Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
12.04.2012 , 10:07 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by SharpG View Post
Well at least you have a response from bioware regarding your "escape issues". I have no idea if that's the solution but at least they are acknowledging that commandos/mercs need some love.

But I agree with you apart from a gap closer, that's the last thing we need, once that shoot first/hidden strike is over, the DPS drops SIGNIFICANTLY, we need higher DPS output after we leave stealth frankly :/
you mean our fabricated "escape issues"? that post was just evidence that bioware is vastly out of touch with the actual problems with class balance.

OldRepublicRevan's Avatar


OldRepublicRevan
12.05.2012 , 01:43 AM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
you mean our fabricated "escape issues"? that post was just evidence that bioware is vastly out of touch with the actual problems with class balance.
Dany they will always be out of touch with the most popular aspect of this game so long as they keep releasing 'Meet the Developers' and pumping out more worthless addons and cosmetics. I read most everything you say and I believe you are a true advocate for Mercs/Commandos. If they won't listen to your reason then I doubt Bioware will listen to any of these other guys either.

Though it pains me greatly to admit this I believe our classes best days are far far behind us...

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
12.05.2012 , 02:00 AM | #423
Which is why my commando is a strictly PVE animal where I feel like I'm contributing.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

bmhoff's Avatar


bmhoff
12.05.2012 , 02:20 AM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by DaltarSpitfire View Post
this is the only part i wanted to comment on...or question...
I'm a Arsenal Merc...i PVP as such. i lack helm and gloves of Warhero. however all my gear is Augmented with Advanced Reflex 22s. i run over 1800 Aim, 35/75 crit/surge 100% acc. 110% tech acc. blah blah. the normal damage range for my attacks against any other class are something like this.
Rapid shots = 600 dmg total. (any shielding between 10-25 dmg per hit. so 150 damage tops.)
Missle blast = when used 1100 dmg.(if shielded in any way less than 700.)
Explosive Dart = 800 Dmg. (any shielding around 400)
Tracer Missle = 2200 normal hit, (shielded 1200-1700), Crits are around 2800(a crit vs a shield is around 2400)
HSM w/o tracer 3k, (shields 1200) Crits 4.5k-5.6k (shields 3k)
HSM W/ Tracer 2k (shields 1600) Crits around 3.8k (shields 3.8k)
Fusion Missile 1600 (shields 1100) Doesn't really crit.
Rocket Punch 2k (shields 2k) doesn't crit
Railshot 2k normal 3.4k crit (shields 1800)
Jet Boost (currently doesn't work...when i use it i get knocked back 40 meters..instead of my oponent)
thats all that i use if i use it in pvp.

I avg 300k damage per warzone. i run at least 6 per day...5 days a week. most of the pubs i play avg 450k dmg per wz. if its an elite team we're talking 600k each. so why again do we not need a damage boost? screw more run away abilitys. i'm tried of hitting folks in equal gear for half of what they smack me for. every Sent, Guard, Van, shadow worth his salt can smack me back to back 3 times for over 4k damage. thats less than 6 seconds of combat. not counting their Dots. i got nothing that can compare to that.

now if i'm doing something wrong..(aside from using a merc in pvp) please by all means. let me know. i want to be the most useful pvper i can be while playing a class i enjoy. because its the only reason i play this game.
Am i blind here or are you not using unload? Unload is my bread and butter, goto use that brah!


I dont play ranked because its pretty much dead on my server. Or you face guilds that only do ranked and get wiped /farmed/3capped ect... Random wz is far more rewarding then playing ranked if you loose. Id rather they fixed that issue then any thing els right now. Tho that said i agrea with the statments made that mercs/mando needs something. I can pull a 300k huttball esy not going for goals, i can do a 700k voidstar if im left alone. Pretty much destroy any thing if i get 2 tracers off before they notice. But the downside of doing good dmg is that when you do get focused not even a good player can shut you down. Try to swapp intrupts with a lighting sorc and see who wins? Getting a mara to 20% hp ... no problem , tho in the 4 seconds his imune his likly to get you down to 30% unless you popp shield and run like hell. Id love a 3 sec sprint or jetboost, wont help if you cant root the target or go imune to charge? The new rocket punch is awsome!!! i mean that was a game changer for me in"random" wz made me go arsenal again. I wold like to add 1 thing : Playing healer or dps why ooooh why cant i cleanse force dots/snares/stuns????? COMON its retarded its called cleanse? and i can only cleans **** from agent class and bh class? to be able to cleanse force root/snare and maybe stuns? wold open up the class so much. Think rocket punch root 4 secs no dmg, then cleanse to escape?? or just get rid of pesky sorc snares, war aoe snares ect...

DaltarSpitfire's Avatar


DaltarSpitfire
12.05.2012 , 02:43 AM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by bmhoff View Post
Am i blind here or are you not using unload? Unload is my bread and butter, goto use that brah!
nah your not blind...i was pvping while forum surfing...my games the other night where horribad...so i kinda was like screw it..and was posting..so i did not post everything.
my unload is my heavy hitter...for the most part...i mean if an assassin pops his defence cooldowns it basicly kills all my attacks for those 4-5 seconds. if a mara pops his same thing. i don't recall numbers for mara's / sents..but for shadows and assassins we're talking between 0-25 damage for every attack i have.
Through Fire, Wind and Rain, I've Stood my Ground, For Ages Untold I Stood Alone, Ere The Sun Shone, When This World Was Dark and Cold, I Stood Alone, The Earth Turns, The Wind Fades, And Rain Falls, Yet Still I Stand Alone. I am Spitfire Falcon, Last of My Clan, Dark Lord of Naritus.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
12.05.2012 , 02:45 AM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by bmhoff View Post
Am i blind here or are you not using unload?
if youre blind then so am i

im willing to bet he just forgot to put it in there, as unload is a *massive* part of an Arsenal's damage output.

Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepublicRevan View Post
Dany they will always be out of touch with the most popular aspect of this game so long as they keep releasing 'Meet the Developers' and pumping out more worthless addons and cosmetics. I read most everything you say and I believe you are a true advocate for Mercs/Commandos. If they won't listen to your reason then I doubt Bioware will listen to any of these other guys either.

Though it pains me greatly to admit this I believe our classes best days are far far behind us...
thanks for your support, and dont give up hope just yet

yoomazir's Avatar


yoomazir
12.05.2012 , 02:45 AM | #427
I think it's over, we're never going to see any true change for merc / commandos, just wait for the advance class switch option to come and let us all switch for PT/ Vangurard for dps.

Why do I feel so disgruntled today, after all this time, talking about our class and his need of a buff months after months?
Well, this is kinda off-topic pvp wise, but still related, yesterday I did an EC NM with my merc using raid mox parser, how was my surprise when I saw my guildmate outdpsing me with his lolsmash juggernaut... and that made me wonder :
We do average in pve and below average in pvp, we are behind any class in terms of survivability and utility, and damage wise we are starting to get relegated at the back of the bus.

This class needs waaaaaay more than a simple "buff", and that is not something I feel we're ever going to see so, in my humble opinion, just reroll into a mara or pt, I'll take some time to reach lvl 50, I'll retake some time to properly gear him up, but believe me, you'll never look back at that disaster called Mercenary/Commando...

bmhoff's Avatar


bmhoff
12.05.2012 , 02:53 AM | #428
Im rerolling a PT, just send over wh gear and start the work on the rest.

DaltarSpitfire's Avatar


DaltarSpitfire
12.05.2012 , 03:06 AM | #429
you know in all honesty...as a Merc we're supposed to be a Mobile Missile platform.... I for one don't really feel that way...and Missiles are supposed to be hard and fast hitting projectiles that obilterate their targets...again not something that i really feel as a Arsenal Merc. my missiles suck.. i run over 1290 Tech power.(giving my tech abilitys a bonus 909.something damage boost)..in almost Full wh and fully Augmented.. and i rarely hit over 4k...i barely break 3.8k with Hsm.

our damage sucks.
Through Fire, Wind and Rain, I've Stood my Ground, For Ages Untold I Stood Alone, Ere The Sun Shone, When This World Was Dark and Cold, I Stood Alone, The Earth Turns, The Wind Fades, And Rain Falls, Yet Still I Stand Alone. I am Spitfire Falcon, Last of My Clan, Dark Lord of Naritus.

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
12.05.2012 , 10:23 AM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Which is why my commando is a strictly PVE animal where I feel like I'm contributing.
^^^

sad but true.

"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -