Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PerinnAybara
04.01.2013 , 11:12 AM | #1831
I wish swtor would have balancing cycles every patch. That way it's not make or break every single damn big patch. Test the game with a large audience, and if you constantly rebalance then people won't be so worried about fotm.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

cashogy_reborn
04.01.2013 , 11:14 AM | #1832
AP said that they were going to try to move towards that kind of development cycle in the future. but, words are wind. so lets see if they back it up now that the expansion is out of the way.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
04.01.2013 , 11:15 AM | #1833
Supposedly doing that is in discussion, and it seems most forum posters are in agreement. Honestly I think 2.0 has just been keeping what limited staff they have busy. Is that an excuse? Not an excuse really, but an explanation certainly. I'm hoping though that going forward we see a lot more little tweaks from patch to patch.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Jherad
04.01.2013 , 11:16 AM | #1834
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
AP said that they were going to try to move towards that kind of development cycle in the future. but, words are wind. so lets see if they back it up now that the expansion is out of the way.
Yeah, that and A.P. doesn't seem to have a clue as to what classes are FOTM or OP at any given time. Just a bunch of numbers in a spreadsheet to him.

Edit: It took practically an entire forum hijacking to get the last little tweak to commandos. He hasn't the faintest idea why people are complaining. Utterly, utterly clueless.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

ArchangelLBC
04.01.2013 , 11:40 AM | #1835
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Yeah, that and A.P. doesn't seem to have a clue as to what classes are FOTM or OP at any given time. Just a bunch of numbers in a spreadsheet to him.

Edit: It took practically an entire forum hijacking to get the last little tweak to commandos. He hasn't the faintest idea why people are complaining. Utterly, utterly clueless.
Awww so harsh. Maybe he does know and just doesn't care.

-Wnd

TUXs
04.01.2013 , 12:49 PM | #1836
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Awww so harsh. Maybe he does know and just doesn't care.
This.

I honestly do not believe he's not aware of the numerous issues in PvP and there's no possibility he "doesn't" know. He simply doesn't care...as long as his numbers look good on paper, he's content.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

cashogy_reborn
04.01.2013 , 12:56 PM | #1837
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
This.

I honestly do not believe he's not aware of the numerous issues in PvP and there's no possibility he "doesn't" know. He simply doesn't care...as long as his numbers look good on paper, he's content.
Metrics told AP to ignore all forms of feedback but the numbers he gets from Metrics. as long as Metrics says a class is balanced, AP is happy
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

TUXs
04.01.2013 , 01:47 PM | #1838
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Metrics told AP to ignore all forms of feedback but the numbers he gets from Metrics. as long as Metrics says a class is balanced, AP is happy
Wouldn't surprise me. Metrics has been running the show since launch. I just wish AP had the courage to stand up to Metrics and tell him he's misleading and mistaken.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

ArchangelLBC
04.01.2013 , 02:16 PM | #1839
So Metrics is the ignorant one and AP is the indifferent one? Got it.

-Wnd

ArchangelLBC
04.01.2013 , 11:22 PM | #1840
Bu-bu-bu-bunko!

-Wnd