Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ctfred
11.20.2012 , 02:11 PM | #321
Maybe include group buffs kinda like captains from lotro, So merc/commandos feel they help the group.

Jherad
11.20.2012 , 02:19 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
the problem is we have no way to maintain that DPS output when we are pressured by as little as even one person. with all the ways to be interrupted, instant cast tracer missile/grav round and charged bolts/power shot would be a very smart fix. it would allow us to fight back against melee opponents much more effectively than we can now, and would also prevent a couple of interrupts from locking us down from using our set-up attacks.
I can almost guarantee that if they do that, they'll nerf the damage - in effect raising the effectiveness of bad commandos, and hurting the good ones. That'd be the last straw for me.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zacharďah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

klham
11.20.2012 , 02:38 PM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
I can almost guarantee that if they do that, they'll nerf the damage - in effect raising the effectiveness of bad commandos, and hurting the good ones. That'd be the last straw for me.
That's what I'm afraid of. At this point a bad fix is worse than no fix at all. The optimist in me wants to think that the reason they're waiting so long is because they've got something really well-planned that they're just waiting for the right moment to roll out...

Btw I like your vids. It's inspiring to see a "hobbled" AC like the commando maximized so effectively in PvP.

Henu
11.20.2012 , 04:22 PM | #324
With a PVP update on the PTS and patch notes not yet complete, do you think Commando/mercs will get some love?
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

dejavy
11.20.2012 , 04:53 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarfunkz View Post
or maybe you should just stop playing poorly.
Maybe you should play a gunslinger/sage and compare?

yoomazir
11.20.2012 , 04:59 PM | #326
Dear Mercenaries & Commandos, REJOICE !

From here: http://dulfy.net/2012/11/16/swtor-f2...mion-schubert/

18. Will be there any faction or Advanced Class change option available for purchase in the future?

We have had serious talks recently about offering an Advanced Class change option – I think that one will likely happen eventually. Species is likely as well.

PT/VANGUARD FOR EVERYONE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!

*sigh*

klham
11.20.2012 , 05:15 PM | #327
Actually i already have a Vanguard 50. What I'd like is my 2 commando 50s to be roughly on-par with the other ACs in terms of skill level=survivability in PvP when all other considerations are equal (and by "on par" I don't mean identical). The disparity in this regard between commando/merc and every other AC in the game makes all other class imbalance issues look trivial imo.

BraaxusKun
11.20.2012 , 05:17 PM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone! I talked to Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer) about Commandos and Mercenaries and their situation in PvP right now, and he had this to say:

I think it's fair to say that Mercenaries and Commandos have escape issues. Admittedly, they can be very hard to catch when used correctly to hug corners, but a lot of that "escapability" falls aside when attacked by multiple melee enemies, at which point they just aren't quite tough enough to sustain without further escapes. We have plans for the future that should give Mercenaries and Commandos better escapes in PvP.
LOL. Austin Peckenpaugh needs to resign, now. ESCAPE ISSUES LOLOLOLOL! Because running away is useful....escape isn't the issue, and a heavy armour class shouldn't need to be LoSing like a trackstar, that's why the light armour classes have force speed (sage or w/e). "a lot of the escapability falls aside when attacked by multiple melee enemies" - any class gets shut down when attacked against multiple enemies, the reason commando sucks is because it falls apart against a SINGLE enemy, they're basically snipers - without cover or interrupt immunity, fix the class so they dont rely on grav round, an interrupt to that ability shuts them down.

LeonHawkeye
11.20.2012 , 05:24 PM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post

18. Will be there any faction or Advanced Class change option available for purchase in the future?

We have had serious talks recently about offering an Advanced Class change option – I think that one will likely happen eventually. Species is likely as well.

*sigh*
Very nice, although that is seriously a poor way to fix overall game balance and further discourages faith in a development team. On the bright side, if the class balance totem pole remains as it is now the extinction of Mandos/Mercs will be absolute and a giddy flood of newfound Vanguards/Powertechs will frolic like never before. Honestly can't wait, love my Mando but hate how dysfunctional and not viable it is for ranked play.

dejavy
11.20.2012 , 07:24 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post

*sigh*
I'M NOT GONNA CHANGE MY AC, I LOVE COMMANDO!!! Aaaand i have vanguard already and WOULD probably play it if i could deal damage as before not at 10m distance.