Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy_reborn
05.03.2013 , 10:25 AM | #2201
Quote: Originally Posted by Osxoba View Post
Of course not. It's only a matter of time before it reaches the all time top commented thread.
well i had been under the impression before that 1000 posts was thread limit, but we are way past that lol.

it might already be the longest thread tbh
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Osxoba
05.03.2013 , 10:37 AM | #2202
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
well i had been under the impression before that 1000 posts was thread limit, but we are way past that lol.

it might already be the longest thread tbh
We're currently 4th in total replies in PVP forum, right behind "Pre-mades are ruining non-ranked PVP"

Masarko
05.03.2013 , 10:39 AM | #2203
Mercs are more viable than Powetechs.

Ryvirath
05.03.2013 , 10:41 AM | #2204
Mercs are right on par with MM snipers damage wise. They pretty much got everything they needed.
Disembrae Legacy
BiS pvper streaming all classes and specs (Returning August 2014)

Free stuff referral

T-Assassin
05.03.2013 , 10:43 AM | #2205
Of course not. It's only a matter of time before it reaches the all time top ignored thread.
Fixed.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

PerinnAybara
05.03.2013 , 10:48 AM | #2206
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvirath View Post
Mercs are right on par with MM snipers damage wise. They pretty much got everything they needed.
MM snipers with their heal debuff on shatter shot, with their now uncleansable armor debuff which they can apply with all specs of snipers? With their 3 minute aoe shield that helps the team control an area? Or their orbital strike which works very well at effective area denial again? 20% ranged defenses, and invulnerability to ranged attacks when they don't attack? Or their 15 seconds of entrench on a hrm how long is that cooldown? 45 seconds? Or something? What about the fact that my ranged interrupt can only be used on other mercs, sorcs, and operative healers? Not snipers? Or that true escape? Woot super roll!. What about leap immunity? Or a ranged root? Or the knife?

Sure we got everything we needed. But based on that perspective snipers need to be nerfed to the ground.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

TUXs
05.03.2013 , 10:50 AM | #2207
We're currently 4th in total replies in PVP forum, right behind "Pre-mades are ruining non-ranked PVP"
Geezus...we need to step it up people!!! There's only like 15 people that complain about that...we surely have that many Commandos still playing...right?! Guys??
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Osxoba
05.03.2013 , 10:52 AM | #2208
Oh boy, I LOL'd hard on that one.

NoTomorrow
05.03.2013 , 10:57 AM | #2209
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
MM snipers with their heal debuff on shatter shot, with their now uncleansable armor debuff which they can apply with all specs of snipers? With their 3 minute aoe shield that helps the team control an area? Or their orbital strike which works very well at effective area denial again? 20% ranged defenses, and invulnerability to ranged attacks when they don't attack? Or their 15 seconds of entrench on a hrm how long is that cooldown? 45 seconds? Or something? What about the fact that my ranged interrupt can only be used on other mercs, sorcs, and operative healers? Not snipers? Or that true escape? Woot super roll!. What about leap immunity? Or a ranged root? Or the knife?

Sure we got everything we needed. But based on that perspective snipers need to be nerfed to the ground.
How about we take the electro-net from you, your heavy armor and all your extra healing abilities? See what i did there?

RDPS classes and specs are different.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

T-Assassin
05.03.2013 , 11:00 AM | #2210
Interesting.

I would love to hear more, backed up with facts, evidence, RANKED WZ accounts, and perhaps even a few eye witness accounts as well.

As a long time Merc (early beta Firebug), as well as server first BM (deception Assy), and 2 other VR 50's (MM/sniper and VG/Assault) PRE 1.2, MY experiences in COMPETITIVE PvP are quite the opposite.

In non-ranked (PUG PvP, if you will) PvP, my Merc can be quite successful, even top damage 98% of the time!

However, when faced with opponents that execute communication, strategy, teamwork, and win-based objectives, Mercs are SEVERLY lacking behind classes such as the afore mentioned MM Sniper.

I, as well as many other intelligent and competitive PvP'rs know, and have proven throughout this post, through gameplay, beta testing, and sans variable metrics (dummy testing, OPs, PvP) that Merc is NOT on par with MM Snipers. Far from it.

"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -