Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RazielHex
01.06.2013 , 04:57 PM | #651
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
You clearly don't understand how to use your stun/knock back to move away. Shield to lessen some of the damage you take when things are getting hairy. If you are trying to cast moves while you are fighting a melee class clearly you aren't trying to kite. You must not have trained your cleanse either so that sucks for you.
The knockback is ineffective because force leaps/charges, and obliterates can be used while the opponent is still in mid-air. They don't even have to land. In less than a second they've back on you, and you've recharged their shockwave so they can crit-smash you again.

Shield only lessens *ranged* damage. It does not mitigate melee attacks. Cleanse does not get rid of force-based effects, so only fire-effects and poison-effects used by other Troopers/Bounty Hunters and Agents/Smugglers are mitigated. It won't remove any melee snare.

The only abilities that can be used while on the move are things like explosive dart, rapid shots, and the missile blast. That's it. Three attacks. Using the root punch is also not effective because the amount of time they're rooted: 1) You are always in melee range, so you eat a ravage/master strike, and 2) By the time you move out of melee range, you won't have the time to get off any casted moves.

Sleprock
01.06.2013 , 04:59 PM | #652
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
The knockback is ineffective because force leaps/charges, and obliterates can be used while the opponent is still in mid-air. They don't even have to land. In less than a second they've back on you, and you've recharged their shockwave so they can crit-smash you again.
He's just a noob troll that thinks he knows what he's talking about. Don't feed his appetite.

RazielHex
01.06.2013 , 05:01 PM | #653
Quote: Originally Posted by Sleprock View Post
He's just a noob troll that thinks he knows what he's talking about. Don't feed his appetite.
OH I WASN'T DONE
/neckroll

HoboWithAStick
01.06.2013 , 05:15 PM | #654
While you guys are getting destroyed cause you are still trying to figure out how to move and use your insta cast moves on the go here is what I can do at level 17

http://i47.tinypic.com/m78kfs.jpg

Sorry for it being blurry.
Name Analette, level 17 in pic (now 21)
Damage 340053

If you don't believe me just look it up I play on POTF and will be on later tonight if you guys want help with your class just send me a tell and I'd be more then happy to try.

Dabrixmgp
01.06.2013 , 05:16 PM | #655
While you guys are getting destroyed cause you are still trying to figure out how to move and use your insta cast moves on the go here is what I can do at level 17

http://i47.tinypic.com/m78kfs.jpg

Sorry for it being blurry.
Name Analette, level 17 in pic (now 21)
Damage 340053

If you don't believe me just look it up I play on POTF and will be on later tonight if you guys want help with your class just send me a tell and I'd be more then happy to try.
cant tell if serious.

Darth_Exar
01.06.2013 , 05:18 PM | #656
I think this is a learn to play issue. At level 17 I've done 1v1's against 40 melee classes coming out on top. From my experince as playing mostly melee I notice mercs don't use all their tools and just stand there while they get shreaded.
Learn to kite and learn to play.
One moment I need to check my pulse; might have died from laughing.
You should be a comedian.
Quote: Originally Posted by athenaprime View Post
But at least there's Mako. Nice, normal Mako. All six of her.
"So this is how Liberty dies....With thunderous applause."

RazielHex
01.06.2013 , 05:32 PM | #657
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
cant tell if serious.
He's really dedicated.

CommanderKeeva
01.06.2013 , 07:43 PM | #658
I just started playing a merc and this is what I have to say.

Mercs to lack some form of instant escape like a sorc.

However unlike sorcs mercs have a ton of insta cast high damage moves
All mercs-explosive dart, railshot, rocket punch, missleblast (Not recomended for spam lol)
Exclusive moves- Thermal grenade, incendiary missle, heatseeker missle,

Not to mention instant damage channel moves, flamethrower, unload.

A 360 degree knock back that throws out a slow and can be talented to 4 more meters.

I think this is a learn to play issue. At level 17 I've done 1v1's against 40 melee classes coming out on top. From my experince as playing mostly melee I notice mercs don't use all their tools and just stand there while they get shreaded.
Learn to kite and learn to play.
Wow....just wow.....I'm speechless.

Might I inquire as to how many rated warzones you have done at level 17?
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

cashogy
01.06.2013 , 07:54 PM | #659
the 10-49 bracket is in no way representative of performance of a class at level 50, or of that class at the highest level of play.

you are going against opponents who do not have all of their abilities, all of their talent points, etc. as a Merc, this means you are potentially (likely tbh) facing opponents with no interrupt, fewer utility abilities, etc etc.

in the lowbie bracket, melee classes really do not come into their own until the high 30s to low 40s. they dont have all of their utility skills for staying alive, closing gaps, etc yet. which gives range the slight upperhand.

Merc is very good in the lowbie bracket. But that is not a competitive environment. I hope that clears things up so that we can all stop feeding the troll/ignorant person
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
01.06.2013 , 08:29 PM | #660
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
the 10-49 bracket is in no way representative of performance of a class at level 50, or of that class at the highest level of play.

you are going against opponents who do not have all of their abilities, all of their talent points, etc. as a Merc, this means you are potentially (likely tbh) facing opponents with no interrupt, fewer utility abilities, etc etc.

in the lowbie bracket, melee classes really do not come into their own until the high 30s to low 40s. they dont have all of their utility skills for staying alive, closing gaps, etc yet. which gives range the slight upperhand.

Merc is very good in the lowbie bracket. But that is not a competitive environment. I hope that clears things up so that we can all stop feeding the troll/ignorant person
Not to mention gear. Other classes' damage really starts ramping up as they get war hero gear. Commando does too, but not to the extent of others. Smash in the lowbie bracket is ok. In the 50 bracket it's insane.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd