Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DariusCalera
01.11.2013 , 08:28 PM | #721
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post

friendly wager?

i'm going with they will attempt to placate to the long time suffering of the Mercenary class by giving them something quite overpowered.

only to be blown up in the forums and nerfed in an emergency patch.

as far as the wager...could be gentlemen's bet...something of value (don't think u are on the Garbinger...get it..garbage, oh, HO...whew!)

or something humiliating...like q'ing for RWZ's and SS'ing 10 matches to post here.

are you up for it? :P
If they actually give us something new, I don't think that the ability itself will be inherently OP. What will happen though is that the mercs and mandos that have become skilled in operating their toons under the current conditions will finally have an ability, or abilities, that put us on par with other classes and the end result is the other classes getting roflstomped.

Resulting QQ and instant nerf will still be the same though.

Aaoogaa
01.11.2013 , 11:50 PM | #722
Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that if they make dps commando viable in rated then we would be considered overpowered for normal Qs...therefore you will see no improvement in performance against the other classes. This AC will always be fail because of this. I have switched to saboteur gunslinger and it is everything this AC should have been without the cool armor...if they nerf that then I will be done with playing anything but my OP Jedi guardian.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

PerinnAybara
01.12.2013 , 03:00 AM | #723
The answer is no.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

T-Assassin
01.12.2013 , 05:31 PM | #724
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Sorry boss Won't happen again!
found this on the bottom of page 3...

you and AALBC must be busy watching that awesome AFC Div. Playoff!!
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Bluntron
01.12.2013 , 06:48 PM | #725
Vanguard crits me with HIB for 5007......the most I have ever gotten is 4.3 or around there. And I am max/min.

cashogy
01.12.2013 , 06:51 PM | #726
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
Vanguard crits me with HIB for 5007......the most I have ever gotten is 4.3 or around there. And I am max/min.
same. Rail Shot is typically 3.5-4k. ill get the occasional 4.5k hit against a sorc/sage. i *almost* broke 5k last night w/ Thermal Detonator, 4997. SO CLOSE

DariusCalera
01.12.2013 , 11:04 PM | #727
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
same. Rail Shot is typically 3.5-4k. ill get the occasional 4.5k hit against a sorc/sage. i *almost* broke 5k last night w/ Thermal Detonator, 4997. SO CLOSE
Hit a 5.2K Demo Round against a marauder with all 5 Grav Vortex debuffs. Dummy stood there and let me shoot him.

cashogy
01.12.2013 , 11:22 PM | #728
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Hit a 5.2K Demo Round against a marauder with all 5 Grav Vortex debuffs. Dummy stood there and let me shoot him.
eh, arsenal/gunnery doesnt have any problems breaking 5k with hsm/dr. when i feel like derping around i will spec into it. my biggest hit is like 5.8k i think

ArchangelLBC
01.13.2013 , 07:27 AM | #729
I always love how the HiB from a commando with a huge assault cannon does less damage than the HiB from a Vanguard with a riifle.

GG BW. GG.

And seriously, you guys are pretty hopeful. Remember, Commando was balanced to be in another game where TO is considered a good top level ability cooldown, and not a cheesy way to get an instant CC off.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

HexDecimalUK
01.13.2013 , 10:25 AM | #730
Second this! the snot rounds give them away so much and being healer means they are even easier to kill! kolto missile is also really awkward and often too slow to it's mark. Mercs are nowhere near as good as sorc or op healers ever and thats even when they tunnel for heal scores. and too right they need an escape that would actually be a fair nerf for the mercs to because when they are under pressure and decide to go down firing with disregard to heat they are sincerely DPS dump trucks some classes may prefer if they opted to disengage instead of leaving 10 stacks of fire DOTs.

For heals- Snot rounds should haste the CD on their bubble and buff it so if players see them they know its coming from something thats not going down easily or easily as they do.

For in general Auto-armour. this is a mechanic that saved crysis 3. if a merc maxes their heat then their bubble should auto deploy (as a safety measure to protect their alies from melt down this is balanced because if a merc is careless they can deploy their shields prematurely so slow down with that rocket spam bub. but if they are dived on by say a ravage attack and are quick enough to dump out they're abilities the auto Armour will give them a fighting chance in CQC then if they have conserved their vent heat and are heal spec they cant be interrupted or if in pyro they can kite back.

Also a disengage should be an actual jet escape as ive said so many times target the area and fly to it but as above make it require the merc to be fully over heated and it can be a means of venting gas.

as for but hurt mercs You are dump trucks! mobile turrets or walking bombers either way you're job is to out DPS the enemy so get you're rotations in order, get you're heals where you can reach em and i can't stress this enough L2pick you're situations! sneak attacks, support fire,AOEs, stay with you're team in WZs and CC companions in PvPworlds you are ranged tacticians not ninjas