Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArchangelLBC
04.02.2013 , 03:53 PM | #1861
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
And your top PvP rateds teams: how many DPS commando/mercs do they run? We can check back again when 2.0 is live but I'll bet none of the strong teams bring a DPS commando to rateds.

TANGENT: Anyone wanna give odds that the Season 1 champion uses a DPS commando/merc in the final match? How about in any match?
Hell no. On the offchance it actually happens that person would be owed all the money if they bet zero credits. Thems not good odds my friend.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

TimeBeast
04.02.2013 , 05:18 PM | #1862
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
And your top PvP rateds teams: how many DPS commando/mercs do they run? We can check back again when 2.0 is live but I'll bet none of the strong teams bring a DPS commando to rateds.

TANGENT: Anyone wanna give odds that the Season 1 champion uses a DPS commando/merc in the final match? How about in any match?
Hey im mvp have been using icressi on his merc quiet a few times recently, and he's been topping dmg

I'm not saying commandos are fine or balanced, just sayian' :P
Larsson
Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU 16 60's
Coral
LARSSON

Jherad
04.02.2013 , 06:48 PM | #1863
Quote: Originally Posted by TimeBeast View Post
Hey im mvp have been using icressi on his merc quiet a few times recently, and he's been topping dmg

I'm not saying commandos are fine or balanced, just sayian' :P
Hah. I've been watching their streams. They're playing around with all sorts of classes right now, but listening to them speak (and Icressi rage when gets inevitably focused), I really REALLY doubt they consider a merc 'optimal' lol.

And I know you're not saying that, but most of the good PvP mercs/commandos in this thread can and DO run ranked, even if often we're just a 'we need an 8th, who the heck shall we try?' oddball pick, despite representing the best our respective servers have to offer for our class. What we'd like is for the class to be balanced with those optimal obvious picks.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
The Twinkletoes Legacy
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

cashogy_reborn
04.02.2013 , 07:14 PM | #1864
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Hah. I've been watching their streams. They're playing around with all sorts of classes right now, but listening to them speak (and Icressi rage when gets inevitably focused), I really REALLY doubt they consider a merc 'optimal' lol.

And I know you're not saying that, but most of the good PvP mercs/commandos in this thread can and DO run ranked, even if often we're just a 'we need an 8th, who the heck shall we try?' oddball pick, despite representing the best our respective servers have to offer for our class. What we'd like is for the class to be balanced with those optimal obvious picks.
this. ive done RWZ on a Merc, and done very well. the difference being that i would have done even better had i been playing say sniper. and then my teammates would not have to peel for me so frequently.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Ossos
04.02.2013 , 09:20 PM | #1865
Bioware won't fix them because...they simply don't know how. It's been over a year and there's been no movement on this.

It's not that they're unwilling, they're unable...which is a far worse scenario.
Preventing Hackers and Exploiters from ruining the game is not a priority. Preventing you from mentioning the fact that they exist and go unpunished is.

ArchangelLBC
04.02.2013 , 10:49 PM | #1866
Quote: Originally Posted by Ossos View Post
Bioware won't fix them because...they simply don't know how. It's been over a year and there's been no movement on this.

It's not that they're unwilling, they're unable...which is a far worse scenario.
I fear this is true.

How come when it comes to trooper nerfs they are all for the big change (cutting plasma cell in half), but when it comes to buffs they believe in tiny baby step change =(
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

AlrikFassbauer
04.03.2013 , 05:05 AM | #1867
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Under 50 PVP isn't important. At all.
Thank you for badmouthing all u50 players.

PerinnAybara
04.03.2013 , 05:11 AM | #1868
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Thank you for badmouthing all u50 players.
He meant when talking about balancing.

The intelligence of these people.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

PerinnAybara
04.03.2013 , 05:15 AM | #1869
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
That's pts damage :P Against pve boostlered people while you had full conqueror.

Cheater!
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Jherad
04.03.2013 , 06:17 AM | #1870
Hush Penny
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
The Twinkletoes Legacy
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol