Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DkSharktooth
04.21.2013 , 10:33 AM | #2031
Quote: Originally Posted by evilmoka View Post
Still no defensive ability worth mentioning...
Still no way to get casts off properly...
Healer class still doesn't compare to scoundrel or sage....
I agree with point 2 and point 3.

1st point is somewhat incorrect for arsenal mercs. As arsenal, your chafe flare can absorb the next incoming yellow dmg direct ability such as smash, heatseaker missile, shock, ect.... You also have 6 second cooldown on kolto missile, 30 seconds on hydraulic, 1 minute on power surge, some random absorb proc when taking dmg, energy shield, knockback, rocketpunch root, concussion missile. Now saying we have all these things doesn't mean that I completely disagree with you, because I know other classes can do it better, but we aren't all supposed to be the same class.

Overall, I agree that mercs still need more fine tunning for pvp.

cashogy_reborn
04.21.2013 , 12:33 PM | #2032
does that chaff flare absorb accidentally absorb DoT damage? i havent tried it out yet b/c i assumed it would
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
04.21.2013 , 04:26 PM | #2033
The difference between 1.7 commando DPS and 2.0 commando DPS is crazy. Several little changes that add up to a big difference.

We aren't where we were before 2.0.

That being said we haven't gotten enough better. I'd say we've closed the gap, but overall we're still bottom of the pile. We aren't the free kills we once were (or rather there's more of us that aren't free kills than there was before). That's a pretty nice change overall.

Getting better is what I'm saying. Not quite there yet.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

texoc
04.21.2013 , 05:04 PM | #2034
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
The difference between 1.7 commando DPS and 2.0 commando DPS is crazy. Several little changes that add up to a big difference.

We aren't where we were before 2.0.

That being said we haven't gotten enough better. I'd say we've closed the gap, but overall we're still bottom of the pile. We aren't the free kills we once were (or rather there's more of us that aren't free kills than there was before). That's a pretty nice change overall.

Getting better is what I'm saying. Not quite there yet.

arent free kills??

With all Cooldowns 1 of the strongest if not the strongest 1on1 class in the game.
Previe

evilmoka
04.21.2013 , 05:31 PM | #2035
Still need a getaway/defense move that doesn't suck like 25% reduction for only 12 secs every 2 minutes.

Still need a way to get guaranteed casts off.

nkitch
04.21.2013 , 06:29 PM | #2036
I have to say I'm really enjoying my merc at the moment,

yes I still have to lurk round corners and stay off the front line but as for defense I have found I can actually win alot of 1v1 battles now this is due to the extras we revived in 2.0

For example before if a melee decided to single me out before 2.0 I was pretty much doomed but now I can hit power surge and either get a FM off followed by a TM & HSM while on the run, or I can fire off to heals that would normally need to be channeled,

This in a combination of jet boost , rocket punch , shield & chaff flares and ofc my beloved eletro net and hydraulic overrides means can keep enough distance from them while still laying down fire.

In short knock them back snare then light them up - stun them light them up again - rocket punch electro net move back light them up again, rinse and repeat all the time leading them back to friendly's just as insurance.

For this tactic I have found pinning fire very useful along with the above mentioned power surge combos.
The Bladehunter Legacy
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

evilmoka
04.21.2013 , 06:42 PM | #2037
Yeah they are definitely better than before, but still a long ways from where they should be. defensive and free cast is all we need to be balanced. We die way too fast for heavy armor and all other classes have defensive abilities far better than our shield.

Lalainnia
04.21.2013 , 09:23 PM | #2038
For healing mandos/mercs the gap got even bigger lol......
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

ArchangelLBC
04.21.2013 , 11:45 PM | #2039
Quote: Originally Posted by texoc View Post
arent free kills??

With all Cooldowns 1 of the strongest if not the strongest 1on1 class in the game.
That's a pretty bold claim. I think people just don't expect us. I decimated an assassin in 1v1 tonight but he was pretty awful. We'll definitely make people who try to single us out like they used to pay cash though.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

evilmoka
04.22.2013 , 01:18 AM | #2040
My best was 993k on void star on commado. On my sage with only 3 parts of partisan I got 1.3 million.

I heard commadnos might get a chain heal and some type of stun /dmg mines. I hope it's true, but it's not confirmed