pvp its just....sad how stupid op i am
like i said before...night and day.

and its the SHARED tree!!!!

this game's balance, PvP especially, is in complete disarray. the lack of acknowledgement, in fact the comment stating quite the opposite, was the straw for me.

i've stayed around entirely too long. 9+ months of imbalanced Mercs and many forums post attempting to help solve the issue...

nothing...nothing.

quite the opposite, in fact.

i'm not gonna pay to get buttf**ked and ignored, any more.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

cashogy
01.21.2013 , 07:33 PM | #826
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
like i said before...night and day.

and its the SHARED tree!!!!

this game's balance, PvP especially, is in complete disarray. the lack of acknowledgement, in fact the comment stating quite the opposite, was the straw for me.

i've stayed around entirely too long. 9+ months of imbalanced Mercs and many forums post attempting to help solve the issue...

nothing...nothing.

quite the opposite, in fact.

i'm not gonna pay to get buttf**ked and ignored, any more.
i feel ya. but im gonna ride the powertech high for a bit. I HIT A RAILSHOT FOR 5k ZOMGZ

but yeah its a faceroll spec for sure. and nothing can stop me. its great lol

DariusCalera
01.21.2013 , 10:33 PM | #827
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
i feel ya. but im gonna ride the powertech high for a bit. I HIT A RAILSHOT FOR 5k ZOMGZ

but yeah its a faceroll spec for sure. and nothing can stop me. its great lol
I've got a 50 VG to go along with my commando and even though he is not nearly as optimized, I've done stuff with him that I never could have dreamed with my commando. However, I still like playing my commando in pvp simply because shooting a leaping marauder out of the air with a DR is hilarious.

ArchangelLBC
01.22.2013 , 02:13 AM | #828
Got my sent to 50 yesterday. Hate bubble stuns soooooo much, but combat is a fun spec with ridiculous utility. Will probably succumb to the dark side soon and go derp spec.

Meanwhile just hit 10 with my vanguard. Bad things are gonna happen to good people.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

PerinnAybara
01.22.2013 , 06:20 AM | #829
I love how the biggest supporters of this thread have all rolled Powertechs.

I hate myself.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Mossesman
01.22.2013 , 07:22 AM | #830
Commando Gunnery damage is fine. I can normally either top DPS boards or usually get a respectable amount (this is normally when im against Focus/Rage and DPS PT's/Vanguards). The only thing Gunnery needs is a defensive cooldown which makes us immune to all forms of CC (including slows, roots, pulls and being jumped to) and interrupts.

Also, the only thing i would change in our skill tree is Cover Fire. At the moment, it has a 50%/100% chance to slow the target by 70% with each hit of full auto. Whilst this can be a useful skill in group situations, in a 1v1 situation against a melee class its pretty pointless. The slow is good, but having to stand still to cast it makes the skill redundant. I would change it to something like -

Suppression
Full Auto has a 50%/100% chance to slow the target by 70% for 8 seconds.

This means that once you finish casting Full Auto, you will still have 4 - 5 seconds breathing room. It will also add a bit more utility to your group, something which Gunnery Commandos severely lack.
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow