Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DirtyDusty
12.14.2012 , 01:10 PM | #541
Yeah i just canceled my sub and told them in the exit survey that i was leaving because of commandos class imbalance and i may be back if they increase our survivability. I doubt they even read that crap though but i guess i did what i could. Of course i did play other classes but commando was my favorite.

DarthBloodloss
12.14.2012 , 01:54 PM | #542
These threads are so old and numerous, I can't possibly keep up with all of them. So in doing my part, I will leave some random thoughts and also bump this post.
---
I have been a strong supporter of trying to get Instant Cast Power Shots. But I've been having second thoughts due to the possibility of one build. A build with Kolto Missile and Instant Power Shots would be the ultimate kiter. They wont have the best DPS, but perma snare with a decent attack such as power shot could lead to kiting that's too easy.

Maybe they would have to remove the Snare from Kolto Missile, and add the snare back when the toon is using Combat Support Cylinder. (so the snare would be healer specific.) Or something along those lines
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Bluntron
12.14.2012 , 11:18 PM | #543
So I found a new pleasure in pyro merc, all I do is run around and use incendiary missle and rapid shots (besides defensive cds).....I have to say its been fun and relaxing.....and ironicly I have been winning more since. But that could just be the rng. So if you every have one of those days where youre stressing because youre pumping out the deeps, half of the team is always focusing you, and you are still losing the warzone...Just rapid shot and incendiary missle, much more bearable.

Bluntron
12.16.2012 , 12:46 AM | #544
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
So I found a new pleasure in pyro merc, all I do is run around and use incendiary missle and rapid shots (besides defensive cds).....I have to say its been fun and relaxing.....and ironicly I have been winning more since. But that could just be the rng. So if you every have one of those days where youre stressing because youre pumping out the deeps, half of the team is always focusing you, and you are still losing the warzone...Just rapid shot and incendiary missle, much more bearable.
I forgot to add in missle blast. THIS IS JUST TOO FUNNY!

i am absolutely giddy right now because Im still doing just as well as everyone else in reg warzones using 3 buttons. Rapid Shots, Incendiary, and Missle Blast......I have what you call a **** eating grin on my face when i play like this. I have never had so much fun.

ArchangelLBC
12.17.2012 , 02:21 AM | #545
Bump for great justice.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

CJAShadow
12.17.2012 , 02:35 AM | #546
A lot of my friends try to run Commandoes in WZs .... one of them is lvling a Shadow because of how bad the class is.

Its true, long cast bars attract a lot of attention, I seek them out to target myself and use all of my interrupts to perfection to stomp casters.

I suggest another root for Commandoes would do a lot of good, for healers and dps as a defensive cooldown to lead to more strategy in fighting them. Snipers seem to have a good mix of roots/slows/CCs that make them a challenge to fight as a melee character.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin
Cyann- Harbinger

Ycoga
12.17.2012 , 03:06 AM | #547
How about using some alacrity, derps, if long cast bars are getting you down?
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Nightkin
12.17.2012 , 04:16 AM | #548
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
How about using some alacrity, derps, if long cast bars are getting you down?
Oh look, its superman here to save us with his superior intellect

Riggz
12.17.2012 , 08:27 AM | #549
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightkin View Post
Oh look, its superman here to save us with his superior intellect
OMG that guy saved the merc class! Just stack alacrity and all will be well!!!! He saved the day!

/sarcasm off

alarcity = overheated
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Asvarduil
12.17.2012 , 07:08 PM | #550
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggz View Post
alarcity = overheated
This, and the fact that as you stack a stat it takes diminishing returns.

Pretty much, Merc/Comm needs an overhaul. I rolled a Merc and started to PvP, and it's truly appalling. If anyone attacks me, forget winning the fight; I just don't do enough damage.

And this is pre-50 PvP; I shudder to think of Lv.50 PvP.

I was even advised on the Imperial Fleet to just PvE on my merc, and even then, focus on crafting.

So, I'm done criticising. Here is what BioWare can do:

1: Give escapability options to the Merc/Commando - every class but us has one; Marauder/Sentinel has the combat stealth, Scoundrel/Operative has Vanishing Act, Guardian/Jugg have their many Leaps, Vanguard/Powertech if tank spec have a Leap, non-tank have at least a sprint high up the tech tree. The most we have is a repel pulse, which honestly does not do much, and certainly don't have immediately, which would be nice to learn to use as soon as we can PvP.

2: If cast times are not reduced, improve the power of various heals and abilities; we need the ability to DPS on-par with other classes. If power is not improved, reduce the cast times by about 0.5s; heck, make some of our casted abilities instant, but with a short cooldown (e.g. 2-4sec). We don't have options to fight on the run like every other class, which makes us extremely vulnerable and limited. And this is pre-50 I'm talking about.

The Merc/Comm kit is just not suited for PvP; we are a broken class. Fix us.
Most epic PvP forum thread ever. | Tales of the Healer - Latest Episode! [08/30/2013]

Captain Kruhnch (Lv.39 Sawbones) - Shadowlands
Cuddlemuffin (Lv.16 Mercenary) - Shadowlands