Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
03.30.2013 , 09:27 PM | #1811
Sounds like TK sage might be to your liking.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
03.31.2013 , 01:12 AM | #1812
if i can get my butt in gear on leveling my sniper, i will have that for RWZ and i can derp around on my Merc in regs. since it does seem that the 2.0 changes will at least keep us on par in that aspect.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
03.31.2013 , 04:17 PM | #1813
Hooray for Status Quo Ante!
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

rlamela's Avatar


rlamela
03.31.2013 , 05:54 PM | #1814
Cashology how bad was the nerf to plasma cell and assault plastique (for ciommandos). I only played my sage on PTS. Does it really cripple my burst that bad as I have read.

Crackroxx

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
03.31.2013 , 08:05 PM | #1815
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
Cashology how bad was the nerf to plasma cell and assault plastique (for ciommandos). I only played my sage on PTS. Does it really cripple my burst that bad as I have read.

Crackroxx
plasma cell had its damage nerfed 50%. which you may not notice too much in your burst, but sustained damage got a huge hit with that change.

assault plastique is trash for PvP now. its is actually better for PvE tho. the reason is that instead of a straight up burst skill capable of breaking 7k on a crit (which you initially could on PTS), it now will peak at 3.9k burst, with 2-4k more damage over 12s from a DoT. so you do potentially more overall damage, but it is spread out over 12s. its a terrible change that pretty much cripples full Assault spec. Charged Bolts is able to hit harder (i was hitting 4.9-5k crits with it).

overall, the spec is ruined for PvE and PvP. which was totally unnecessary.

which means that Gunnery is now the go-to DPS spec for Commando.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

rlamela's Avatar


rlamela
03.31.2013 , 09:04 PM | #1816
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
plasma cell had its damage nerfed 50%. which you may not notice too much in your burst, but sustained damage got a huge hit with that change.

assault plastique is trash for PvP now. its is actually better for PvE tho. the reason is that instead of a straight up burst skill capable of breaking 7k on a crit (which you initially could on PTS), it now will peak at 3.9k burst, with 2-4k more damage over 12s from a DoT. so you do potentially more overall damage, but it is spread out over 12s. its a terrible change that pretty much cripples full Assault spec. Charged Bolts is able to hit harder (i was hitting 4.9-5k crits with it).

overall, the spec is ruined for PvE and PvP. which was totally unnecessary.

which means that Gunnery is now the go-to DPS spec for Commando.
well that just sucks. i don't want to go back to Grav Round. Told them in beta that shared trees was a stupid idea. I even thought it was dumb that abilities you got after level 10 were the same also. Oh well ESO is in beta now, And many of other interesting games coming soon.

Crackroxx

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
03.31.2013 , 09:16 PM | #1817
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
well that just sucks. i don't want to go back to Grav Round. Told them in beta that shared trees was a stupid idea. I even thought it was dumb that abilities you got after level 10 were the same also. Oh well ESO is in beta now, And many of other interesting games coming soon.

Crackroxx
gunnery spec is actually much better than it was. Grav Round doesnt need to stack the armor buff anymore, it applies one 20% armor debuff and +25% damage to Demo Round buff, which make our main burst rotation a bit more user friendly.

tech override can be spec'd to have a 90s cooldown and 2 charges. which helps marginally when youre being pressured; the cooldown is too long imo tho for it to be a main go-to tool.

Hold the Line is baseline for all Troopers now, which is a great addition for Commando. youre actually able to escape from the middle of the of chaos and LoS to heal. in conjunction with baseline Kolto Bomb, it helps with out survivability a good deal.

damage output under pressure is still a huge, huge weak-spot though. also, the crit nerf has hurt commando very badly. it really ruins our burst, and makes Full Auto a very lackluster attack now.

tl;dr: 2.0 brings a handful of QoL buffs to Commando, but nothing of real substance to improve the point where the class was really lacking.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

PerinnAybara's Avatar


PerinnAybara
04.01.2013 , 07:05 AM | #1818
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
gunnery spec is actually much better than it was. Grav Round doesnt need to stack the armor buff anymore, it applies one 20% armor debuff and +25% damage to Demo Round buff, which make our main burst rotation a bit more user friendly.

tech override can be spec'd to have a 90s cooldown and 2 charges. which helps marginally when youre being pressured; the cooldown is too long imo tho for it to be a main go-to tool.

Hold the Line is baseline for all Troopers now, which is a great addition for Commando. youre actually able to escape from the middle of the of chaos and LoS to heal. in conjunction with baseline Kolto Bomb, it helps with out survivability a good deal.

damage output under pressure is still a huge, huge weak-spot though. also, the crit nerf has hurt commando very badly. it really ruins our burst, and makes Full Auto a very lackluster attack now.

tl;dr: 2.0 brings a handful of QoL buffs to Commando, but nothing of real substance to improve the point where the class was really lacking.
They should give unload a 15-30% crit chance increase talent.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Phrase's Avatar


Phrase
04.01.2013 , 08:13 AM | #1819
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
They should give unload a 15-30% crit chance increase talent.
You know how OP that would be? It would be like giving a class the ability to autocrit on a high dmg aoe attack on low CD.

Sixgun
The Bastion

BanetheDarkLord's Avatar


BanetheDarkLord
04.01.2013 , 08:17 AM | #1820
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
You know how OP that would be? It would be like giving a class the ability to autocrit on a high dmg aoe attack on low CD.
Unload is single target.....works just like Full Auto.

If anything have either a talent within the trees or just make Unload completely uninterruptable. Ravage/Master Strike already have that capability and all of the Snipers attacks are uninterruptable as long as they are in cover. Seems like something that wouldn't be game breaking, but would help the Mercs a lot.
Ry'tan-Juggernaut-55 | Treys'n-Powertech-55 | Velmir-Operative-55 |
Lurruh-Sage-21 | Sellysha-Mercenary-45 | Zarruh-Assassin-41