Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dovahbrah's Avatar


Dovahbrah
11.06.2012 , 02:30 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarfunkz View Post
That is what knockback is for... BOTH OF THEM. Not to mention that is what peels are for as well as guard. OMG tactics are hard!
Why do you keep posting in this thread, when you obviously don't PvP that much?

Lol@2 knockbacks.
You realize that every other class can get guarded too, right? And be more productive?
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

AsiriusNazriel's Avatar


AsiriusNazriel
11.06.2012 , 02:46 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
I was trolling you for using a vague pronoun :P

I just don't understand what these people are trying to prove. 20 sec Jet boost 45 second Electro dart, and 2 min Powersurge->concussion missile is just not enough tools to deal with mele IMO. Especially considering that some can spec into CC immunity and KB immunity after a leap.
You mean 1 spec that is rarely used in WZs. I'm sure you'd rather see more Focus/Rage spec players than Veng/Vig...
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

AsiriusNazriel's Avatar


AsiriusNazriel
11.06.2012 , 02:47 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
Why do you keep posting in this thread, when you obviously don't PvP that much?

Lol@2 knockbacks.
You realize that every other class can get guarded too, right? And be more productive?
Why are you posting in this thread if you haven't touched your Commando since January as you claim?
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

SpaniardInfinity's Avatar


SpaniardInfinity
11.06.2012 , 03:04 PM | #224
It's good to hear that they're at least making an effort to improve DPS Commando. You sort of have to be blinded to think otherwise. It'll be interesting to see what kind of escape mechanic they have in mind, mainly because I'm a Combat Medic/Bodyguard, but also because I'd love to pick up and play Gunnery/Arsenal again. The spec has no problem dealing damage (PvE shows that), it is totally lacking in team utility and personal utility though. Can't wait to see what they have in store.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
11.06.2012 , 03:07 PM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaniardInfinity View Post
It's good to hear that they're at least making an effort to improve DPS Commando. You sort of have to be blinded to think otherwise. It'll be interesting to see what kind of escape mechanic they have in mind, mainly because I'm a Combat Medic/Bodyguard, but also because I'd love to pick up and play Gunnery/Arsenal again. The spec has no problem dealing damage (PvE shows that), it is totally lacking in team utility and personal utility though. Can't wait to see what they have in store.
Meh...they've claimed the same crap before. For our big 'update', we got an interrupt and the ability to insta cast a heal in lieu of dealing damage. I have zero faith in them every fixing Commando.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

MelodicSixNine's Avatar


MelodicSixNine
11.06.2012 , 03:20 PM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
Why do you keep posting in this thread, when you obviously don't PvP that much?

Lol@2 knockbacks.
You realize that every other class can get guarded too, right? And be more productive?
LOL even @1 knockback. When I face a class with one I usually wait for my fellow knight to leap towards the target he punches knockback and I leap immediately after that and my fellow knight has time to reach the target and get few shots too. I bet a merc/commando comes right after that on forums to say a few words about warriors/knights

EDIT: I have no idea how to improve the AC without redesigning their dps trees, but escape ability like jetpack for mercenary and... rocket jump(ha! quake) for commando would sure make pyro/assault and heal spec a lot better, mobile and cooler. Arsenal/Gunnery would need a complete redesign or making tracer/grav instant.

Dovahbrah's Avatar


Dovahbrah
11.06.2012 , 07:58 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by AsiriusNazriel View Post
Why are you posting in this thread if you haven't touched your Commando since January as you claim?
Because the class has hardly changed mechanically in all that time?
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

Macroecon's Avatar


Macroecon
11.06.2012 , 10:35 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Meh...they've claimed the same crap before. For our big 'update', we got an interrupt and the ability to insta cast a heal in lieu of dealing damage. I have zero faith in them every fixing Commando.
Exactly. Oh, and then they also nerfed Merc Pyro's snare. 'Cuz they were really too hard for melee to kill. LOL.

AsiriusNazriel's Avatar


AsiriusNazriel
11.07.2012 , 10:00 AM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
Because the class has hardly changed mechanically in all that time?
So you're an expert on a class that you haven't touched since January?

Plenty of changes to the class, you should read the January notes and then compare them to how it is now. Oh, did they nerf your Gravround spamming? Poor bud.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

Dovahbrah's Avatar


Dovahbrah
11.07.2012 , 10:28 AM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by AsiriusNazriel View Post
So you're an expert on a class that you haven't touched since January?

Plenty of changes to the class, you should read the January notes and then compare them to how it is now. Oh, did they nerf your Gravround spamming? Poor bud.
Lol, your arrogance to ignorance ratio is off the charts. I love how you keep posting in my threads, even when you have no idea what you're talking about. I think I got under somebody's skin.

Plenty of changes to the class? Hardly, but keep thinking that. Anyone who spammed gravround was bad anyways. Oh, you had problems beating grav round spammers? Then you're even worse.

Here's some advice: stick to your marauder threads, because your knowledge of classes only extends that far, if even. Leave the other classes to the big boys.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman