Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jherad
11.06.2012 , 11:39 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarfunkz View Post
That is what knockback is for... BOTH OF THEM. Not to mention that is what peels are for as well as guard. OMG tactics are hard!
Both of them?
Zacharďah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

TUXs
11.06.2012 , 12:01 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarfunkz View Post
Vanguards survivability is lower at this point in time. They have to be melee and have minimal dcd unlike the other melee classes.
I have 1 of each...I wouldn't say "lower", but it's certainly no better.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Lionflash
11.06.2012 , 12:05 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
If you played PVP at all you would know that this is not realistic. And disabling shot wont stop Ravage not to mention its on a 12s cooldown. A marauder can jump into a pack of 4 guys and kill them all if he is skilled. It is impossible to survive if two mele are attacking a merc...even if they are noobs in recruit gear,
3 out of the 4 abilities I listed can stop a ravage, yes, obviously disabling shot can't stop a ravage...don't use disabling shot, use one of the other abilities.

I don't think a maurauder can win in a 4v1, that goes against all of the 'Stun Wars' threads on this board, that Maurauder can get 1 'smash' off before he is stunned to death, he can vanish and try again, but then it's pretty much over.

If a merc can survive and beat a 1v2 then I would think that the Merc is OP.

TUXs
11.06.2012 , 12:10 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Not me!!!

If I could beat 2 v1, I'd totally think it was my superior skillz and I'd tell everyone complaining what "bads" they were and that they were just "QQ"ing and they need to L2P...then I'd start a thread on how any 2 people could easily kill me, when they complained that it took 2+, I'd point out that this is a group game and they need to be better team players...however, when I can't, it's because my class is gimped and others are way OP.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Asukaa
11.06.2012 , 12:17 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I have 1 of each...I wouldn't say "lower", but it's certainly no better.
I have both also. But for some reason, I feel that my VG can stay up longer than my Commando. I know the abilities are exactly the same, I even have better gear and more HP on my Commando, but it just feels like the VG stays up longer. It could just be my imagination, since the VG's dps has more burst I can kill people faster and it just feels like I stayed alive longer since I killed the other person in a shorter amount of time. =)

Also, did they ninja nerf merc/commando dmg? I used to be able to pull 600-700k dmg done in wz's without issue, but now it's a struggle to get past 400k.
25 minute Assault Commando pvp video: http://youtu.be/7wM0QXWBwoE
Duck'bumps (Assault Commando) vs Silch (Focus Guardian) all 5 Rounds (Silch POV): http://youtu.be/R_S_DQKOvd8

Phasersablaze
11.06.2012 , 12:17 PM | #206
3 out of the 4 abilities I listed can stop a ravage, yes, obviously disabling shot can't stop a ravage...don't use disabling shot, use one of the other abilities.

I don't think a maurauder can win in a 4v1, that goes against all of the 'Stun Wars' threads on this board, that Maurauder can get 1 'smash' off before he is stunned to death, he can vanish and try again, but then it's pretty much over.

Newsflash for ya guy. Rocket Punch doesnt stop ravage anymore. That leaves 2 abilities on long cooldowns. Plz stop posting.

Lionflash
11.06.2012 , 12:24 PM | #207
Newsflash for ya guy. Rocket Punch doesnt stop ravage anymore. That leaves 2 abilities on long cooldowns. Plz stop posting.
3 abilities, Concussion Missle, Electro Dart and Jet Boost will stop a ravage.

I think this is a L2R(ead) issue.

I guess the difference between my Merc and yours is that you flip your keyboard and give up when things get rough. Meanwhile I've learned to adapt.

Phasersablaze
11.06.2012 , 12:29 PM | #208
3 abilities, Concussion Missle, Electro Dart and Jet Boost will stop a ravage.

I think this is a L2R(ead) issue.

I guess the difference between my Merc and yours is that you flip your keyboard and give up when things get rough. Meanwhile I've learned to adapt.
Concussion Missile?

BAHAHAHAHAHAH...

...BAHAHAHAHA

Lionflash
11.06.2012 , 12:43 PM | #209

Jenzali
11.06.2012 , 12:45 PM | #210
Concussion Missile?

BAHAHAHAHAHAH...

...BAHAHAHAHA
Use Power Surge with it.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.