Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

fujeo-finel
04.24.2013 , 01:54 AM | #2081
When can we get the option to use Tracer Missile with the old animation? I'll finally be able to play my Merc again and get him to 55 once this happens.

Osxoba
04.24.2013 , 08:22 AM | #2082
Probably not any time soon

PerinnAybara
04.24.2013 , 11:34 AM | #2083
I use kolto override to much success.

Then again I'm good at kiting, much practice doing it as a Merc healer, that I'm used to it as a Arsenal DPS.

Pair it with an expertise adrenal, kolto bombs, and shortened healing scans. Add los, and two tech override/powersurge just at the end for maximum effect. Or use your medpack at the end of it, or if you're being focused hard use it earlier.

It's about judgement and rotating your cd. I proc it manually or if I think there's a chance that I may be bursted down.

But seriously, I don't think they realized that pvp'rs don't get the increased amount of stats that level 55 should've brought. We are a balanced class, and their nerfs to crit really demolished our unload damage. Please make it crit more against players, or make it uninterruptible.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

ArchangelLBC
04.24.2013 , 03:05 PM | #2084
Yeah new crit rates make me a sad panda =(
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Bluntron
04.24.2013 , 05:33 PM | #2085
Do the 30% chance for increase power relics stack?

ArchangelLBC
04.24.2013 , 11:15 PM | #2086
Partisan+Conqeror stack. Conq+Conq does not.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Osxoba
04.25.2013 , 09:04 AM | #2087
I hate how this thread keeps shifting to the bottom.

TUXs
04.25.2013 , 09:23 AM | #2088
Quote: Originally Posted by Osxoba View Post
I hate how this thread keeps shifting to the bottom.
As do I! I fear we may be losing posters, not desire for a fix.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

evilmoka
04.25.2013 , 09:42 AM | #2089
I guess our defensive and casting problems are lost along with the fix (hopefully removal) of the BoLOLster system...

T-Assassin
04.25.2013 , 11:15 AM | #2090
I'll help keep this bumped while my sub is active (3 more weeks), even tho I have not played my Merc since 1.7.

It saddens me to see Merc be so futile in PvP (Ranked or vs. players of moderate to high skill).

I've given up attempting to speak reason, provide QoL suggestion, and holding on to any hope Merc will be "fixed" anytime soon.

I've been here since the beginning, early beta Merc/Firebug, and the decline has been steady, in terms of class viability and competitiveness in PvP.

2.0 has been an "improvement", but, since all other classes also received improvements, it's impact, the improvements that is(esp. in PvP), have been more or less a wash.

as a Merc/Pyro...well, I feel as though I've been betrayed. The subclass has been deemed virtually useless in comparison to other classes, based on their roles, in both PvP and PvE.

Healer...worst healer subclass
Pyro...worst DPS subclass
Arsenal...I don't care, I've played Arse for about 5 hours...I'm a FB/Pyro, 4 life.

-COMPETITIVE PvP'rs and rankeds have no use for a class that is 3rd best in healing.
-COMPETITIVE PvP'rs and rankeds have no use for a DPS class that can EASILY be shutdown and have minimal defenses.

Sure, highly skilled players do well, and can do well with quality team, strategy, and teamwork...

But, it's like driving a mini-van at the Indy 500...Sure, you COULD do it...But, aren't you trying to win?

"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -