Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Smashbrother
12.07.2012 , 09:11 PM | #451
Elemental shaman from WoW had the same problem as dps commandos do. What did Blizz do to solve their problems (if they even did)?

klham
12.08.2012 , 01:03 AM | #452
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaoogaa View Post
Since the devs have pointed out that pillar humping is part of the commando class balance should we be reporting anyone else that is doing it since they are obviously exploiting a commando only ability?
^ hehe

DariusCalera
12.08.2012 , 01:51 AM | #453
Change to Diversion:

Breaks the enemy's current target lock and trooper is unable to be targeted for 9 sec.

swredrage
12.08.2012 , 02:27 AM | #454
from a gunnery commando point of view

fix reactive shield 75% all damage reduction at minimum. almost a must.

give diversion a 4 second stealth, with a talent to burst speed and improve resource generation. I think it would be cool looking to throw up the holo dummies and the toon discapear. Just for the cool factor. may prove to be OP

give the cry grenade the same range as the other grenades. its silly i can't throw it as far ;-) I can't believe this was changed to begin with.

give concussion charge talented a short duration root (similar to sorc/sages) along with reactive shield and cryo gren, would go a long way to surviving smash and assasins.

a insta cast heal similar to sorc/sages advanced medical prob just doesn't cut it

Just a few things off the top of my head that would be helpful, or fun.

Lord_Karsk
12.08.2012 , 03:16 AM | #455
Check this out, according to Rob Hinkle bioware pvp developer SWTOR PvP is almost fine.
So i guess as always they ignore commando/mercenary, not like there is a buff in 1.6.
Check out interview

http://torwars.com/2012/12/07/torwar...er-rob-hinkle/

fungihoujo
12.08.2012 , 03:54 AM | #456
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaoogaa View Post
Since the devs have pointed out that pillar humping is part of the commando class balance should we be reporting anyone else that is doing it since they are obviously exploiting a commando only ability?
I think so- maybe report the devs for being clueless on top of that.

cashogy
12.08.2012 , 02:50 PM | #457
ugh, finally my ban is over

i recommend you guys check out this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=562010
lot of good stuff in it.

and it doesnt look like bioware is releasing *any* class changes with 1.6. seems like a totally good decision, given how PvP will get a lot of focus with that new warzone.........

ArchangelLBC
12.08.2012 , 04:54 PM | #458
LOL what'd you get banned for? Did you use mean language? Also bump.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy
12.08.2012 , 05:00 PM | #459
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
LOL what'd you get banned for? Did you use mean language? Also bump.
i was a little too sassy i guess

Bluntron
12.08.2012 , 06:20 PM | #460
I guess im a poowater pyro merc than. At best I only do 675k damage, thats usually going against a under geared team that has squishy healers, and I get left completely alone.

In a leveled out team with same gear as me, I can only do about 300k to 400k damage, and that's usually being focused and pressured. I have never seen 770k to 880k from anyone on my server as a merc or mando.

So either we were all doing something wrong on PoF server, or I am calling out BS to the trooper who claims to dish out the same amount of damage as jugs/guards. (You guys remember playing that game BS?)

Anyways, I am starting to notice I do better not trying to kite at all when it comes to 1v1 against melee or PT/VG. Sit there take the punishment and hope you hit harder than he does.

I did get into an hour argument with PT on who would win a duel, a pyro merc or a pyro PT. Even though I broke the fight down ability by ability on my side and his, he still claims I have no clue what I am talking about and I am just making up excuses. I pretty much said its illogical for a merc to duel anyone but another merc in 1v1.

Its like asking someone in a mini van to race someone in a lambo.