Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArchangelLBC
01.06.2013 , 03:15 AM | #641
Bump, justice, etc.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Swampchicken
01.06.2013 , 02:42 PM | #642
Bump from a long time commando that just wants to be taken seriously in competitive pvp.

HoboWithAStick
01.06.2013 , 03:43 PM | #643
I just started playing a merc and this is what I have to say.

Mercs to lack some form of instant escape like a sorc.

However unlike sorcs mercs have a ton of insta cast high damage moves
All mercs-explosive dart, railshot, rocket punch, missleblast (Not recomended for spam lol)
Exclusive moves- Thermal grenade, incendiary missle, heatseeker missle,

Not to mention instant damage channel moves, flamethrower, unload.

A 360 degree knock back that throws out a slow and can be talented to 4 more meters.

I think this is a learn to play issue. At level 17 I've done 1v1's against 40 melee classes coming out on top. From my experince as playing mostly melee I notice mercs don't use all their tools and just stand there while they get shreaded.
Learn to kite and learn to play.

Jherad
01.06.2013 , 03:57 PM | #644
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
I think this is a learn to play issue. At level 17 I've done 1v1's against 40 melee classes coming out on top. From my experince as playing mostly melee I notice mercs don't use all their tools and just stand there while they get shreaded.
Hahah, obvious troll is obvious. Come back here when you're all grown up, kiddywink.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

HoboWithAStick
01.06.2013 , 04:25 PM | #645
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Hahah, obvious troll is obvious. Come back here when you're all grown up, kiddywink.
So are you saying that you suck the more you play? Really, if merc players did simple things like move while melee are on them they might live for more then 4 secs. And if you have a bunch of people beating on you of course you are going down, there is no class in the game that doesn't go down.

Mercs need to learn their place, stand off to the sides and move around the map. Maybe you wouldn't get focused if you didn't stand on top of the node spamming missles everywhere. Learn to play.

Repodicus
01.06.2013 , 04:31 PM | #646
Heck give us a Damage shield effect that'll teach those melee's from wack'n on us with skicks.

Azrienov
01.06.2013 , 04:33 PM | #647
So are you saying that you suck the more you play? Really, if merc players did simple things like move while melee are on them they might live for more then 4 secs. And if you have a bunch of people beating on you of course you are going down, there is no class in the game that doesn't go down.

Mercs need to learn their place, stand off to the sides and move around the map. Maybe you wouldn't get focused if you didn't stand on top of the node spamming missles everywhere. Learn to play.
Get to fifty. Then tell me I need to learn my place. Otherwise, get off the thread. You clearly have no advanced experience with this class. All leaps root, and all melee snare. Arsenal is killed outright by one decently placed interrupt, and pyro is a poor reflection of a well designed AC.

Hit 50, and feel the need to reroll. Everyone I've talked to agrees merc has no place in RWZ and is on the bottom of the dogpile as PvP classes go.

Grind to 50.

Then we can hear all about how its a learn to play issue from you.

HoboWithAStick
01.06.2013 , 04:44 PM | #648
You clearly don't understand how to use your stun/knock back to move away. Shield to lessen some of the damage you take when things are getting hairy. If you are trying to cast moves while you are fighting a melee class clearly you aren't trying to kite. You must not have trained your cleanse either so that sucks for you.

cashogy
01.06.2013 , 04:45 PM | #649
I just started playing a merc and this is what I have to say.

Mercs to lack some form of instant escape like a sorc.

However unlike sorcs mercs have a ton of insta cast high damage moves
All mercs-explosive dart, railshot, rocket punch, missleblast (Not recomended for spam lol)
Exclusive moves- Thermal grenade, incendiary missle, heatseeker missle,

Not to mention instant damage channel moves, flamethrower, unload.

A 360 degree knock back that throws out a slow and can be talented to 4 more meters.

nope.

Jherad
01.06.2013 , 04:56 PM | #650
You clearly don't understand how to use your stun/knock back to move away. Shield to lessen some of the damage you take when things are getting hairy. If you are trying to cast moves while you are fighting a melee class clearly you aren't trying to kite. You must not have trained your cleanse either so that sucks for you.
No seriously, come back when you're all grown up.

I'm not joking. You haven't a *clue* how it works at level 50. Not a single clue.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol