Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Technohic
04.03.2013 , 07:46 AM | #1871
I'm thinking about maining my merc for 2.0 and walking around saying "Haters gonna hate." all the time when people complain about me queuing. Then just saying "Hater" every time someone jumps me in a warzone. Can I key bind that?
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

Crawelc
04.03.2013 , 08:04 AM | #1872
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I'm thinking about maining my merc for 2.0 and walking around saying "Haters gonna hate." all the time when people complain about me queuing. Then just saying "Hater" every time someone jumps me in a warzone. Can I key bind that?
Cant keybind it but if you have a good mouse or keyboard you can certainly macro it.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

Technohic
04.03.2013 , 08:23 AM | #1873
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Cant keybind it but if you have a good mouse or keyboard you can certainly macro it.
Naga = covered
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

Ossos
04.03.2013 , 08:33 AM | #1874
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I fear this is true.

How come when it comes to trooper nerfs they are all for the big change (cutting plasma cell in half), but when it comes to buffs they believe in tiny baby step change =(
Don't look at it as big change little change, look at it as effective change.

Was cutting plasma cell in half effective? No. It was an ineffective change. With everything I've seen in 2.0, they've gutted the PT/Vanguards to the point where now it's go Tank (healer meatshield squad) or go home (they broke two of the three specs).

With the buffs they've put into place for the Merc/Comm...are those going to be effective? Heck no! When all is said and done, what did we really get? We got a slow...a slowing affect that applies a weak dot while letting the target move progressively faster, back to normal speed. This is ineffective. Under the best circumstance you're going to E-net your target and then try and unload on them. Your target is going to range interrupt or pop a defensive cooldown...all the while they are starting to move faster and will be fisting you mommentarily.

The buff, although small, is still ineffective.

I get where your coming from, just look changes being effective or ineffective. In both cases, they are ineffective.
Preventing Hackers and Exploiters from ruining the game is not a priority. Preventing you from mentioning the fact that they exist and go unpunished is.

TUXs
04.03.2013 , 09:25 AM | #1875
Quote: Originally Posted by Ossos View Post
Don't look at it as big change little change, look at it as effective change.

Was cutting plasma cell in half effective? No. It was an ineffective change. With everything I've seen in 2.0, they've gutted the PT/Vanguards to the point where now it's go Tank (healer meatshield squad) or go home (they broke two of the three specs).

The buff, although small, is still ineffective.

I get where your coming from, just look changes being effective or ineffective. In both cases, they are ineffective.
The nerf to plasma cell has me worried...that could be HUGE to me...it's unfortunate they don't seem to understand what the **** they're doing.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Ossos
04.03.2013 , 11:46 AM | #1876
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
The nerf to plasma cell has me worried...that could be HUGE to me...it's unfortunate they don't seem to understand what the **** they're doing.
It is huge. From what I've seen PT/Vans have seen a SIGNIFICANT decrease in damage output.
Preventing Hackers and Exploiters from ruining the game is not a priority. Preventing you from mentioning the fact that they exist and go unpunished is.

ArchangelLBC
04.03.2013 , 02:43 PM | #1877
Don't forget the nerf to AP too.

Changes to ammo management also makes no sense >=(
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy_reborn
04.03.2013 , 03:43 PM | #1878
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
That's pts damage :P Against pve boostlered people while you had full conqueror.

Cheater!
it was only full partisan. but yeah
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

PerinnAybara
04.03.2013 , 04:35 PM | #1879
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
it was only full partisan. but yeah
Guess I was the cheater.

AFter the first couple days I had full conqueror :P
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five