Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
03.28.2013 , 02:45 PM | #1781
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsFan View Post
Ouch that last part cut deep :P Just when I thought we could be friends...
I know I know...and I'm soooo sorry...I was REALLY trying not to type it...it's just that in Wisconsin, we're literally taught to hate the Bears - it's required credit to graduate. We tried to hate the Vikings for a few years, but everyone knows they'll never win a Super Bowl, and the Lions, heck, even we feel bad for their fans.

All warfare is based on deception Ľ If his forces are united, separate them Ľ If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near Ľ A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Jherad
03.28.2013 , 03:03 PM | #1782
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Given their current domination of the server in ranked it wouldn't surprise me if they queued with a merc one night just to prove a point.
Eh, I don't know any of the ID guys personally beyond the occasional nod/wave, but I do believe they're committed to winning efficiently when presented with a challenge (as opposed to say scoring in huttball as a czerka crate-o-matic when steamrolling ).

I have no doubt they'll experiment with every class in 2.0, as every good team should - it is where they ultimately end up that will be revealing.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

ArchangelLBC
03.28.2013 , 03:19 PM | #1783
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Eh, I don't know any of the ID guys personally beyond the occasional nod/wave, but I do believe they're committed to winning efficiently when presented with a challenge (as opposed to say scoring in huttball as a czerka crate-o-matic when steamrolling ).

I have no doubt they'll experiment with every class in 2.0, as every good team should - it is where they ultimately end up that will be revealing.
Very true. I was just thinking they might try merc DPS just as a self imposed challenge >.>
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Dovahbrah
03.28.2013 , 04:03 PM | #1784
Wow, I quit this game months ago and my thread is still going strong. Of course I come back to see that the situation hasn't changed. At all. This game had so much potential, so sad.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

ArchangelLBC
03.28.2013 , 04:09 PM | #1785
HAH! We refuse to let this one die. Not till they actually fix us.

Then it will kept up as a memorial to dev incompetence.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Bluntron
03.28.2013 , 04:51 PM | #1786
isnt this one of the forums with the most posts?

CommanderKeeva
03.28.2013 , 05:01 PM | #1787
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
isnt this one of the forums with the most posts?
Usually, with the premade thread closely following behind. Bioware refuses to acknowledge either problem, so these threads will stay around forever.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

iamef
03.28.2013 , 05:49 PM | #1788
I spent a good bit of time commenting about Commandos and playing one in PvP. I've stopped doing both, but I am keeping up with this thread and the pts notes. I really think the reason we didn't get the fix we wanted (some type of consistent un-interrutibility) is because then we would be OP, and they would have to nerf our dmg output which would piss off all the people who play commando all the time, namely PvE folks.. A gunnery commando who can freely cast grav round is in fact pretty awesome... We get an armor debuff on our opponent, a dmg reduction shield, a proc of full auto, and with a few stacks, a nicely buff'd HiB or a near instant self heal. However, a commando without grav round is like a focus sent with no way to consistently proc felling blow and build stacks of singularity; a lot of possibility, but not much actual output. The class is broken for PvP, and until they actually have the time to rebuild it, I think band-aids is what we will get. As far as the assault spec, I kind of think it would be the same thing... If they fixed it by giving us two instant attacks that could proc ionic accelerator, we'd be this super vanguard with self heals and gobs of AoE, plus the inherent higher dmg output of a canon vs. blaster rifle. Again, I think, needing a nerf to dmg output, and hurting PvE to fix PvP.

My 2 cents, sorry for huge glob of text.
--- Er'nesto / Er'nestoo / Nestero / ╦rnesto ---

WOOK -- The Shadowlands

MarkXXIV
03.28.2013 , 07:53 PM | #1789
the game will probally shut down before merc get fixed Lol. Try again next year dovahbrah merc still isnt fixed.

ChicagoBearsFan
03.28.2013 , 08:24 PM | #1790
At this point I would be happy with heavy armor that actually functions as heavy armor, rather than the injection- molded plastic fake stuff we wear that just looks like real trooper armor.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server